Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

As if house selling isn't stressful enough....

As if house selling isn't stressful enough....

Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default As if house selling isn't stressful enough....

Someone set fire to my for sale sign!!!!!!!!

Just sitting in my house, minding my own business when there was a knock at the door. A man is standing there saying "is that for sale sign yours? - cos it's ON FIRE"

3 buckets of water late I called the police to report it, they gave me a crime number but didn't really seem that interested otherwise.

Still fuming I jump in the care to go for a drive, if the police won't look for the little b*******s then I will. If I'd have seen anyone with so much as a match I would have been charged with GBH.

Anyway, just down the road I spot a fire engine so I went to chat to the firemen. Turns out my for sale board isn't the only thing that has been set fire to tonight. Somebody must have a birthday and is using local property as candles. Nothing major mind, but unpleasent nontheless.

All I need now is for this to get into the local press, then I will never sell the damned house. I wouldn't mind, but we live in a desirable area, non estate position, large gardens, popular village. Now it feels like some ghetto.

Anyway, who's got the vodka???
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of
Default Re: As if house selling isn't stressful enough....

Thats awful DestinationNS

Another reason why we are leaving the UK! We are having trouble on a street not far away from our house and it's being 'advertised' by the local paper and doing us no favours...so I fully sympathise

I don't have Vodka will White Wine do

The Halifax of course didn't help the selling plight to day with it's house price drop announcement BUT our houses will sell DestinationNS..they will, they will, they will
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I believe, I believe.

Oh, and wine will do just fine thanks
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mate I really feel for you - douse the sign in petrol so if they try the hilarity again, as soon as a match touches it, it will shoot up like shuttle launch rockets and hopefully take off their fringe and eyebrows.

Then you will have no issues spotting them the next day!

Have a big drink and just remember these things are sent to try us - you will be in Canada soon, they will still be arsing about with nothing better to do.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

* Pours DestinationNS a nice cold glass of wine*

It will all work out okay...somebody said something on one of the posts both you and I answered a day ago or so....It made me think they typed 'you house wont sell any quicker you staying there (in the UK) and waiting' and it's true in many ways it wont so I try and forget about paying mortgage and rent together...we are changing our mortgage to interest only before we leave, we have repayment now. Fed up with dropping our house price though

But we will both sell DNS, we just need the right person

PS your name is so long to type lol..hope you don't mind the abbreviation
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well said Mandy
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
* Pours DestinationNS a nice cold glass of wine*

It will all work out okay...somebody said something on one of the posts both you and I answered a day ago or so....It made me think they typed 'you house wont sell any quicker you staying there (in the UK) and waiting' and it's true in many ways it wont so I try and forget about paying mortgage and rent together...we are changing our mortgage to interest only before we leave, we have repayment now. Fed up with dropping our house price though

But we will both sell DNS, we just need the right person

PS your name is so long to type lol..hope you don't mind the abbreviation
DNS is fine, but you can call me Lynn, after all, we are drinking buddies now.

I wish I could just up sticks and go to NS when we complete on our house in June. I can't really do that though as we have used all our available cash to get the NS house and it is affordable as long as we are in the UK earning 2 salaries. When we move to NS however, our income will drop to 1 salary plus we will have no spare cash for cars, furniture etc. So, we are stuck here until we sell.

Still, one of the firemen has a mate who has just sold his house and has looked at mine but can't quite afford the price. I told him to tell his mate we are really flexible. You never know, it may just be fate....
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are firm believers in fate Lynn my (drinking buddy ). I am starting to think the same way...just drop the house by another 10k and see what happens...we are already selling at a loss so what the heck

Again our story is the same as yours, we are moving to Alberta in 6 weeks and will be on just one wage and our rent will be $1400 CAD plus our mortgage. I took a job on 30 hours and not F/T because we felt it compromised our quality of life

My family are all fire service..my dad was Station Officer, Brother Leading Fireman, Uncle Retained ...they are a good bunch willing fate on for you here
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:09 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Effing B*****ds!!!!

I cant beleive it - little sh*ts. I want to come over and smack the sillies out of some people! :curse::curse:

Deep breaths........................................... .............................

This wont effect the house sale, this just royally bites arse tonight because everything is so tense trying to get viewings etc.

Tomorrow there needs to be a nice new shiny board outside, and a doberman attached to it.

Mudslide? Vodka cocktail? Here's a Mai Tai for you. I'll go and get more!
Attached Thumbnails As if house selling isn't stressful enough....-mai-tai-eldorado.jpg  

Last edited by Poppy2; Apr 8th 2008 at 9:18 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:16 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Fancy a cranberry vodka cocktail? I have just made a truck load!
Attached Thumbnails As if house selling isn't stressful enough....-23038110.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

As if thing aren't bad enough my PC keeps crashing. When I go missing for a few minutes now and then, it's not because I have a life or anything, it's just that my computer is dying.

Cranberry cocktail sound great
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:22 pm
NS covern member #1

maple vodka cocktail?

Attached Thumbnails As if house selling isn't stressful enough....-wi_sn19_maple.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy2
maple vodka cocktail?

Ye...hic...yes please
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:29 pm
NS covern member #1

Sending this guy round for round the clock vigilance and protection........he can also mix the drinks...........................
Attached Thumbnails As if house selling isn't stressful enough....-788663699_412edfdbc4_o.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's it, I'm staying in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.