Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I find this very disturbing.

I find this very disturbing.

Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I find this very disturbing.

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
read it properly and butt out
In fairness to Bazz there are a couple of typos.

<runs and hides behind sofa>
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

oh oh not again.....................
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:33 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BRZ...eature=related
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen
..............but I was taught the bible was the word of the Lord, not an unquestionable divine document. I believe that the Bible be read not as an accurate historical document, but rather as a work of literature and theology that often draws on historical events. Any logical Christian can understand that thousands of years of story telling trying explain a theology will a) be simplified for an audience who has no concept of evolution and genetics yet, and b) evolve in itself as a story as it passes word of mouth through time, geography and culture.

Remember Genesis id the basis of not one but three religions and when it came to the written word, it was done at a time when the Christian church was fighting for political/geographical and montery power. The same church which is, of course, run by the most fallable of creatures......man!

The hierarchy of the catholic church published a teaching document in 2005instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true. The catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland informed folowers, as well as any others drawn to the study of the bible, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the book.

So I'm quite happy with my standing with the big man, and if I'm wrong (and you're right!), I'll find out sure enough
I wasn't talking about the Catholics Churches view on Christianity, but the Bible's.

I can accept your point of view of Christianity, Owen even though I dont understand it as I was raised with a different view to believe God's Word, but its your perogative to believe whatever you want to.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I find the teaching of creationism to such young children very disturbing, particularly when presented like this. But it is a free society and I agree with the curator and hats off to him. I should say I am a geologist and on global scale I believe there are only one or two creationist geologists, it basically goes against all of geology.

Gryph
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:46 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
In fairness to Bazz there are a couple of typos.

<runs and hides behind sofa>
I could only see one
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

I could only see one
i am sure Bazz will correct you if you are wrong, he reminds me of the Headmaster at my old school
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:30 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
i am sure Bazz will correct you if you are wrong, he reminds me of the Headmaster at my old school
why was he a tw*t?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

why was he a tw*t?
Will you behave
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:04 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Will you behave
Only asking a question...I would have hoped for a little more respect seeing as he doesn't know my situation and didn't apply any thought to the fact that it was very late here - and also an explanation of his attack - if it was just for a couple of spelling errors...er I would like to see him do three things at once...not just attack...
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:29 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by bazzz
I sincerely hope that the education you're giving your kids is a bit more coherent than your posting here.
Originally Posted by CaptainHook
If you don't like being poked.......

Get off facebook

Bet you thought I was going to be rude then, didn't you?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:29 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

read it properly and butt out

I was very rude - please see new thread in your honour...

Apology sin bin
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I was very rude - please see new thread in your honour...

Apology sin bin
Nice bit of pie there HP mouse xxxxx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Scary, eh? Tyrannasaurus Rex the vegetarian till that bad woman Eve ate that meat apple!
This is why we hear the expression 'blind faith'
I'm speechless.
Talk about brainwashing. From this population came Waco... Does anyone watch the UK show 'Waterloo Road' (on BBC Canada). There were a couple of episodes where a Creationist was going to fund the construction of a new academy for the inner city school that is WR. He did some of that brainwashing with some of the children more susceptible to being influenced - it was a pretty good storyline (of course, Brits being Brits they decided not to take the money if it meant brainwashing and ousted the American with the dosh). If you haven't seen it and have BBC Canada I believe the storyline will be coming up soon. They're just reshowing that season (on a Monday I believe).
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Scary, eh? Tyrannasaurus Rex the vegetarian till that bad woman Eve ate that meat apple!
This is why we hear the expression 'blind faith'
I'm speechless.
Talk about brainwashing. From this population came Waco... Does anyone watch the UK show 'Waterloo Road' (on BBC Canada). There were a couple of episodes where a Creationist was going to fund the construction of a new academy for the inner city school that is WR. He did some of that brainwashing with some of the children more susceptible to being influenced - it was a pretty good storyline (of course, Brits being Brits they decided not to take the money if it meant brainwashing and ousted the American with the dosh). If you haven't seen it and have BBC Canada I believe the storyline will be coming up soon. They're just reshowing that season (on a Monday I believe).

HAven't seen it BUT reg Vardy man funds at least one school, something to to with emmanuel in sunderland and it does have creastionist leanings , in as much as it could in Britian. I think they do teach what is called intelligent design alongside creationism, (from what I have read).

Gryph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.