Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I used to have fun here...

I used to have fun here...

Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I used to have fun here...

But I can no longer come here. The triggers are too great, I cannot mentally handle life, I live in a country with no useful mental health treatment or mental health medical system.

Anyone who is in need of mental health treatment be warned unless wealthy you will not have access to any mental health services of any use, the doctors are pill poppers and if pills don't work, you will be considered a useless turd and thrown to the waste side.

I am better off 100% alone in my cave, and thus have decided to not participate with humans, who hate me, want me gone, and frankly always have since the day I was born/

Good day.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I used to have fun here...

Hang on, don't go! I feel for your situation, but please don't give up.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:50 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

whoa, wait a minute, hang on JS... WHATS GOING ON?
Old Feb 17th 2016, 11:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
But I can no longer come here. The triggers are too great, I cannot mentally handle life, I live in a country with no useful mental health treatment or mental health medical system.

Anyone who is in need of mental health treatment be warned unless wealthy you will not have access to any mental health services of any use, the doctors are pill poppers and if pills don't work, you will be considered a useless turd and thrown to the waste side.

I am better off 100% alone in my cave, and thus have decided to not participate with humans, who hate me, want me gone, and frankly always have since the day I was born/

Good day.
Apologies if this sounds patronizing but . . .

Can't you find means-tested or pro bono mental health counselling? Is there a university/college that offers degrees in counselling psychology near you as they always need patients for the students to gain the required hours.

Secondly, if you feel that way, couldn't you turn your thinking to a more existential outlook? Sort of, if they don't give a naff about me, I won't about them. Its the sort of perspective that could provide a lot of freedom from conventions and a liberty of thought. If you're not sure about it, pick up a copy of Sartre and/or Existentialism for Beginners.

Amazon Amazon

In the immediate, make a cup of hot tea with plenty of sugar and give Charlee a cuddle. Oh and listen to some music. I recommend The Strokes - Someday

Last edited by Oink; Feb 18th 2016 at 12:06 am.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be a silly Billy J. Nobody hates you or wants you gone...we like you...a lot. Sometimes...no matter how much we like someone...we have disagreements. That's the way life goes.

Please stay J.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:21 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Please contact someone here

WWW.crisis centre.BC.CA

Please
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:37 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Good day.
Please stop and come back....I really can see your point, it is the reason I have been absent for some time. Lack of any sense of life going forward, disregard for the future....however, whatever you have or don't have, you are much better off than those without choices. One can easily loose a sense of perspective in Canada, there is a small population, few chances that are easily available and a very parochial spirit. Humans don't generally hate....we are all so preoccupied we don't spend the time to consider our fellow travellers.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:37 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you decide to stay, I know you bring a great insight to the forums due to your experience across Canada and the USA. Experience that most of us do not have. Well I really hope that you do whatever works best for you, but walling yourself up might not be the best answer for you.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:38 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Please contact someone here

Crisis Centre

Please

Fixed the link
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
You're valued and welcomed here, you're a mine of useful insights and information. Please stick around.

Steve
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Good day.
Being alone in a cave can be good for a little while. Watch a good movie, read a good book. Spoil yourself with something naughty but nice for supper...forget the negative attitudes and ignorance that we all seem to encounter every day.

Then come back from your self imposed short hibernation and slowly, find something each day that helps you feel positive and necessary.

Today is a bad day, tomorrow will be better x
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:35 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Good day.
Sometimes being around others can make things seem more difficult, but this too will pass and there are ups that follow the downs.

We like having you around. Hope you stay. Don't take the BE nonsense too much to heart. Most people here are pretty decent types.

Your signature line is spot on.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Hey JS, I'm a newb here but in my short time posting I've noticed your input into threads across BE, you may not consider it much but it does count for me and countless others.

Depression sucks and it feels as though there is no hope in sight, it will get better though but you have to give it time. I can say this with some authority as I have been in that black hole, alledgedly Mr/Mrs USCIS

There are many help steps I could reel off but the likelihood is that you may not think that they apply to you. I will say, though, that just talking is far better than any Citalopram or Prozac that a quack will prescribe, even if you are just saying 'Hi' to one of the PM's I know will be sitting in your inbox.

Know that I am with you mentally, if not physically.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no JS... I feel for you. Hang in there, you are loved and appreciated by tonnes of people, especially us on here. As others have said your posts give amazing info and insight and good laughs too. Stay strong, this rough patch will pass mate...
Old Feb 18th 2016, 5:19 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let the bastards get to you and please don't deprive us of your company on BE. If you feel the need take a break but really you will find lots of support here and people who like me enjoy your posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.