Malaysian 777

Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:37 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malaysian 777

The 777 is one of the safest planes out there, yet this one disappeared without even a mayday call?
If both engines had failed the plane would have glided for 40 miles so what the heck happened here?

Two passengers are known to have boarded using false (stolen) passports.

This whole thing is bugging me, I don't see a good outcome to this, I smell bad guys involvement. But who? And why ?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaysian 777

Your asking the million dollar question, and hopefully they will be able to determine a cause.

I wondering if it could be anything like the Air France flight a few years back.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Why exactly - I see no advantage to any cause that 2 Europeans may be involved in that would target a passenger demographic like that. Maybe the wing that was damaged on the runway collision years ago just tore off and down she went. Although not with the 777 other airliners have had wing root problems in the past. I would assume they x-ray the heck out of those things regularly though. The experts on tv say the cabin pressure must have been breached rapidly, as in an explosion. Now that the Vietnamese Navy has a fix on the oil slick they can start fishing for pieces and maybe find out.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:24 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

The nasty thing is that the two people who both had stolen passports both purchased their ticket together...I hope it is just coincidence and a 'straight forward, very sad' disaster. It is surely a sad sign of a mailign society that we look for signs and portents, and they are often proved correct.

The Air France disaster out of Brazil was total pilot error...beyond stupidity pilot error...the aircraft was fine, and Air France is, quite correctly, being sued. Not that that will do the poor sods in the aircraft or any of their families a jot of good.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Global is reporting this morning, there may have been at-least 4 people with suspicious identification on board, and Malaysia has apparently sent the names to both their intelligence agency as well as the FBI for investigation.

Aircraft was last inspected 10 days ago, and nothing unusual was noted from the inspection.

Military and Civilian radar apparently show the aircraft turned back towards where they came from right before contact was lost, but this hasn't been confirmed.

From a picture posted on an aviation site, the 2 passengers on the stolen passports tickets were sequential, so bought at the same time. (this hasn't been confirmed form what I can tell however.)

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 9th 2014 at 12:40 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

My further instalment from my husband who is getting it from PPrune, the pilot site is that there is that a Navy destroyer is at there now and no debris has been discovered, and they say the oil slick is the wrong colour and was probably caused by a tanker cleaning it's tank...

The emergency locator never went off and transmission just stopped, which is easy to do if you know how to do it, apparently.

What a horrible mystery. I so hope that there is a chance that they may have been hijacked, and taken somewhere and are safe.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
What a horrible mystery. I so hope that there is a chance that they may have been hijacked, and taken somewhere and are safe.
Until they find identifiable wreckage, there's still a chance. But, the longer it goes on with no-one admitting responsibility for a hijacking, the less likely that is.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

My further instalment from my husband who is getting it from PPrune, the pilot site is that there is that a Navy destroyer is at there now and no debris has been discovered, and they say the oil slick is the wrong colour and was probably caused by a tanker cleaning it's tank...

The emergency locator never went off and transmission just stopped, which is easy to do if you know how to do it, apparently.

The whole thing is rather bizarre. A plane cannot just disappear without a trace,this explanation maybe the most plausible. It could be a religious group / fundamentalist - need I say more. I just hope the passengers are safe.

Ruby
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:21 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RubyRose
The whole thing is rather bizarre. A plane cannot just disappear without a trace,this explanation maybe the most plausible. It could be a religious group / fundamentalist - need I say more. I just hope the passengers are safe.

Ruby
But it disappeared from radar. How can that happen unless it is no longer.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
But it disappeared from radar. How can that happen unless it is no longer.
That's one of the many peculiar parts; if it was hijacked, how did no-one see it on radar? If it crashed, why can't we see any obvious wreckage?

I know modern air traffic control is often based around the aircraft actively telling the ground where it is, and that can easily be disabled, but it should still at least have appeared as a dot on military radar, unless it was flying very low.

So far, nothing really makes sense. When AF447 crashed, wreckage was found quickly, even though the aircraft pretty much fell straight down into the Atlantic. That said, there are probably a lot more ships sailing through this area, so there's a lot of normal everyday ship junk that's hard to distinguish from parts of a crashed plane.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone else wants to read the posts from the pilots site mentioned above, it's here.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:35 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that ther are anti aircraft missile testing in the area, that would explain it's sudden disappearance. If it's anything like that, then we will never know the truth.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I read somewhere that ther are anti aircraft missile testing in the area, that would explain it's sudden disappearance. If it's anything like that, then we will never know the truth.
But then there would be debris from the plane breaking up - and they have found no definite trace as yet.

There is also some speculation that the plane attempted to turn around and return back to it's departure point just prior to disappearing.

Bermuda Triangle thingy?

Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Bermuda Triangle thingy?
Bizarrely, alien wormholes in space and time seem one of the more plausible explanations at this point...
Old Mar 9th 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Rather scary and frightening!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.