Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Inconsiderate Scum Bag - What Do i Do

Inconsiderate Scum Bag - What Do i Do

Old May 1st 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inconsiderate Scum Bag - What Do i Do

Looking out of the window this morning we see the arogant scumback who has the biggest and most expensive house in our development letting his dog off the leash to pee and crap on our front lawn. We go out to make our feelings known and he just abuses us, so what do we do:

- The pee will almost certainly damage the lawn. Is this criminal damage since the act was deliberate? Our dogs also got so upset when they saw the dog crapping on our lawn that they damaged our front door frame. Is the dog owner responsible?

- Should we contact the animal bylaw officer? The dog should certainly have been on a leash in accordance with our develeopment bylaws, but has he commited any offense.

- This is the last straw. The dog is actually a really nice dog and deserves a better home. It has been left out all day and night in a tiny dog run on many occasions when the temperature hit -30C this year. On another instance the wife of the scumbag retrieved the dog from our lawn when it escaped the leash and then beat the crap out of the poor thing. Up until now we have just kept quiet so as not to have a war with the neighbours, but is there some kind of animal welfare organisaion who this should be reported to.

- Should I put the offending item in a plastic bag and make a formal presentation to the scumbag, in front of as many of the other residents in our development as possible?

Apart from the appalling behaviour by the scumbag, this really pees us off. We have two dogs and would never dream of letting them use a neighbours lawn as a toilet.

Last edited by Posidrive; May 1st 2009 at 4:14 pm.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:03 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inconsiderate Scum Bag - What Do i Do

Wander over to their lawn, drop your pants and drop a large load!

Or

Slightly less controversially report them to as many authorities as possible.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:11 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds horrible and very inconsiderate.

If i were in your position i'd let this one go for now BUT keep a camera handy to record it next time for evidence and them report them to as many authorities as possible.

If that doesn't work i would happily punch him in the face every single time it happens. That will certainly make him think twice.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:11 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Looking out of the window this morning we see the arogant scumback who has the biggest and most expensive house in our development letting his dog off the leash to pee and crap on our front lawn. We go out to make our feelings known and he just abuses us, so what do we do:

- The pee will almost certainly damage the lawn. Is this criminal damage since the act was deliberate? Our dogs also got so upset when they saw the dog crapping on our lawn that they damaged our front door frame. Is the dog owner responsible?

- Should we contact the animal bylaw officer? The dog should certainly have been on a leash in accordance with our develeopment bylaws, but has he commited any offense.

- This is the last straw. The dog is actually a really nice do and deserves a better home. It has been left out all day and night in a tiny dog run on many occasions when the temperature hit -30C this year. On another instance the wife of teh scumbag retrieved the dog from our lawn when it escaped the leash and the beat the crap out of the poor thing. Up until now we have just kept quiet so as not to have a war with the neighbours, but is there some kind of animal welfare organisaion who this should be reported to.

- Should I put the offending item in a plastic bag and make a formal presentation to the scumbag, in front of as many of the other residents in our development as possible?

Apart from the appalling behaviour by the scumbag, this really pees us off. We have two dogs and would never dream of letting them use a neighbours lawn as a toilet.
Round here, the dog walkers allow the dog to pee on lawns ( no sidewalks on the development. It bugs me, but ok let it go. The poop though is scooped up. however, this does bug me a lot as it leaves smears on your lawn.

Our own dog craps in a defined area in our back yard, especially before going for a walk - on a lead.

Very rarely will I allow him to dump away from the house, and certainly not on purpose.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:19 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

No offence but i'd just chill out and stay out of it.

If you seriously suspect them of animal cruelty then by all means report them to the SPCA.

If you humiliate them in front of the whole neighbourhood it will be all out war and could make your lives not very nice.

I suspect they will do it again just to wind you up though
Old May 1st 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

I had a similar problem last summer, and the more I confronted the Guy, the more he would ensure his dog crapped on our lawn alone. I took photo's, even video footage, but the wonderfully inept bylaw enforcement officers from the council did nothing.

Eventually every time he did it, picked up the offending turds and followed the guy home, I then deposited it on his door step with a little note explaining that I had seen him drop this, so I was returning it. He eventually realised that I was not going to stop, and after a bit of abuse, he stopped. He still gives me the finger to this day, but at least I don't have dog crap on my lawn.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
If you humiliate them in front of the whole neighbourhood it will be all out war and could make your lives not very nice.
But we are selling up and moving back to the UK anyway
Old May 1st 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

I feel your pain,

I have a neighbour who's dog was doing exactly the same & after a year of just picking up her dog muck from my lawn, I had to knock.

