I love Home Hardware

Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:49 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love Home Hardware

My OH has always wanted a hammock to lay his lazy bones on the garden on our rental has lovely big pine trees but none that are close enough to hang a hammock from, so I looked around for a freestanding one as a surprise.

Walmart $169, Superstore not in yet, Home Hardware $71 delivered in 5 days and put up just in time for him to try it out before he went back to work
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love Home Hardware

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
My OH has always wanted a hammock to lay his lazy bones on the garden on our rental has lovely big pine trees but none that are close enough to hang a hammock from, so I looked around for a freestanding one as a surprise.

Walmart $169, Superstore not in yet, Home Hardware $71 delivered in 5 days and put up just in time for him to try it out before he went back to work
Next time your at mine you'd better bring that too then eh? You big romantic you.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:41 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Next time your at mine you'd better bring that too then eh? You big romantic you.
I had a lovely sleep on it in the sun yesterday after he'd gone to work, me and Archie, a magazine, a bottle of Corona and 25 degrees not bad eh! Did I say I wanted a work permit - not
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

I had a lovely sleep on it in the sun yesterday after he'd gone to work, me and Archie, a magazine, a bottle of Corona and 25 degrees not bad eh! Did I say I wanted a work permit - not
What about something to do with a St called H2o?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I have Home Hardware and Home Depot on Rochdale. The difference is that Home Hardware gives you service. That is because Lyle owns at least part of the store. So they want to be helpful and there is always someone to give you assistance.

At Home Depot they have young kids who don't care whether you find the right thing or not. They have retired people - several of our friends work there and they are really handy when you want to have a chat and they are actually helpful if you can find them. Home Depot is 100 times the size of Home Hardware and they probably have about the same number of employees working at any given time.

I will always choose Home Hardware, especially if I need help finding something. Also Home Hardware on Rochdale has a really extensive giftware section with china and novelties and candles - so its good for that too.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Purley
I have Home Hardware and Home Depot on Rochdale. The difference is that Home Hardware gives you service. That is because Lyle owns at least part of the store. So they want to be helpful and there is always someone to give you assistance.

At Home Depot they have young kids who don't care whether you find the right thing or not. They have retired people - several of our friends work there and they are really handy when you want to have a chat and they are actually helpful if you can find them. Home Depot is 100 times the size of Home Hardware and they probably have about the same number of employees working at any given time.

I will always choose Home Hardware, especially if I need help finding something. Also Home Hardware on Rochdale has a really extensive giftware section with china and novelties and candles - so its good for that too.
I agree with you there, our HH has been owned by the Muir Barber family for years, they are really helpful, Mal loves that they sell screws nails etc by the pound, he's like a kid in a sweet shop when he goes in there. They have a little dollar only section, sell home made jams and pie made by a farmers wife. They have gifts, dog food and treats, all sorts of garden stufs and our christmas lights were just as cheap there as Walmart and we didn't have to make the 110k round trip to buy them.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:25 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

what struck me as ironic was them advertising a tool to easily open all those hard plastic packages ... in a hard plastic package.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

You mean to say i was laying in my sick bed and my own mother was sleeping in a hammock swigging Corona instead of mopping my brow and ,making me soup

Have you seen LMO thread HPM has her LMO 6 weeks early
Old May 1st 2008, 4:49 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
You mean to say i was laying in my sick bed and my own mother was sleeping in a hammock swigging Corona instead of mopping my brow and ,making me soup

Have you seen LMO thread HPM has her LMO 6 weeks early
been out all day just got home, I do hope you're feeling better

I bet there's a lot of dancing in the HPM family, another group for a meet up
Old May 1st 2008, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

been out all day just got home, I do hope you're feeling better

I bet there's a lot of dancing in the HPM family, another group for a meet up
I am much better thanks,

She called me sounded very happy bless,

Is Home hardware only in your area or is it like Home depot ?
Old May 1st 2008, 6:12 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I am much better thanks,

She called me sounded very happy bless,

Is Home hardware only in your area or is it like Home depot ?
I think it's all over, they send us a catalogue so we must have arrived . Checked in Crappy tire today, they have ordinary hammocks at $49 but the freestanding one from HH is much better. Porch swing for me next
Old May 1st 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think it's all over, they send us a catalogue so we must have arrived . Checked in Crappy tire today, they have ordinary hammocks at $49 but the freestanding one from HH is much better. Porch swing for me next
We have a wooden garden swing that i was thinking of bringing but at that price i will leave it another thing of the list
Old May 1st 2008, 11:58 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you there, our HH has been owned by the Muir Barber family for years, they are really helpful, Mal loves that they sell screws nails etc by the pound, he's like a kid in a sweet shop when he goes in there. They have a little dollar only section, sell home made jams and pie made by a farmers wife. They have gifts, dog food and treats, all sorts of garden stufs and our christmas lights were just as cheap there as Walmart and we didn't have to make the 110k round trip to buy them.
I admit that we're slaves to Home Depot, Rona and Reno Depot. There is a Home Hardware near us but I've never been into it. I do like these smaller hardware stores and we are starting to go more and more to our local BMR (mainly a QC chain). The first time we went in we stumbled upon an offcut of drywall in a shed out back. The guy sold it to use for a couple of bucks. That was handy because we only needed a small bit.

There's a gem of a locksmith/hardware store in Oakville (Oaktown Hardware). If you're looking for something obscure, it's the place to go. If you only buy a few screws or similar, the bloke often can't be bothered to charge you.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I like Home Hardware too, there's a builders suppliers one near us and they have all sorts crammed into a small space. We bought our kitchen cabinets and work tops in there. We had been to Home Depot but they were so snotty about our small kitchen."Can't you knock down that wall" "can you block off that door" "we can't design this, its too small" We didnt want it designed, I had done that already, but would the sods just sell us the units?? No. So we went to HH and they would, with no song and dance, no sneering or criticising. Excellent.

The non builders HH round here also sell Paderno pans and cookware on sale. Its very good stuff so look out for it.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:50 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daft batty
I like Home Hardware too, there's a builders suppliers one near us and they have all sorts crammed into a small space. We bought our kitchen cabinets and work tops in there. We had been to Home Depot but they were so snotty about our small kitchen."Can't you knock down that wall" "can you block off that door" "we can't design this, its too small" We didnt want it designed, I had done that already, but would the sods just sell us the units?? No. So we went to HH and they would, with no song and dance, no sneering or criticising. Excellent.

The non builders HH round here also sell Paderno pans and cookware on sale. Its very good stuff so look out for it.
Home Depot's custom services are a bit variable. The first two times we ordered Persian shutters from them, it all went fine. The third time was a total cock-up. It didn't correspond at all to what we'd ordered or to the instructions/measurements the installer had given them. The garage door we ordered last year was fitted as expected but HD forgot to put in the order for the flashing. As a result, that bit was only done a couple of weeks ago.

On the other hand, they completely forgot to charge us for the second shutter (we're talking hundreds of dollars here) and the cock-up on the third included their getting the price wrong, in our favour.

We're about to get some landscaping/building work done on the front of the house. We're using a local, family-run contractor that has been around for years. We picked the outfit because every time Souvette mentioned the project to people at work, the same name kept coming up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.