Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Jian Ghomeshi's comment

Jian Ghomeshi's comment

Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jian Ghomeshi's comment

I didn't see it but sounds like the old triple switch. The Ivans have a, well we all know what the deal is there, and Gomeshi says, oh that's a bit gay, so he's poking fun because they look like Red Army Chorus, because they have a 'faux lesbian' act that's popular in Russia and I don't understand that, and I think he's making fun of them because Canada has so many openly gay television personalities and the Russians are such rednecks (no pun). Or he just got a bit nervous and blabbed it out, (brain fart).
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:01 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
No, what made me say that, was because I was comparing it to the occasion when Radio 1s Chris Moyles made exactly the same comment about something on air. Ghomeshi and Moyles are polar opposites, Ghomeshi is a well read and educated individual, whereas Moyles is just an uneducated loud mouth oaf who likes to use the shock value for cheap laughs. That's really what I was getting at....more of a comparison between two very different people using the same comment.

Well...they appeal to different crowds innit? They are both good at what they do, and yes Ghomeshi might have moved here when he was 7yrs old and gone to York university...but lets not take anything away from Moyles.

I personally can't stand the geezer, and will rather listen to Zoe Ball instead back then, but talk radio was always my thing. Ferrari and Clive Bull
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
self awareness innit? No delusional traits here
Oh no, certainly not.