Now, after knocking twice the dog doesnt appear to do it on our lawn or its picked up.

I dont understand why some adults are so inconsiderate especially when their are young children around.

Sorry, but i would report it otherwise it would wind me up

Michelle
Old May 1st 2009, 4:28 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Why???????
Old May 1st 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Why???????
Long story, but in a nutshell health issues of a family member. Would have been gone 6 months ago but timing could not have been worse for selling a house.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:31 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Long story, but in a nutshell health issues of a family member. Would have been gone 6 months ago but timing could not have been worse for selling a house.
OK makes sense.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:32 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a pot of chilli powder and sprinkle it all over the bit of your lawn that is adjacent to the sidewalk.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you are leaving then why stir up trouble? I would be as mad as you but if you are leaving then it's not worth the hassle. Your neighbour might try to sabotage your house sale
Old May 1st 2009, 4:49 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

I posted this a few days ago in a thread about a boy who was dog-bitten. I say take the atter into your own hands; it will send a message to the owner about his ignorant and negligent behaviours. Under no circumstances should you threatenthe own of course; there is an absolute difference between people and animals - so don't even suggest I'm some psychotic maniac. Animals are disposible under all circumstances - human life is sacrosanct under all conditions.
I have hunted every animal possible (in Europe) without remorse;So why treat dogs any different? If any dog attackedme,damaged my property, it would breath its last breath within seconds. Get over the "animal rights" angle. What would you say if the dog tears off someone's face, or, runs into traffic causing a terrible injury to the driver? For god's sake,we kill ants, mice, cows, horses, sheep, pigs, etc. with impunity. ? If you had a rat on your property you wouldn't think twice about trapping it?

Original post reply:
I lived in Gauteng region of South Africa for eight months a few years back, and a similar thing happened to my fellow lodger's 7 y/o daughter. The SA dog laws were totally blase and couldn't-be-arsed; this sounds like sounds like your AB situation. Of course the police force were more concerned with the blasted paperwork, and the owners of the dog were totally ignorant and didn't apologise to Geoff or his spawn either. We all suggested a civil lawsuit to him, but found out that it would be costly and long-winded. What Geoff finally did was he had a friendy pub chat with some locals, who put him on to a local worzel to bait the dog - I think the culchie used engine coolant or baker's chocolate (!). Needless to say there soon was one ex-dog, one unhappy owner, and the police didn't look further than the other side of the station desk. Geoff had some level of gratification as in the boonies animal life is dirt cheap.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
I posted this a few days ago in a thread about a boy who was dog-bitten. I say take the atter into your own hands; it will send a message to the owner about his ignorant and negligent behaviours. Under no circumstances should you threatenthe own of course; there is an absolute difference between people and animals - so don't even suggest I'm some psychotic maniac. Animals are disposible under all circumstances - human life is sacrosanct under all conditions.
I have hunted every animal possible (in Europe) without remorse;So why treat dogs any different? If any dog attackedme,damaged my property, it would breath its last breath within seconds. Get over the "animal rights" angle. What would you say if the dog tears off someone's face, or, runs into traffic causing a terrible injury to the driver? For god's sake,we kill ants, mice, cows, horses, sheep, pigs, etc. with impunity. ? If you had a rat on your property you wouldn't think twice about trapping it?

Original post reply:
I lived in Gauteng region of South Africa for eight months a few years back, and a similar thing happened to my fellow lodger's 7 y/o daughter. The SA dog laws were totally blase and couldn't-be-arsed; this sounds like sounds like your AB situation. Of course the police force were more concerned with the blasted paperwork, and the owners of the dog were totally ignorant and didn't apologise to Geoff or his spawn either. We all suggested a civil lawsuit to him, but found out that it would be costly and long-winded. What Geoff finally did was he had a friendy pub chat with some locals, who put him on to a local worzel to bait the dog - I think the culchie used engine coolant or baker's chocolate (!). Needless to say there soon was one ex-dog, one unhappy owner, and the police didn't look further than the other side of the station desk. Geoff had some level of gratification as in the boonies animal life is dirt cheap.
Very balanced approach that. Perhaps cutting off the canine's head and putting in his owner's bed would be a reasonable alternative?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.