I love Home Hardware

Old May 1st 2008, 4:18 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love Home Hardware

And another plus with out local HH is their prices are often lower than the catalogue price. Don't know whether that is an error, or the catalogue put delivery charge on the price but I know I've seen that on many items.

We also have a buliders supplies attached, they often sell off their cock ups or good seconds at a very reduced price. We passed last week and a guy was buying a double glazed window (that had been wrongly measured for someone else) for a workshop he was building and he was starting with the window and building around it cos it was too good to pass up.

They will also deliver a "skip" and take it to the dump for $60 and it's a fair size so Mal says it's a good deal
Old May 1st 2008, 5:09 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
They will also deliver a "skip" and take it to the dump for $60 and it's a fair size so Mal says it's a good deal
I'd say that's a bloody good deal.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:13 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I'd say that's a bloody good deal.
The joys of living in a small town , HH, houses, dump all within 5 km then nothing for miles and miles and miles...................
Old May 1st 2008, 5:18 pm

The joys of living in a small town , HH, houses, dump all within 5 km then nothing for miles and miles and miles...................
To give you an idea of how good that deal is, a few weeks back I paid $260 for a guy with a truck to come and remove about 25 sacks of reno waste. He expected me to help him load up.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:32 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

To give you an idea of how good that deal is, a few weeks back I paid $260 for a guy with a truck to come and remove about 25 sacks of reno waste. He expected me to help him load up.
Good God. The labour here is very reasonable, I'm sure transactions are still carried out on the barter system. With the exeption of Canadian Tire where it cost me $218 for two new front tyres and a two hour wait.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Good God. The labour here is very reasonable, I'm sure transactions are still carried out on the barter system. With the exeption of Canadian Tire where it cost me $218 for two new front tyres and a two hour wait.
And to think you could have been having a sleep on your new hammock
Old May 1st 2008, 5:50 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
And to think you could have been having a sleep on your new hammock
Shhhh, don't tell him I've been using it, he only got the chance to lie in it for a few minutes before he had to go on the road
Old May 1st 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Shhhh, don't tell him I've been using it, he only got the chance to lie in it for a few minutes before he had to go on the road
OK snooty chuckle fanny will keep it secret
Old May 1st 2008, 7:41 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

We have a small Home Hardware not far from our home. It is true about the friendliness and service but, my god, you have to pay for it. It is OK for a few screws or an outlet cover, but for anything more than a few bucks it just doesn't make sense. For example, some secateurs I bought last month: Home Hardware $13.99, Home Depot $3.99.

I like shopping in Home Depot when I have a big project on the go. If you can find an employee in his own department (and I agree that they can be a bit thin on the ground at times) you can get some excellent information. I particularly like the "don't spend $100 on that fancy bit of plumbing, this $2.99 bit of plastic will do the job just as well" type advice.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I particularly like the "don't spend $100 on that fancy bit of plumbing, this $2.99 bit of plastic will do the job just as well" type advice.
I'd agree with that. When we first started drywalling the HD guy told us to forget about the snazzy trowel for corners and the lever thingy.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:09 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Our HH is pretty big and has items at various prices. Our HD is in Regina which is a 110 k round trip so sometimes it's worth the price. On other occassions we make a list and pick things up when we go to the city.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with that. When we first started drywalling the HD guy told us to forget about the snazzy trowel for corners and the lever thingy.
It's good to know they speak 'DIYer'
Old May 1st 2008, 8:12 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Tuppence
They'd have to be good and reading notes and converting from English names to Canadian names too in my case
Old May 1st 2008, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Those were not his exact words.

Those were: "useless piece of ****" and waste of ******* money; use a crowbar and a bit of scrap wood".