Living the dream

Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living the dream

Originally Posted by saskia07
my Canadian dream home's future may be severely limited by the lack of a good man to clear my snow for me/feed the animals I adopt/ chop the wood etc.
Sas x
Who needs a man to clear snow?? The only 'man' you need is John Deere with a blade on the front for winter and a mower deck for summer

Get a chain saw fer yer logs (or a hunky neighbour with a big chopper ) and yer set
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:07 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
Who needs a man to clear snow?? The only 'man' you need is John Deere with a blade on the front for winter and a mower deck for summer

Get a chain saw fer yer logs (or a hunky neighbour with a big chopper ) and yer set

She also wants a 'pool boy'... next she'll be wanting a gardener... and a plumber and an electrician and yes, a hunky neighbour with a big chopper. Pretty soon she'll be sending FedEx parcels to herself so the local delivery man with the nice package knocks on her door. I know her type. All too well....
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:34 am
Account Closed

saskia07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
She also wants a 'pool boy'... next she'll be wanting a gardener... and a plumber and an electrician and yes, a hunky neighbour with a big chopper. Pretty soon she'll be sending FedEx parcels to herself so the local delivery man with the nice package knocks on her door. I know her type. All too well....
Okay ladies you've got me sussed. But worth a try, hey?
(BTW the Fed Ex wheeze works a treat. The guy's still in the cupboard under the stairs.)

Sas x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Decides that if Saskia installs a micro brewery he will be willing to become a mormon and have two wives, one in the west and one in the east! Imagine the air miles I would build up (it would be worth it)
I am truly flattered. Well I would be, if I didn't get the impression that the big draw is the beer rather than my feminine wiles. Story of my life.

Sas x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:00 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't need a man or a John Deer.

Mrs_P does just fine thank you very much.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
She also wants a 'pool boy'... next she'll be wanting a gardener... and a plumber and an electrician and yes, a hunky neighbour with a big chopper.
How come she wants a guy with a helicopter?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:03 am

I am truly flattered. Well I would be, if I didn't get the impression that the big draw is the beer rather than my feminine wiles. Story of my life.
What was that ad many years ago in the UK "I'm only 'ere for the beer".
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Okay ladies you've got me sussed. But worth a try, hey?
(BTW the Fed Ex wheeze works a treat. The guy's still in the cupboard under the stairs.)

Sas x
I should be so lucky - my "parcel person" is a very macho looking 'lady'

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You don't need a man or a John Deer.

Mrs_P does just fine thank you very much.
Did you forget I have an acreage and a long driveway? It would take me a week by hand (poor Mrs P).
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:09 am

I should be so lucky - my "parcel person" is a very macho looking 'lady'

Did you forget I have an acreage and a long driveway? It would take me a week by hand (poor Mrs P).
Mrs_P won't let me anywhere near a snow shovel or the bloody lawn mower, I think she's worried about my pension cheque.

Justifiably so I'm afraid.

Last edited by Steve_P; Apr 10th 2008 at 4:11 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mrs_P won't let me anywhere near a snow shovel or the bloody lawn mower,
I'll believe you - thousands wouldn't
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:58 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs_P won't let me anywhere near a snow shovel or the bloody lawn mower, I think she's worried about my pension cheque.

Justifiably so I'm afraid.
Jules is the opposite, and I think she is concerned with my insurance policies
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:59 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Sas x
Sas, I am open to feminine wiles too. I would take my husbandly duties responsibily.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Jules is the opposite, and I think she is concerned with my insurance policies
Well Dave - I have to say I'm not surprised! The way you throw yourself at any woman who even mentions the possibilty of opening a brewery!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Sas, I am open to feminine wiles too. I would take my husbandly duties responsibily.

Thank you for your interest in this position.
Please forward your resume and references by PM detailing relevant experience and qualifications. First interviews will be held in Vancouver in the summer. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Full role profile available upon request.

My sudden, supreme, and frankly unexpected, eligibility means I have to resort to a strict recruitment process. I'm working on an outline of the benefits package but it will include beer allowance and full use of a John Deere snow blower on Sundays.

Sas