Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Kids' valentines at school?

Kids' valentines at school?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kids' valentines at school?

ask your childs teacher...
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Do they do that in Canada? I find the whole thing nauseating but on the other hand I don't want a 4yr getting stick for no cards on my account.

I know the US shop shelves are full of kids' valentine cards and sweets, but has this charming little marketing move by Hallmark made it across the border or not?
I asked a relative, who has an SK kid; apparently, its cards for the whole class and candies!

Got to go to Target then and quick so they dont sell out!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Do they do that in Canada? I find the whole thing nauseating but on the other hand I don't want a 4yr getting stick for no cards on my account.

I know the US shop shelves are full of kids' valentine cards and sweets, but has this charming little marketing move by Hallmark made it across the border or not?
Yep, they do that. Our teacher asked that they NOT be sent to specific kids as it takes too long to sort out whos is whos..just To my friend from <insert name> is sufficient.

At least no candies here. We still have halloween candy left over, so thats just as well!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

If ya think valentines is hard, its 100 days at school next monday and my son is busy finding small objects to count to 100 to bring in.
Why dont they just teach the little darlings here and leave all that fun stuff until their 21.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Yep, they do that. Our teacher asked that they NOT be sent to specific kids as it takes too long to sort out whos is whos..just To my friend from <insert name> is sufficient.
That's a good tip, saves getting a class list or missing someone out. And spelling of names - they all seem to be that one or two letters different from the conventional spelling

So I gave in. He's got a box of Shrek ones with a green sour (to symbolise his mother's resenting buying them)... I hope he says it's "yucky" in future years and gives it a miss
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
If ya think valentines is hard, its 100 days at school next monday and my son is busy finding small objects to count to 100 to bring in.
Why dont they just teach the little darlings here and leave all that fun stuff until their 21.
I guess a box of matches (avg contents 100) would be inappropriate and unwelcome But convenient!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

I guess a box of matches (avg contents 100) would be inappropriate and unwelcome But convenient!
good idea though.
they think were mad already so we wont go there.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good tip, saves getting a class list or missing someone out. And spelling of names - they all seem to be that one or two letters different from the conventional spelling

So I gave in. He's got a box of Shrek ones with a green sour (to symbolise his mother's resenting buying them)... I hope he says it's "yucky" in future years and gives it a miss
I gave in too, got some Cars ones with pencils for the boys and some Tinkerbell ones with pencils for the girls.

We're having 100 day too this Thursday, got to take in a stack of stickers as they are decorating cups amongst other activities involving 100 cheese puffs, twiglets things and what not
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:56 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a lovely, warm, down to earth newspaper columnist by the name of Erma Bombeck. She was the opposite of Martha Stewart. She used to write of her struggles to make a Halloween costume out of a black plastic garbage bag when other moms seemed to be able to come up with these marvellous creations. Erma must be turning in her grave. Since her day, things have only grown more elaborate.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Does he have a 100 pieces of lego or knex or some other building material? He can make a model out of 100 pieces (that's what my one did) - it was apparently a dinosaur - though it looked more like a table to the untrained eye
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ladymoose
Does he have a 100 pieces of lego or knex or some other building material? He can make a model out of 100 pieces (that's what my one did) - it was apparently a dinosaur - though it looked more like a table to the untrained eye
what a great idea, thanks
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update here. We now have a 2 page instruction manual on What We Must Do for Valentines! I am all the wiser for it
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gryphea
Just to update here. We now have a 2 page instruction manual on What We Must Do for Valentines! I am all the wiser for it
Lol must be the day for it. There was a two page hand out in my sons folder today, informing us of the do's and don'ts for valentines.
You learn something new everyday eh?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update- a whole new canadian post office has been built in my son's KG class especially for the occasion.

My daughter's preschool is having a valentine party on tuesday and she has to bring in a red , pink or heart shape snack (but no cupcakes or candy).

Valentine's seems harder work than Christmas!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I sat down with my five year old yesterday afternoon and got him to write all 19 of his valentines cards. The process was as slow as a week in jail (not that I would know).

The cards had little tiny spaces to write who they are to and who they are from on so I filled in that part and let him write the same thing using all the space on the back of the card.
Boy do the kids in his class have some funky names.

I'm just pleased that it's all done and that we are ready for Valentines. Well almost I have signed up to bring some ice cream and sprinkles on the day to school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.