British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   The Invasion of the Dull Housewives (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/invasion-dull-housewives-545004/)

Flogger Jun 24th 2008 5:56 pm

Re: The Invasion of the Dull Housewives

NOvo,relax
Sit down and open a bottle of Newky brown.
The Forum is enriched by the opinions of our housewife friends not cheapened.
They may have different priorities to us, but haven't we all .Could you imagine me loosing sleep about unemployment in the north?or other such frivolities.

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 6500951)
NOvo,relax
Sit down and open a bottle of Newky brown.
The Forum is enriched by the opinions of our housewife friends not cheapened.
They may have different priorities to us, but haven't we all .Could you imagine me loosing sleep about unemployment in the north?or other such frivolities.

Giz a Job

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by gingnut (Post 6500818)
I have a feeling am one of the dull housewives, which is inaccurate because I have a day job. However I am clever enough to see that the opening post was an insult disguised as a discussion opener. If the intelligentsia that used to rule the forum freely believe that we housewivey types have brought the tone of the discussion down then my suggestion is to raise the bar with some intellectual discussions that would go way over us simpletons head's. Here are some suggestions I thought of that might help.
1. What role did economics play in the downfall of the Roman Empire
2. Translate this entire thread in to latin
3 Can civil disobedience have any effect on tyrannical regimes.
I have no idea about any of that stuff, so all there you go all you smarty pants have fun, I'm gonna check the gossip sites to see if Angelina has popped yet, heard its gonna be twins! And to all you who have gone out of their way to impress the OP, don't bother, not worth your time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Flogger Jun 24th 2008 6:28 pm

No surely too much lead in their pipes:thumbup:

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 6501021)
No surely too much lead in their pipes:thumbup:

Arent lead pipes banned new????

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 6:32 pm

OK - an interesting Topic for discussion.....from a not dull housewife...but my day job is...confidante, accountant, catering manager, project manager, teacher, diplomat, groom, nurse, tailor, negotiator, conflict manager, crisis management executive, matchmaker, chauffeur and mother....so interesting question of this thread....

If Noah bought only 2 of every animal onto the Ark, wouldn't subsequent generations of animals been increasingly inbred....

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501031)

If Noah bought only 2 of every animal onto the Ark, wouldn't subsequent generations of animals been increasingly inbred....

which of course is how we ended up with the British Monarchy the way it is.:cool:

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6501036)
which of course is how we ended up with the British Monarchy the way it is.:cool:

So not a Royalist then?

Morning Butch

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501057)
So not a Royalist then?

Morning Butch

No more of a Cavalier actually (at least thats what my teachers always said my attitude was)

Oh and its still Tuesday in my world (ok its turned wednesday but I aint hit the hay)

FlirtyKnickers Jun 24th 2008 6:48 pm

Morning........:thumbsup:

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6501068)
No more of a Cavalier actually (at least thats what my teachers always said my attitude was)

Oh and its still Tuesday in my world (ok its turned wednesday but I aint hit the hay)

You a night worker.....been there....gets a bit crazy....which day or night you're supposed to be on.....

Are you a breakfast before bed or when you get up person? Frankly, it never used to bother me....I could eat which ever way round, just depended what was on offer and what I fancied.....If I didn't - used to go wander round the kitchens and cupboards till I found something - usually Borsain and crackers....

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501110)
You a night worker.....been there....gets a bit crazy....which day or night you're supposed to be on.....

Are you a breakfast before bed or when you get up person? Frankly, it never used to bother me....I could eat which ever way round, just depended what was on offer and what I fancied.....If I didn't - used to go wander round the kitchens and cupboards till I found something - usually Borsain and crackers....

could make some bacon and eggs, thats breakfast or night time food

Tanah Jun 24th 2008 7:59 pm

soooooooooooooooo just to add my 2 cents worth - who's HWP then??

BTW - Im not a houswife, Im a nursing manager working fulltime in substance misuse - oh and I have a degree. I'm also a mum, with a child that has her own pony and competes at weekends, attends pony club twice a week a son that skates and competes throughout the UK and is currently in training for the British Championships, has to be at training every morning at 6am for an hour and half before school and after school 2 nights a week also ( alt to my daughters pony club) He also trains at weekend.

My life is FAR from boring or dull, infact it gets rather stressful at times - I love coming on here for some general chit chat and a laugh in an evening, nothing heavy, dont have to worry about my spelling, great support for my move to Canada without the added stress I can actually have a laugh about it with friends ( laughing is a great way to ease stress so thats what i do) - somewhere i can vent, have a laugh and drink my glass of wine without feeling like i have to 'perform' or be on my 'best behaviour'

The Susan thread is great for that purpose - I hope it doesnt go away- I get very little time to chat on there but i like catching up with what the others have done / said.

Novo - Im sorry your friend has decided she is too intelligent for all us 'dull housewives' on here. Personally i find that rather arrogant. She obviously has a different way to 'relieve stress' in her life - whatever that may be, but it seems very spoiled and childlike to 'throw her dolly from the pram' just because of one thread she could easily ignore. Bit of a spoiled brat maybe?? or am I being as presumptuous as she is by making that comment?

Arrona Jun 24th 2008 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tanah (Post 6501219)

BTW - Im not a houswife, Im a nursing manager working fulltime in substance misuse - oh and I have a degree. I'm also a mum, with a child that has her own pony and competes at weekends, attends pony club twice a week a son that skates and competes throughout the UK and is currently in training for the British Championships, has to be at training every morning at 6am for an hour and half before school and after school 2 nights a week also ( alt to my daughters pony club) He also trains at weekend.

