Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How our bodies can mislead us.

How our bodies can mislead us.

Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:28 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How our bodies can mislead us.

Take a vacation in Mexico !
My orthodontist charges $350 for a root canal. Crowns are anywhere from $150 up. Implants are from $650. He went to dental school in Loma Linda, CA where he also teaches in the summer. An immaculate and state of the art office. I've been going there for 13 years. A pal of mine flew here from Toronto and had extensive work done. The savings he made more than paid for the trip. In my case my insurance pays 100% of the bill because it's less than the 80% that they would normally pay.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Huh. You'd likely save the cost of the holiday!

I'm actually looking at getting some things done in the UK. Even the listed private charges for a couple of bridges/implants following extractions make it worth the airfare for a family of 5...
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:45 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
Huh. You'd likely save the cost of the holiday!

I'm actually looking at getting some things done in the UK. Even the listed private charges for a couple of bridges/implants following extractions make it worth the airfare for a family of 5...
Yes indeed. The cost of a root canal in Canada is about $1,200. A crown is about the same. The cost in Mexico is, as I said, is $350 and $150. If you only had one of each it would be $2,400 in Canada and $500 in Mexico. A difference of $1,900 just on those two procedures ! That alone would more than cover the cost.
As a matter of fact I'm going to San Diego this afternoon to pick up my daughter who is on her way from Toronto to visit for a few days and she will be having some work done while she's here. Saves a fortune.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Yes indeed. The cost of a root canal in Canada is about $1,200. A crown is about the same. The cost in Mexico is, as I said, is $350 and $150. If you only had one of each it would be $2,400 in Canada and $500 in Mexico. A difference of $1,900 just on those two procedures ! That alone would more than cover the cost.
As a matter of fact I'm going to San Diego this afternoon to pick up my daughter who is on her way from Toronto to visit for a few days and she will be having some work done while she's here. Saves a fortune.
I am going to San Diego to visit family in September, so I may very likely just deal with it while down there.

I have a friend who goes down to TJ from Vancouver Island, and my step mom has been going to Mexico for 20+ years for dental work.