Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If your bagel ain't burnt

If your bagel ain't burnt

Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If your bagel ain't burnt

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Alert perhaps but monopolizing the bathrooms no doubt.
They have bathing facilities at your Tim Hortons? Thats impressive.

Last edited by jimf; Mar 24th 2011 at 6:19 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Tim Hortons clientèle fits into two groups: Canadian pikeys who don't know any better and immigrants wanting to be "ethnic"
you missed #3... wanna be immigrants with strong addictions to their yummy hot chocolate... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

someone mail be a tub please?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:23 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
you missed #3... wanna be immigrants with strong addictions to their yummy hot chocolate... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

someone mail be a tub please?
I did like their hot chocolate until I went in to get one once and it was the last in the container. Think she literally scraped the bottom of the barrel in this cup, it tasted rank and not had one from there since.
Like their donuts though, but on a diet so can't have one.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

brizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to behold

Timmies is what it is. If you expect a cheap fill of caffeine, sugar and carbohydrates then you'll be OK. If you expect haute cuisine, then you'll be sadly disappointed.

I do very occasionally frequent such establishments for a doughnut, bagel or chilli. However, their recent change in bread has tipped me over the edge. Their 'bread' now has the taste and consistency of a small mattress and it even looks like one. Seriously what is it? Bread it isn't.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:44 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Krispy Kreme is the new where-it's-at place.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:01 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
Krispy Kreme is the new where-it's-at place.
Tried and failed miserably in Calgary.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:03 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Tried and failed miserably in Calgary.
That's because they don't come in beef flavour.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:11 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
That's because they don't come in beef flavour.
Nah...they couldn't compete with Timmies.

I tried one of their doughnuts only once, even sweeter and more sickly than Timmies and that's saying something.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:40 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Well tbh when I am rushing from 1 club to another to teach and I havent been organised to bring munchies with me the coffee and the toasted multigrain bagel with cream cheese is good enough for me

Unfortunately one of the Timmies has just added this . . . . . http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/

yum but not good for your bum!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:59 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Well tbh when I am rushing from 1 club to another to teach and I havent been organised to bring munchies with me the coffee and the toasted multigrain bagel with cream cheese is good enough for me

Unfortunately one of the Timmies has just added this . . . . . http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/

I very much doubt that that's where you're supposed to put it.

But it looks like that's where it came from.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:52 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon

There are quite a few Timmies plus Cold Stones in the Maritimes, and some also have Wendys......
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cxx
There are quite a few Timmies plus Cold Stones in the Maritimes, and some also have Wendys......
yup we have a few Wendy's / timmies combo's, only seen one with the ice creamery attached.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The whole country isn't just tawdry strip malls and drive throughs.

Well, not just yet anyway.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Essay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Well, not just yet anyway.
True. Out west, we still need room for oil pumps, providing the fuel for vehicles to travel from the drive throughs to the tawdry strip malls, and hockey rinks which are popular during "off hours".