Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

just when you think things might be tolerable

just when you think things might be tolerable

Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:09 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just when you think things might be tolerable

Oh no - as one goes up another comes down!
hugs xxx
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

You have my sympathy. My OH also got laid off on the same day. It took him 7 months to get that job too. Hope things look up for you soon x
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:35 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for something coming up soon.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:35 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you had this bad news & early in the new year.
something else comes along soon.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:02 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger! Supportive vibes sent your way - I hope this is just a short "new year break" for you both and a new job comes your way very soon.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Flederman was laid off today.

... decent jobs to come here. Mistake, big mistake.
sorry to hear the bad news .. I myself have been through the same situation a couple of times since 1963
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear your news Fledermaus, hope Mr F finds something else quickly.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again to you all.

We've had a funny old weekend discussing this and that. When I am low I often think I would like to go back but it's more back in time than back to the UK. At least here we can be poor in a nice house with a pretty view- once that damn bus gets moved.

Time to suck it up and make the best of this dollop of shit. Sometimes working through the bad stuff gets you to a better place.

Enough of the trite sayings, I am sincere when I write them but I just can't find the right words.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:21 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again to you all.

We've had a funny old weekend discussing this and that. When I am low I often think I would like to go back but it's more back in time than back to the UK. At least here we can be poor in a nice house with a pretty view- once that damn bus gets moved.

Time to suck it up and make the best ofthis dollop of shit. Sometimes working through the bad stuff gets you to a better place.

Enough of the trite sayings, I am sincere when I write them but I just can't find the right words.
Christ, I thought you were gonna say "life's what you make it" there for a moment - that was a close shave.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bsmith
Christ, I thought you were gonna say "life's what you make it" there for a moment - that was a close shave.
I know, I know. A terrible moment but I fought it and won. In the trenches with my back to the wall, side by side, loins girded, determined jaw set, steely eyed and looking to the future, by God I fought it.

PS, it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster of course

Last edited by fledermaus; Jan 10th 2010 at 7:25 pm. Reason: PS
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:39 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Fman finds something soon
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I know. A terrible moment but I fought it and won. In the trenches with my back to the wall, side by side, loins girded, determined jaw set, steely eyed and looking to the future, by God I fought it.

PS, it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster of course
Good for you! True Grit!!!

Hope something turns up soon!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:13 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep your chin up and your head above water. And remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.