Lunchtime Choices

Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by caretaker
Could be... how you know something like this?
https://theexchangelive.ca/event-cal...sideshow-revue
I know that movie. I have a vague recollection of someone carrying a plant several times.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 6:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Out of the freezer, and off to work in a bag, and just 3 minutes in the microwave! Stubbs' green chili sauce on the side.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 1:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sardines
Old Apr 6th 2019, 10:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Lunch today. That's me done for about three day now.

Old Apr 6th 2019, 10:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Oink;12666981]Lunch today. That's me done for about three day now.[QUOTE]<br />That looks good, and more substantial than what you're used to, you must be a happy camper. What is that red stuff in the top pic? It looks for all the world like something you'd tie into a mesh roe bag and cast out for salmon. I'm in for a salad, leftover bbq chicken and rice for supper and glad to have it.<br />

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 6th 2019 at 11:11 pm. Reason: I wanted to add something.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:17 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=caretaker;12666983][QUOTE=Oink;12666981]Lunch today. That's me done for about three day now.
<br />That looks good, and more substantial than what you're used to, you must be a happy camper. What is that red stuff in the top pic? It looks for all the world like something you'd tie into a mesh roe bag and cast out for salmon. I'm in for a salad, leftover bbq chicken and rice for supper and glad to have it.<br />
It was salmon roe. I get a lot of it when I catch other salmons, maybe I should start to eat it instead of feeding it to the seals or otters?
Old Apr 7th 2019, 7:59 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love salmon roe, can't believe you use it as bait!!!
Old Apr 7th 2019, 2:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I've never tried it (other than as bait). Only tried caviar once, when I was 18, and didn't really like it. Tried fried perch eggs (a favourite of the old Germans), and didn't think too much of that either. If presented the opportunity, I'd certainly give salmon roe a shot, as well as give the other things I've tried in the past a second chance. I used to fish with a man who ate the big roe sacks from burbot, fried and served on toast for breakfast every morning, and he was disgustingly healthy and incredibly strong into his late 80's.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 4:57 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I've never tried it (other than as bait). Only tried caviar once, when I was 18, and didn't really like it. Tried fried perch eggs (a favourite of the old Germans), and didn't think too much of that either. If presented the opportunity, I'd certainly give salmon roe a shot, as well as give the other things I've tried in the past a second chance. I used to fish with a man who ate the big roe sacks from burbot, fried and served on toast for breakfast every morning, and he was disgustingly healthy and incredibly strong into his late 80's.
Next time you get the chance, put a spoonful of salmon roe on top of a cracker with cream cheese. Absolutely delicious.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I remember decades ago having Herring Roe and, more recently but still a couple of decades, Cod Roe. Lovely on toast.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I remember decades ago having Herring Roe and, more recently but still a couple of decades, Cod Roe. Lovely on toast.
Our burbot is cousin to the cod (the Green Ling, specifically), tragically separated from the ocean when the continents split apart, adapted to fresh water, they still spawn at the same time as cod in the ocean. Old Ralph used to swear by the roe, and even at 45 years my senior I wouldn't have wanted to mess with him.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

When i was a lad Soft Cod Roe (Milt from the male fish) was a regular Saturday treat for us, mum used to fry it then spread it on hot buttered toast was very tasty but not overly fishy. Sprats and elvers were also regulars as a treat. Haven't seen sprats over here but can get elvers at the Chinese supermarket.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 7:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Oh, a little of this, a little of that, and quite a bit of the other thing..
China Liangs Buffet | Asian Buffet | Chinese Food | Thai Food | Regina, SK

Old Apr 22nd 2019, 8:12 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Warmed-up leftovers from Easter lunch at work today. While everybody else in the office kitchen was chowing down on assorted takeaways (except our co-op student, whose mum makes him a sandwich every morning...), I enjoyed herb-crusted roast leg of lamb with a leek and mushroom stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas, homemade gravy and a spoonful of redcurrant jelly.

The lamb was locally produced, via an independent butcher. I even managed to re-roll the boned leg and tie it adequately so it was still intact after cooking this year - previously, most of the stuffing has ended up on the bottom of the roasting pan. It was delicious on Sunday, and doubly so today due in no small part to the drooling envy of my colleagues
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 11:49 am

Probably a Solpadeine Max daiquiri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.