Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Jian Gomeshi axed from CBC - suing for $50k

Jian Gomeshi axed from CBC - suing for $50k

Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:44 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jian Gomeshi axed from CBC - suing for $50k

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
At the beginning of this thread, I was inclined to defend Ghomeshi against rumour and unfounded allegation.
I would say thay you felt he was the victim rather than his multiple victims based on his side of the story alone.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:12 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm now his PR company and the Crisis Communications company have dropped him .... Timber ....
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:17 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hmm now his PR company and the Crisis Communications company have dropped him .... Timber ....
Maybe he can sue his lawyer for the bad legal advice.....
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:25 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Maybe he can sue his lawyer for the bad legal advice.....
I know this will be a bit unpopular in many quarters, but nevertheless. I have no idea whether the things we're talking about were consensual or not.

The reportage, on the CBC of all places, from the Trailer Park actress this morning, is a bit diluted by the detail that she continued dating Ghomeshi after the alleged offence.

I dunno and neither do any of you.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:32 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I know this will be a bit unpopular in many quarters, but nevertheless. I have no idea whether the things we're talking about were consensual or not.

The reportage, on the CBC of all places, from the Trailer Park actress this morning, is a bit diluted by the detail that she continued dating Ghomeshi after the alleged offence.

I dunno and neither do any of you.
No smoke with out fire:

Jian Ghomeshi co-worker gives her story | National Post

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...f_assault.html

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/10/30/...-jian-ghomeshi

Last edited by JamesM; Oct 31st 2014 at 2:38 am.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not dismissing the idea that Ghomeshi is/was some sort of deviant, but I don't feel totally comfortable, not comfortable at all actually, with trial by media.

Especially with CBC weighing in on the campaign. They are after all facing a law suit and a grievance under their collective agreement by their ex-employee.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:03 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
i'm not dismissing the idea that Ghomeshi is/was some sort of deviant, but I don't feel totally comfortable, not comfortable at all actually, with trial by media.

Especially with CBC weighing in on the campaign. They are after all facing a law suit and a grievance under their collective agreement by their ex-employee.
I find it all very interesting...the law on BDSM and the role of social media in all of this...

BUT, he instigated the media campaign by going in the offensive with his Facebook post stating you are going to hear some things you won't like, they're lying or "summit like that"... Is this a case of live by the sword...?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
BUT, he instigated the media campaign by going in the offensive with his Facebook post
True. Nonetheless it's a bit unfair of the Toronto Star to have dug up that picture of him in a suit with a pocket handkerchief. I expect he was trying for Sinatra (incidentally also a beater) but he looks like Steptoe the Elder, the quintessential filthy old man.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 1:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Huffington has something about it, I didn't look but could be another bad date accuser.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:42 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by caretaker
Huffington has something about it, I didn't look but could be another bad date accuser.
I think this is the best article as it hits on all points raised on this thread.

Sean Stokholm: Jian Ghomeshi vs. the mob | National Post
Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:53 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by JamesM
I think this is the best article as it hits on all points raised on this thread.

Sean Stokholm: Jian Ghomeshi vs. the mob | National Post
Agreed James. Quite balanced.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 7:14 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I never heard of this guy until I saw him on the news today. From the looks of it, he does have an air of russel brand twatishness about him.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 9:51 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I never heard of this guy until I saw him on the news today. From the looks of it, he does have an air of russel brand twatishness about him.
I've only heard about (think I read an article on him in Toronto Life last year) but have never seen him on TV or anywhere. Russel Brand, not so lucky, see him on TV all the time, spouting his nonsense views. From that generation of presenters I like George Strombo. and Graham Norton.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
From that generation of presenters I like George Strombo. and Graham Norton.
Oh. I've just realised that Ghomeshi isn't the fellow who used to be on a billboard by the Gardiner Expressway, that's Stromboulopoulos. These Canadians, all look same.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I've only heard about (think I read an article on him in Toronto Life last year) but have never seen him on TV or anywhere. Russel Brand, not so lucky, see him on TV all the time, spouting his nonsense views. From that generation of presenters I like George Strombo. and Graham Norton.
To the spouters of nonsense, you can add Rick Mercer. Is he for real?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.