Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Kingsville, isnt hockeyville

Kingsville, isnt hockeyville

Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold
Default Kingsville, isnt hockeyville

Oh well, dont like hockey anyway,
those of you that hadnt heard, Kingsville was in the running for hockeyville.
We lost last night by only a few votes to quebec.
Maybe our little town will get back to normal now, and my youngest will give the phone back, after voting a million times.
Work will take down the craft dinner boxes and let some light in.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kingsville, isnt hockeyville

What's hockeyville?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:09 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
What's hockeyville?
It's a contest run by the CBC for communities to win upgrades to their hockey arena and to host an NHL pre-season game among other things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hockeyville/?lang=en
Warning web page slow to load.

I somehow don't think you'd be interested.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's a contest run by the CBC for communities to win upgrades to their hockey arena and to host an NHL pre-season game among other things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hockeyville/?lang=en
Warning web page slow to load.

I somehow don't think you'd be interested.
Oh, it's not something I would usually hear about, though I do try to keep up. On Saturday I was in a bar, there was ice hockey on the TVs. "Is it the play offs?" I asked, but neither the bar tender nor the customers knew.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:30 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, it's not something I would usually hear about, though I do try to keep up. On Saturday I was in a bar, there was ice hockey on the TVs. "Is it the play offs?" I asked, but neither the bar tender nor the customers knew.
No it wasn't, NHL playoffs start tonight.

There goes the TV schedule at CBC for the next two months, not that there was much on anyway.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

This bar was on Church, was it?

It's hockey, not ice hockey. Only variants of the sport, such as field hockey, street hockey, bar-table hockey and Mexican lesbian hockey, require qualifiers.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvenir
This bar was on Church, was it?
No, it was the Deck in Orangeville, a place I'd been warned was rough but which didn't seem so. I think people in rural or small town Ontario see ice hockey as a winter sport and aren't bothered to watch American teams playing when the weather's warm.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:33 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Oh well, dont like hockey anyway,
those of you that hadnt heard, Kingsville was in the running for hockeyville.
We lost last night by only a few votes to quebec.
Maybe our little town will get back to normal now, and my youngest will give the phone back, after voting a million times.
Work will take down the craft dinner boxes and let some light in.
You have my deepest sympathy I would have voted in support of you had I only known (not)