How posh are you?

Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:03 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How posh are you?

Originally Posted by not2old
correct, I said University.

Now as for the drivel - would you agree with me the posh folks that go to university will forever always be posh & the posh status can be lost when they lose their wealth, house & home, ending up on a council estate on welfare (still speaking posh) - or is it that disadvantaged child from the council estate that will never ever be posh even if and or when they succeed to show the world they (as an example) become the Prime minister married into wealth?

Wealth is not posh

Accent is not posh

Grooming is not posh

Position in the world scene is not posh

Elevated status is not posh

so what is posh?

Reread my post will you? I referred to your last few words which did not make sense.

Yep, you mentioned uni, but i didn't.

I don't follow your thought processes in this thread either.

Posh is posh, you don't lose poshness through being poor, you could if you wanted to, the same way you could learn to be posh if you wanted to do so. Most of us learn new behaviours to fit in, some more than others and some do it deliberately.

It isn't any better or worse to be a posh geezer, it's just a way of being
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Are there degrees of poshness? Can one be a bit posh but not completely posh or is it just a discrete concept, where one is or one is not.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:07 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is about 'posh'.

On the OP it asked the question about schooling ..... my response was Primary - Secondary

4. What type of schools did you go to?

Primary - Secondary
Primary - Public
Prep - Secondary
Prep - Public
Which is a rather limited description of the type of schools in the UK.

However linking back to the original quiz instead of my post replying to Oink's question is rather odd.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:07 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Oink
Are there degrees of poshness? Can one be a bit posh but not completely posh or is it just a discrete concept, where one is or one is not.
Awfully posh?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:11 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats

Posh is posh, you don't lose poshness through being poor, you could if you wanted to,
bollocks

the same way you could learn to be posh if you wanted to do so.
bollocks again

Most of us learn new behaviours to fit in, some more than others and some do it deliberately.
do you do that, if so, how hard do you try to elevate yourself outside of your non-posh comfort zone?

Before you turn it back on me - I don't give a flying crap about posh anything or folks who are or that get elevated (put on pedestals) to the appearance of posh annoyance - poor & disadvantaged is the new posh
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Awfully posh?
Frightfully posh.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:15 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks

bollocks again

do you do that, if so, how hard do you try to elevate yourself outside of your non-posh comfort zone?

Before you turn it back on me - I don't give a flying crap about posh anything or folks who are or that get elevated (put on pedestals) to the appearance of posh annoyance - poor & disadvantaged is the new posh
I think you're confusing posh with chic.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Frightfully posh.
Boo. Like Boris Johnson?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Boo. Like Boris Johnson?
Yes, or Alexander McCall Smith.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:22 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

that's all BS

Or was you meaning 'in the eyes of the beholder' or in trying to fool the unlikely unknown?

Take two families that lived next door to each other on a council estate in the UK, both move to Canada ending up on the same street across from each other.

The adult male in family 'A' works in an automotive plant putting bits on cars as they roll down the assembly line. The male in family 'B' re-educates is now a lawyer. The street refers to the two families as nice but Mr Lawyer is elevated to a status of unbound awe.

The lads get together regularly for a beer & a hockey game while the wives go on about posh comparisons with Mr Lawyer going on to his mate about the new car, clothes he wears, holidays & the toys that he & his kids have.

Could this status be posh?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:23 am
Dichotomus tinker

I think you're confusing posh with chic.
chic & chav sort of rhyme
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Could this status be posh?
Of course not. "lawyer" is a trade.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:25 am
Dichotomus tinker

Which is a rather limited description of the type of schools in the UK.

However linking back to the original quiz instead of my post replying to Oink's question is rather odd.
see, it only goes to show, nowt posh about me

Originally Posted by dbd33
Of course not. "lawyer" is a trade.
And is usually a ****.
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Boo. Like Boris Johnson?
Are you saying Honey Boo Boo is Posh, or that Boris Johnson is like Honey Boo Boo

All I know is that Posh is "Pants"

Beckham eastend boy, will he ever be "posh" with all his money? I doubt it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.