How smart are you?

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How smart are you?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Al it is.
So the question "Which is the most abundant ELEMENT in the earths crust" ends up as the most abundant Metal thats not Silicon...

Oxygen is the most abundant element FWIW.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 2nd 2008 at 4:47 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:41 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Somebody PM me when it's molecular biology of ion channels day.
Shit; I thought I was a nerd.....
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvenir
OK. If, we're going to get all clever, here's one.

The name of a well-known area of London contains six consecutive consonants. What is the name?

That would be "Knightsbridge"

Lynne
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
19/20 for me - got my metaphors and simile's confused in the first question!
18/20 for me - missed the first one as I didn't read the question properly
And I missed the long-lost one too...
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:51 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Which places in London are both north and south of each other?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Which places in London are both north and south of each other?
I'm guessing tube stations with north/south names.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:10 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't involve North/South names, but it does involve the Tube.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:15 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hangs head in shame
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm

It doesn't involve North/South names, but it does involve the Tube.
My initial thought was Euston and Euston Square but I think the boo-boo there is east-west.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:32 pm
Lowering the tone

You're on the right lines...
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:36 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

18/20 for me - and English isn't even my first language.

Originally Posted by iaink
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4246472.stm

For an ubergrammarfuhrer, I could have done better...but its still early and I havent had my normal coffee intake yet!

16/20
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:37 pm

You're on the right lines...
OK. I give up. Put me out of your misery.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:44 pm
Lowering the tone

Euston and King's Cross stations.

On the Northbound Victoria line, King's Cross is north of Euston.
On the Northbound Northern line, King's Cross is south of Euston.

Pretty daft, especially as King's Cross is actually more or less east of Euston!
Attached Thumbnails How smart are you?-lu-map.gif  
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:54 pm

Euston and King's Cross stations.

On the Northbound Victoria line, King's Cross is north of Euston.
On the Northbound Northern line, King's Cross is south of Euston.

Pretty daft, especially as King's Cross is actually more or less east of Euston!
I knew that.

Another question.

The Broons and Oor Wullie. Why? Still?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:15 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Give an example of a correct sentence in English which has five consecutive uses of the word "and".
Don't know that one.

(I got 20/20)

Here's one for you though ..... Add capital letters and punctuate the following until it makes sense:

smith where jones had had had had had had had had had had had the examiner's approval

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.