Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Wikiposts

I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:57 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Right I went to the Future Shop Store on Monday night (after resitting my mutual fund exam!!) for a nintendo Wii.

That store had sold out but was told that at the store near / on Shaganappi that they had 24. So teararsed down there only to be told by the assistants that they weren't allowed to sell them til Friday.

I'm at work Friday so my plea is would anyone be able to go down to the store at like 8.45am (preferably with a tent and a flask and chair) and pick one up one for me

I can transfer monies into your bank account to cover cost and inconveinience (this really is life or death stuff and everywhere i've been has sold out)

Hope someone can help
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a HUGE favour from anyone in Calgary

Maybe you could say you have a dental appointment or summat and go yourself!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:55 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purley
Maybe you could say you have a dental appointment or summat and go yourself!

I can't I had a bloody day off yesterday (ahem cos was poorly) trailing all over Red Deer, Calgary and such like trying to find one - closest I got was the store Monday night saying that they would sell theirs on Friday

No probs now though - one of the girls at work has Friday off and is going first thing to grab one - so panic over!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I can't I had a bloody day off yesterday (ahem cos was poorly) trailing all over Red Deer, Calgary and such like trying to find one - closest I got was the store Monday night saying that they would sell theirs on Friday

No probs now though - one of the girls at work has Friday off and is going first thing to grab one - so panic over!

Did you try Zellers? They usually have them in stock and a few weeks ago Costco had them stacked high but i, guessing because its coming closer to Xmas those will be gone.

Or - is there a future shop near your work?.......maybe you could run out at lunch?

Sorry - i'm not near any stores and dont take a car to work so i cant help you out.....i'm sure you'll find one though
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'm at work Friday so my plea is would anyone be able to go down to the store at like 8.45am (preferably with a tent and a flask and chair) and pick one up one for me
More like 06h45. When best buy got a batch of 60 several months ago I joined the queue at about 07h15 and only just got one.

They need to be prepared for the worst of human nature. Someone in the queue in front of me had been 3rd in the queue a few weeks previous and still didn't get one. When the door opened they were trampled
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:31 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't get a Wii Fit for my daughter could you while you're at it ?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

It sounds a bit like what happened at Walmart in the US, when the shop assistant was trampled to death by shoppers. MADNESS. I hope this won't be me searching soon, as I need to get a DIDJI and I don't even know what it is! 3 weeks and counting before Christmas. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
Sawdust making harpy

oh my god this sounds awful - i'd better warn my buddy to take her armour
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tangram
You couldn't get a Wii Fit for my daughter could you while you're at it ?
Hen's teeth here in the UK too.

I've resorted to checking this:

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii-fi...Fit-navigation

But I never manage to catch it at the right time.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:49 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Chops! Did you come to Red Deer and not stop in??????

Have you tried Sears? I know they had some t'other day - I'll pop in tomorrow and see if they've got some, I believe they are taking names and numbers to call people when they get them in.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Mrs Chops! Did you come to Red Deer and not stop in??????

Have you tried Sears? I know they had some t'other day - I'll pop in tomorrow and see if they've got some, I believe they are taking names and numbers to call people when they get them in.
Was there Saturday too but had to sign some paperwork and stuff so was a quick in and out

Got a friend down in Lethbridge I was on a course with (remember the one where I tried to come home and nearly ended up in the states), well he used to run a gaming shop and has put a call out - so should find out tomorrow if he can turn up with the goods - he said he will courier it up to Drum if he is successful.

Jees I wonder if my parents went to this much trouble for any of my pressies - saying that Cindy and her horse and my little pony probably weren't in such high demand
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Well since we have managed to get our hands on a wii for the teen, she has redone her christmas list and a wii no longer features:curse:

Kinda hoping it's because I've done sucha good job convincing her that they are impossible to get and she should think of an alternative - you never know I might be selling one Christmas day
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I think EB games at Beacon Hill had some in stock, it's a new shop and is very quite still. I managed to get a PS3 game there when they were sold out across Calgary.

Happy hunting
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by send out the calgary
I need to get a DIDJI and I don't even know what it is!
Could you be referring to a Digimon?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Could you be referring to a Digimon?
No, it's definitely a DIDJI I was instructed. Apparently it's something like a DS Lite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.