No
66.67%
As recommended by the american college of cardiologists
20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

KFC Poutine?

Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:27 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KFC Poutine?

Originally Posted by dbd33
Ha. I likes Mary Brown's taters.
They're some good.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
To be fair to KFC they do at least use cheese curd. That has novelty around here, where people seem to think you can substitute mozza and do no harm:curse:
Yep, It must be the only thing. I had KFC over there for the first time last year (Nappa Valley of all places). Gravy and 'mash' with fried chicken, plus 'honey' with 'biscuits'. The mash was that awful freeze-dried stuff and the honey actually was only 10% real honey according to the label - just how much extra profit margin does that gain them in reality?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I don't know why they do anything else...coleslaw....
The coleslaw is of a colour not otherwise found in nature. The macaroni looks very bland....but boy oh boy the 1st few bites of KFC chicken is good but a few hours later you feel like crap.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:51 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Can somebody please post another bucket?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:49 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of the local take-aways here do a "donair poutine". Basically poutine with donair meat on the top. I had it a couple of times, sort of nice for the first couple of bites but then it's like mixing marmite, soy sauce and salt and pouring it into your throat.

It's a coronary in a styrofoam box, that stuff.

Oh well, a fix once in a while wont (necessarily) kill me (straight away)
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:33 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

I quite liked the stuff, occasionally, until I had it at Costco and that was awful!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:43 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

New York Fries, that's the place for poutine.

Or homemade with bisto gravy ..yeahhhhhh
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:44 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
I quite liked the stuff, occasionally, until I had it at Costco and that was awful!
Can't comment on the Poutine, but I thought the food at Costco was excellent and very reasonably priced too!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I've seen people at the giant airplane hangar retail outlet eating poutine and they all look like they should lay off it. I must say though their ice cream is fairly addictive.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, nothing worth eating to go with it then...

The "Big crunch and Poutine", probably the most expensive and least healthy drive through order on the planet? Diet Coke with that I guess...

I found the poutine at St. Hubert's to be the same good quality as the one I had on Spark Street in Ottawa. In fact I bring their poutine sauce home for use here in the US.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:48 am
Account Closed

How about chips, curry sauce and pakora? As sold in Glasgow.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:03 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Can't comment on the Poutine, but I thought the food at Costco was excellent and very reasonably priced too!
I think it is very good for the price. I love the hot dogs and the smoked beef sandwich but when I had the poutine they just threw a great handful of cheese over it and of course it didnt melt The fries and gravy were good though
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

I think it is very good for the price. I love the hot dogs and the smoked beef sandwich but when I had the poutine they just threw a great handful of cheese over it and of course it didnt melt The fries and gravy were good though
The fries are coated in something containing gluten. Which is a bummer.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:11 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Do you ever eat at KFC? If yes then it's worth trying Marys. If you'd never be seen dead in a KFC except drunk then don't go out of your way to find a Marys. Fine dining it is not.
I missed this (through lack of interest). I assure you I've never been in KFC sober, drunk, comatose or otherwise.

Nor do I eat poutine.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I missed this (through lack of interest). I assure you I've never been in KFC sober, drunk, comatose or otherwise.

Nor do I eat poutine.
I feel honoured to know you.

Did you miss out on the misspent youth part of life? were you locked away in a closet with a bunsen burner and retort stands??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.