Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I need to have a moan

I need to have a moan

Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:52 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I need to have a moan

So here goes...teenage son is doing my head in...mutters under his breath and sulks all day long...drove down to his mate house to pick him up and had no conversation on the way home at all (30 mins drive):curse: just got into the driveway and the driver window of my car decided to go down for no reason other than it has been possessed....and has still refused to go back up...i've spent the last 10 mins covering the window with plastic to keep out the rain or whatever animal desides to crawl in and sleep there all night....got back into the house and made myself a cup of coffee, on the way to the living room the bloody dog ran at me, and me and the cup of boiling coffee landed on the floor in a heap..so here i sit..covered in coffee, trying to make some sort of sense of it all...Im begining to think someone up there doesn't like me.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need to have a moan

aww hugs - my daughter is like that at the moment - and my boy - 9 - the usual angel is starting to get mouthy -and dont start me on the dogs!!!

luckily BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW _YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
So here goes...teenage son is doing my head in...mutters under his breath and sulks all day long...drove down to his mate house to pick him up and had no conversation on the way home at all (30 mins drive):curse: just got into the driveway and the driver window of my car decided to go down for no reason other than it has been possessed....and has still refused to go back up...i've spent the last 10 mins covering the window with plastic to keep out the rain or whatever animal desides to crawl in and sleep there all night....got back into the house and made myself a cup of coffee, on the way to the living room the bloody dog ran at me, and me and the cup of boiling coffee landed on the floor in a heap..so here i sit..covered in coffee, trying to make some sort of sense of it all...Im begining to think someone up there doesn't like me.
This is what happens when you say Daniel O'Donnell should be dead some old biddy has put a curse on you
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that's not my son you're talking about? Perhaps he is living a double life.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

hawkman will become famous soon enough

Cheer up!

You could still be living in the UK like me and my family!

Our little girl starts school next year, and we have absolutley no say in what school she goes to our her schooling. The National Curriculium states the school have to teach her about same sex relationships from 5 ! I kid you not!

Indiscipline is rampant in most schools, and crime is up the yeng yang! My bus journey home from Manchester is a nightmare with low-lifes swearing at each other, smoking pot openly, and either selling or buying drugs on their mobiles.

The local town centre is off-limits at weekends due to the feral yobs who invade it after dark, and we've had a spate of burglaries were we livem, but you can't get the cops out for love nor money!

Phew moan over - I just hope the above makes you feel a little bit better!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:06 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
aww hugs - my daughter is like that at the moment - and my boy - 9 - the usual angel is starting to get mouthy -and dont start me on the dogs!!!

luckily BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW _YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!
Thanks Carrie.....even tho you know they're gonna get a bit lippy, it all happens so fast....found myself beating my chest the other day(like a silverback gorrilla) shouting at him I AM YOUR MOTHER, I AM YOUR MOTHER.:curse:, he just looks at me as if i've lost the plot..then 5mins later he's giving me a cuddle...kids eh, who'd have them Roll on Monday 9am!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:17 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by hawkman
Cheer up!

You could still be living in the UK like me and my family!

Our little girl starts school next year, and we have absolutley no say in what school she goes to our her schooling. The National Curriculium states the school have to teach her about same sex relationships from 5 ! I kid you not!

Indiscipline is rampant in most schools, and crime is up the yeng yang! My bus journey home from Manchester is a nightmare with low-lifes swearing at each other, smoking pot openly, and either selling or buying drugs on their mobiles.

The local town centre is off-limits at weekends due to the feral yobs who invade it after dark, and we've had a spate of burglaries were we livem, but you can't get the cops out for love nor money!

Phew moan over - I just hope the above makes you feel a little bit better!
I think you need a hug Im still living in Northern Ireland, not yet in Canada but hopefully soon...... Can't quite get my head round the same sex relationship talks for 5 year olds, what every happened to kids just being kids..they grow up so fast and filling there heads with stuff thats of no importance to them is rediculous....

