Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Maple Leaf's Financial Times thread

Wikiposts

The Maple Leaf's Financial Times thread

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Maple Leaf's Financial Times thread

Bought RY too soon,that was last week when it went down.
Would be better had I bought it yesterday.Hindsight is always 20/20

Now eyeing TRP.Got rid of Fort Chicago on 24 Dec for Boralax -BPT.UN
due to the heavy snow pack in QC.to turn the turnbines.7cents divi.
monthly with 50% tax deffered.
Yoong
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:57 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yoong
Bought RY too soon,that was last week when it went down.

I hear ya!

How's this for 'less than optimal' trading? --> I attempted to sell some shares a few weeks ago during a run-up (would have made a sweet profit)... pressed 'buy' by accident. :embaressed_smile:

On the plus side I predicted the top of the market ... unfortunately I am now stuck with shares that are at about half the value of what I paid for them :curse: ... and I had to use money from my HELOC to pay for them :curse: ... so I'm getting stung twice!

I could kick myself but really I have to laugh.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I hear ya!

How's this for 'less than optimal' trading? --> I attempted to sell some shares a few weeks ago during a run-up (would have made a sweet profit)... pressed 'buy' by accident. :embaressed_smile:

On the plus side I predicted the top of the market ... unfortunately I am now stuck with shares that are at about half the value of what I paid for them :curse: ... and I had to use money from my HELOC to pay for them :curse: ... so I'm getting stung twice!

I could kick myself but really I have to laugh.
Oh no,what a nightmare when you pressed the wrong button.
Watching the interest rate,HELOC is sitting on the side for more
divi stocks. Hope to see more slide in the interest rate before I use
the HELOC. Working today, no time to check the markets.

Can you keep that mistake as an off set for future cap. gains??

Yoong
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:26 am

Can you keep that mistake as an off set for future cap. gains??

I don't really have the option not to!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:27 am

Watching the interest rate,HELOC is sitting on the side for more divi stocks.
Can you recommend a good website for reading up on divi stocks?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Can you recommend a good website for reading up on divi stocks?
http://www.investcom.com/incometrust/incometrust.htm
Do look at the Tax information section from the company website.

Good example is Boralex's tax information. I think they are tax friendly for
investors.http://www.boralex.com/trust/en_cti.asp

My other site is www.stockhouse.com

Yoong
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:43 am

http://www.investcom.com/incometrust/incometrust.htm
Do look at the Tax information section from the company website.

Good example is Boralex's tax information. I think they are tax friendly for
investors.http://www.boralex.com/trust/en_cti.asp

Thanks Yoong!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:25 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

This is one of the Best sites, I am a Full Time Investor, friendly people only too happy to help.

http://www.financialwebring.com
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Howard1944
This is one of the Best sites, I am a Full Time Investor, friendly people only too happy to help.

http://www.financialwebring.com
Thanks Howard
Yoong
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A few share tips

If anyone is interested in a great tip for the Uk Aim market try QTI qonnectis
There are an excellent company blasting on up i bought these shares for 1 Pence in August 2007 they were up to 2.95p last month I nearlly trippled my return. They make a product called leak frog which can detect leaks on water mains. Thames water have just taken out a contract with the company. Could go world wide. Due to the recent up and downs in the stock market these shares can be bought for 1.93 pence. So i whipped up another £500 worth today. I expect they will be 10 pence a share by end of 2009. Get in Quick!! Another recommendation GSK (glaxosmithkline) currently trading at less £13 per share many stock brokers tip these to reach £20 per share in the next couple of years. BP. (British petroleum) currently £5.30 and shell (RDSB) £17 per share are really under value!! i expect £7 and £21 for these shares by end of year.
RBS and bradford and bingley obviously a bargain at the moment. These shares will recover this year.