Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Touchscreen Laptop-To buy or not to buy?

Touchscreen Laptop-To buy or not to buy?

Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Touchscreen Laptop-To buy or not to buy?

Before I start, mods I ask you please not to move this to "The Lab" ...
This post isn't about what laptop should I buy or the specifications (I already know lots about that and have the one I would buy picked out) , but whether or not its actually worth it. To buy, or not to buy, that is the question. Its more of an opinion thread than a "which laptop do i buy" thread.

Anyways, I was looking at a touchscreen laptop from best buy the past few weeks (this one to be precise: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...rchPageIndex=1) and its now $150 off! Of course the first instinct is to jump in the car and buy it. Here's the situation. I have two laptops. One souped-up one for home/online gaming/BE(), and a sh!t one I use for schoolwork. (it comes to school with me and back, hence me not wanting to scuff up the nice one) But, neither are touchscreen, and upon investigating a bit and trying out a family members for some time, I quite liked it. (Especially the fact that I could draw little immature drawings on the "Paint" app and send them to my friends)

Money is not an issue. I have money from a few things I sold on Kijiji and I would sell the sh!t laptop to get the rest of the money for it. Then I would take one of them to school temporarily until the school board gives me the laptop i'm entitled to through my IEP.

Do any of you have a touch laptop on here? And yes I know about Windows 8.1 and such, it actually came on my current laptop (the souped up one) and, dare I say it, I like it

So, verdict? Worth it or not?

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Touchscreen Laptop-To buy or not to buy?

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
This post isn't about what laptop should I buy or the specifications (I already know lots about that and have the one I would buy picked out) , but whether or not its actually worth it. To buy, or not to buy, that is the question. Its more of an opinion thread than a "which laptop do i buy" thread.

Anyways, I was looking at a touchscreen laptop from best buy the past few weeks (this one to be precise: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...rchPageIndex=1) and its now $150 off! Of course the first instinct is to jump in the car and buy it. Here's the situation. I have two laptops. One souped-up one for home/online gaming/BE(), and a sh!t one I use for schoolwork. (it comes to school with me and back, hence me not wanting to scuff up the nice one) But, neither are touchscreen, and upon investigating a bit and trying out a family members for some time, I quite liked it. (Especially the fact that I could draw little immature drawings on the "Paint" app and send them to my friends)

Money is not an issue. I have money from a few things I sold on Kijiji and I would sell the sh!t laptop to get the rest of the money for it. Then I would take one of them to school temporarily until the school board gives me the laptop i'm entitled to through my IEP.

Do any of you have a touch laptop on here? And yes I know about Windows 8.1 and such, it actually came on my current laptop (the souped up one) and, dare I say it, I like it

Thanks

Hmm, explains a lot.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Hmm, explains a lot.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should explain yourself young man.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised I read all that... minutes I won't get back, damn.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If you have to have a laptop go and get yourself an MacBook Air and stop messing about.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you have to have a laptop go and get yourself an MacBook Air and stop messing about.

I need a touchscreen, Oink I don't think Macs have that yet
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think i'll go ahead and buy it
Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated it
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:20 pm

Pervert.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Pervert.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can get an iPad2 or an iPad mini for less than that HP/Windows 8.1 rubbish you linked to.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You can get an iPad2 or an iPad mini for less than that HP/Windows 8.1 rubbish you linked to.
True. I have an iPad mini. And I can make my drawings on it
Old Mar 15th 2014, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dizzy with all the moving emoticons!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:02 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

True. I have an iPad mini. And I can make my drawings on it
So WTF are you pining for a touchscreen laptop for?
Old Mar 15th 2014, 1:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You don't 'need' a touchscreen, you want one.

If you have two laptops (one a decent one for gaming etc.,), could get another laptop through school and own an ipad mini, considering buying another laptop just for the touchscreen is pure indulgence. Save the money and put it towards your travels!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.