My life is FAR from boring or dull, infact it gets rather stressful at times - I love coming on here for some general chit chat and a laugh in an evening, nothing heavy, dont have to worry about my spelling, great support for my move to Canada without the added stress I can actually have a laugh about it with friends ( laughing is a great way to ease stress so thats what i do) - somewhere i can vent, have a laugh and drink my glass of wine without feeling like i have to 'perform' or be on my 'best behaviour'

The Susan thread is great for that purpose - I hope it doesnt go away- I get very little time to chat on there but i like catching up with what the others have done / said.

Novo - Im sorry your friend has decided she is too intelligent for all us 'dull housewives' on here. Personally i find that rather arrogant. She obviously has a different way to 'relieve stress' in her life - whatever that may be, but it seems very spoiled and childlike to 'throw her dolly from the pram' just because of one thread she could easily ignore. Bit of a spoiled brat maybe?? or am I being as presumptuous as she is by making that comment?

well said:rofl:

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 8:17 pm

OK - In line with the Noah question earlier....and ending up with Royalists....etc. Lets try another one...

Does Darwinian natural selection suggest that bigotry is a necessary self-defense mechanism?

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 8:50 pm

Well said Tanah :thumbsup:

Why does 1 thread annoy the others so much i just don't understand, its not compulsary reading, sometimes its posting just to chat to like minded people with the strains of everyday living,

The problem is like Steve666 said the forum has become boring, but thats not down to that one thread, its because there are lots of relatively new people that haven't found there feet yet,

Lots of the regulars just don't spend as much time on here now and why should they they have achieved what they set out to do They are in Canada :thumbsup:

My life is far from boring and maybe i am dull ? does it matter we aren't hurting anyone with our thread and its giving a lot of support to people that need it, everyone is welcome as we keep saying, its only called a man caloled susan because i posted about the emails i receive daily about mail enhancement not a pop at the guys and it grew from there.

some come on everyone live and let live eh :thumbsup:

Arrona Jun 24th 2008 8:53 pm

as i say to my children. if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.:thumbsup:

gingnut Jun 24th 2008 8:55 pm

\

The friend was tactful enough keep her opinions private.

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Arrona (Post 6501357)
as i say to my children. if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.:thumbsup:

Is that all you say, im not coming to stay with you then that would be boring :rofl:

Arrona Jun 24th 2008 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 6501443)
Is that all you say, im not coming to stay with you then that would be boring :rofl:

sorry i am dull and boring. it really is true then

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Arrona (Post 6501521)

Sorry hun, didn't want to be the one you know :rofl:

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 9:53 pm

Dull and boring I know - but I love you http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/14.gif

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501545)
Dull and boring I know - but I love you http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/14.gif

Owwww i like the flower can i have one please as my OH hasn't brought me any for a while, have you hun xx

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 6501562)
Owwww i like the flower can i have one please as my OH hasn't brought me any for a while, have you hun xx

There you go huny http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/3.gif

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501602)

Thanks hun awwwww

Take note OH :wub:

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 6501609)
Thanks hun awwwww

Take note OH :wub:

Thats alright my sweet - a bit of love and civility never hurt anyone now did it....http://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/5.gif

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501110)

No I'm a night stalker, Live in Calgary, it was 12:25am here.

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501259)
OK - In line with the Noah question earlier....and ending up with Royalists....etc. Lets try another one...

Does Darwinian natural selection suggest that bigotry is a necessary self-defense mechanism?

OI, My otry is not THAT big :mad:

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Arrona (Post 6501357)

OR

If you cant say anything nice at least say it with a smile (and run like F**K)

OR

If you cant say anything nice **** the B******

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 10:52 pm

Better than being Full and Whoring I guess.

Harrypottermouse Jun 24th 2008 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6501726)
OI, My otry is not THAT big :mad:

Okay then what about....
Is the Platypus evidence that someone has a sense of humour?

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6501764)
Okay then what about....
Is the Platypus evidence that someone has a sense of humour?

This is what makes us boring, waiting for the blasted deliveries for our OHs

Butch Cassidy Jun 24th 2008 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 6501814)
This is what makes us boring, waiting for the blasted deliveries for our OHs

Your OH is having a Platypus delivered???????:confused:

steve666 Jun 24th 2008 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by dingbat (Post 6500729)
I could have sworn steve666 was HWP. Shome mishtake surely?

You have no idea how close you were with that statement Dingbat...

Coffeepot Jun 24th 2008 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6501917)
Your OH is having a Platypus delivered???????:confused:

I hope not :blink:

Originally Posted by steve666 (Post 6501922)
You have no idea how close you were with that statement Dingbat...

had me fooled as well ;)

pint princess Jun 24th 2008 11:50 pm

My observation. The Dull Housewives were never named yet they know exactly who they are. Classic.

Jingsamichty Jun 25th 2008 1:40 am

Originally Posted by pint princess (Post 6501931)
My observation. The Dull Housewives were never named yet they know exactly who they are. Classic.

Best post in here for days. :lol:

Harrypottermouse Jun 25th 2008 2:33 am

Originally Posted by pint princess (Post 6501931)

Or don't we do proper debate on this thread then?

Jingsamichty Jun 25th 2008 2:36 am

Asking a question isn't debate.

You should tell us your opinion on your question.

welshchem Jun 25th 2008 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse (Post 6502516)

Or don't we do proper debate on this thread then?

I think you need to expand the question and explain what kind of answer you want.

'A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding ideology.' (Courtesy of Wikipaedia)

Are you talking about humans?