Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you go down to the beach today ....

If you go down to the beach today ....

Old May 1st 2009, 6:31 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Smile If you go down to the beach today ....

You might be lucky enough to see this ~ he/she had an audience but didn't seem to mind at all
Attached Thumbnails If you go down to the beach today ....-otter-lantzville.jpg   If you go down to the beach today ....-baby-eagle-lantzville.jpg   If you go down to the beach today ....-tide-pools.jpg  
Old May 1st 2009, 7:18 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you go down to the beach today ....

Great Pics, must be amazing to be able to see
Old May 1st 2009, 12:28 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
You might be lucky enough to see this ~ he/she had an audience but didn't seem to mind at all
Excellent pics! Thanks!

Reminds me of the other day when I didn't have my camera with me. Saw a huge Bald Eagle just sitting on the fence post on the side of the road near home - only about ten feet away from me. He just nonchalantly watched me go by.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:53 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Great pics - would love to go to Nanaimo one day...

We went to New Westminster and saw a seal playing with a salmon and an eagle trying to get it. This 'game' went on for a while and drew quite a crowd.
Old May 1st 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

My mad mutt Murray was PLAYING in the sea with an otter earlier this week ...honestly, the thing was playing hide and seek ..he'd stick his wee head up, look straight at him then when Murray swam close he'd dip under the water, swim somewhere else and they'd start again.

It was amazing to watch except I was peeing my pants that Murray would go out too far and get tired or that the otter would attack him if he got too close...apparently they can be quite fierce. He was smaller than others I've seen so maybe just a youngster. He was definitely enjoying the chase!!!

Of course Murray was selectively deaf when I was roaring at him to come to shore. Even me running about on the beach like a madwoman chucking his ball and trying to get his attention was never going to beat playing hide and seek with an otter. I honestly thought I was going to have to flag down a passing boat to go and grab him if he went out too far.

He eventually had enough after a very long 15 minutes and swam back, all proud of himself.

Oh, that dog will have my nerves shredded.

(And did I have my camera? Did I heck! )
Old May 1st 2009, 8:30 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

What fab pics and a funny story too MP
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:41 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaham gal
We went to New Westminster and saw a seal playing with a salmon and an eagle trying to get it. This 'game' went on for a while and drew quite a crowd.

In 2007 I was working in an elementary school & we took the grade 3's on a field trip to Newcastle Island.
We pointed out to the kids a fish that seemed to be jumping out of the water, turns out there's a sea otter playing with it & it the otter runs ashore ~ all is well so far, the kids are ooohing & ahhhing watching this, then a bald eagle swoops down & grabs the otter, which has the fish in it's mouth, tries to fly away but drops the otter, who in turn drops the fish!!
The kids are now crying & having mild hysterics & I'm sure there are a dozen or so 10yr olds here who are now petrified of birds

Last edited by bananahammock; May 2nd 2009 at 10:43 pm.