Im not saying that they shouldn't be teaching kids about tolerance but im sure that could be done when they can understand what its all about
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:20 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Are you sure that's not my son you're talking about? Perhaps he is living a double life.
Unfortunately no...but if you want him for the week i'd be most grateful
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

I think you need a hug Im still living in Northern Ireland, not yet in Canada but hopefully soon...... Can't quite get my head round the same sex relationship talks for 5 year olds, what every happened to kids just being kids..they grow up so fast and filling there heads with stuff thats of no importance to them is rediculous....

Im not saying that they shouldn't be teaching kids about tolerance but im sure that could be done when they can understand what its all about
rab,

My thoughts exactly!

We have no problem this topic forming part of her sex education once she reaches adolescence, but at 5! this is all about indoctrination.

It is mine and my wife's responsiblity to pass on our values to our child, not the state's. If she decides different when she's older fine, provided she made that decision on her own, not becaue the government told her what to think.

We've haven't decided if we are moving out there yet, I have to convince my wife, but she's starting to feel the same way I do.

I hope we get out there for our own sake and our child's too!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:38 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

rab,

My thoughts exactly!

We have no problem this topic forming part of her sex education once she reaches adolescence, but at 5! this is all about indoctrination.

It is mine and my wife's responsiblity to pass on our values to our child, not the state's. If she decides different when she's older fine, provided she made that decision on her own, not becaue the government told her what to think.

We've haven't decided if we are moving out there yet, I have to convince my wife, but she's starting to feel the same way I do.

You should get the ball rolling,

We have been talking about Canada from my son (now 14) was 2 and I wish we had done something about it all those years ago..

Norn Ireland has its fair share of drugs and yobs..we live in a small town outside belfast and although my kids have had a sheltered life away for most of the crap it's starting to filter though. Im sure Canada will come with it's own probs, and we're not stupid enough to think it's all going to be Fantastic all the time but it's got to be better than this....
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:41 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

rab,

My thoughts exactly!

Start looking for a private/religious/insert your preference school out here, if you want any control over what your child is taught at elementary level. Grade 1 - age six - here goes:

http://www.bclocalnews.com/tri_city_.../17401984.html
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

You should get the ball rolling,

We have been talking about Canada from my son (now 14) was 2 and I wish we had done something about it all those years ago..

Norn Ireland has its fair share of drugs and yobs..we live in a small town outside belfast and although my kids have had a sheltered life away for most of the crap it's starting to filter though. Im sure Canada will come with it's own probs, and we're not stupid enough to think it's all going to be Fantastic all the time but it's got to be better than this....
We're on the same wavelength rab!

Our little girl is 3 and we don't want her growing up in England.

Ultimately it's down to my wife, I don't want to pressure her into this, she needs to be as passionate about the move as me, otherwise it will all go wrong once we reach Canada.

To be honest she's slowly coming round, so maybe in the next couple of years who knows.

Good luck with your move
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Start looking for a private/religious/insert your preference school out here, if you want any control over what your child is taught at elementary level. Grade 1 - age six - here goes:

I don't see the problem with giving little kids some (age appropriate) sex education as long as the parents are informed. IMHO waiting until they are teenagers is a mistake.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

We're on the same wavelength rab!

Our little girl is 3 and we don't want her growing up in England.

Ultimately it's down to my wife, I don't want to pressure her into this, she needs to be as passionate about the move as me, otherwise it will all go wrong once we reach Canada.

To be honest she's slowly coming round, so maybe in the next couple of years who knows.

Good luck with your move
You should start planning a trip. It may be easier for your wife to move because she loves Canada rather than a way to escape all you hate about the UK.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dingbat

Thanks Ding,

That's exactly what we have done, we've already registered her with a private school for next year when she starts school.

The only problem is its going to cost us and arm and a leg, but our child is worth every penny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.