Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Wikiposts

I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Originally Posted by send out the calgary
No, it's definitely a DIDJI I was instructed. Apparently it's something like a DS Lite.
This, made for Leapfrog?

A game console for the 6-10 age group. Nothing like getting kids into the laziness groove early is there?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
This, made for Leapfrog?

Oooh yes, that is it. Brilliant, thanks!:

A game console for the 6-10 age group. Nothing like getting kids into the laziness groove early is there?
....just a little reward for how well they have taken the upheaval of immigrating and settling so well into their new life......and also a BRILLIANT blackmailing tool.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:27 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it - two years on and Nintendo still can't make enough of em? C'mon...they must be controlling supply to boost demand? Tell someone they can't have something and they want it 10x as bad....
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I don't get it - two years on and Nintendo still can't make enough of em? C'mon...they must be controlling supply to boost demand? Tell someone they can't have something and they want it 10x as bad....
More like a case of controlling supply to keep the prices high, in my opinion.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Right I went to the Future Shop Store on Monday night (after resitting my mutual fund exam!!) for a nintendo Wii.

That store had sold out but was told that at the store near / on Shaganappi that they had 24. So teararsed down there only to be told by the assistants that they weren't allowed to sell them til Friday.

I'm at work Friday so my plea is would anyone be able to go down to the store at like 8.45am (preferably with a tent and a flask and chair) and pick one up one for me

I can transfer monies into your bank account to cover cost and inconveinience (this really is life or death stuff and everywhere i've been has sold out)

Hope someone can help
In case your other option falls through, SHOPPERS DRUGMART - $269.99 (not including sales tax).
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:15 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - I have a few options should plans a and b fall through!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:19 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

seeing this thread - i realise how lucky i must have been. oh took an urge for a wii and wii fit in the summer, and i managed to get both relatively easily (although the first wii had to be returned as it was dodgy.) i think it was future shop and walmart i got them in.

good luck in your hunting, fingers crossed for you!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Thanks for all the suggestions guys - I have a few options should plans a and b fall through!!!
How far through the alphabet do you get before there's alcohol involved
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
How far through the alphabet do you get before there's alcohol involved
If we get to a stage where theres a plan G coming into play then there will definately be some nerve calmers going on!

The pissy thing is at work we have something called Bravo points (basically you do nice stuff, or do well in an aspect of your job and the bosses award you points which can be redeemed for stuff (2000 points awarded for quarterly top performance - 200 from management if a customer thinks you've been great that sort of thing))

Well in the redemption catalogue they have nintendo Wii consoles and they are 12500 points (I only have 1000 after redeeming 2500 earlier this year) - no-one in my branch has anywhere near enough for me to buy their points off of them and you can only top up your points with cash if you have 80% points to add 20% cash to it

Quite annoyed at that actually
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to buy the Wii from Shoppers, you will get 2 Free Cineplex
admit one tickets for this weekend purchases only -Dec6and7.
Also use the Shoppers Optimum card to collect points for more savings.
Yoong
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:37 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

I'm in the UK and we bought a Wii (£166) from Amazon on Monday, and it was delivered yesterday... also, Asda seem to be the cheapest but last time I looked they were out of stock. Currys online have stock also, they're slightly more expensive, buy hey, they have them ready to deliver.

As to the guy in Canada, cant you buy online ? Maybe try the USA sites if you can get no joy in CA !

M.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

My husband bought a Wii last year from EB Games - he happened to be in there when the delivery came in so asked if he could have one. Apparently he had loads of offers from people asking to buy it and pay cash as he was walking back through the mall with it!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:07 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Toys'R'Us has it online.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:02 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Hen's teeth here in the UK too.

I've resorted to checking this:

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii-fi...Fit-navigation

But I never manage to catch it at the right time.
Just managed to get one. Panic over.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

I only got a Wii last Christmas by driving the hour in to Calgary and queing outside FS at 5 in the morning (24th in line 30 for sale). This year it is the Wii Fit I am trying to get and it seems even more impossible anywhere here or the US. I am in the US next week and hoped I could buy one online to be shipped to my hotel/friend/office but no chance.

I work from home with two computers in front of me, frequently refreshing screens of numerous sites and getting automatic notifications from some sites and there is just nothing coming up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.