Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

how much of a slut are you?

how much of a slut are you?

Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:59 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much of a slut are you?

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Well, we are both untidy, him more than me. Together we have perfect entropy. Nobody does anything to make the mess it just happens.

I feel uncomfortable in perfectly clean and tidy houses. I can't relax in case I spill something, or drop crumbs, or wrinkle the cushions. On the other hand I have been in a house where I couldn't eat without gagging as the place was so filthy, we had to leave early to find a public loo as theirs was too awful to use. Lovely people though, really lovely.

I should learn to love the chaos and not give a stuff about what people think.
We can be a little bit untidy at times, ( I never go in the basement as it's always upside down with kids toys and my OH musical and recording stuff, it drives me potty, so I don't go there) but never dirty - I can't abide that.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:10 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
I did wonder why you left so abruptly.....
Hah, not you, you fond fool. Though I didn't eat anything and only drank the anti-bacterial gin and tonic!

Originally Posted by dollface
We can be a little bit untidy at times, ( I never go in the basement as it's always upside down with kids toys and my OH musical and recording stuff, it drives me potty, so I don't go there) but never dirty - I can't abide that.
I worry that my house is smelly. Stuffy and smelly.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:15 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, not you, you fond fool. Though I didn't eat anything and only drank the anti-bacterial gin and tonic!

Iain's a scouser. He won't understand that.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
True. He seemed normal enough though.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:16 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ann m
We live in a general state of "stuff" on most surfaces because I can't be bothered to pick up everything and kids can't be bothered to put one thing away. My hubby is generally much more tidy than the three females in the house - and he's much better at clearing up after a day out ski'ing, or camping, holidaying etc - he just puts everything away, straight away. I would dump in on the floor and get round to it sometime in the next week or two.

We're mostly pretty clean though under all that, somehow. Loos, bathrooms and beds are good (though they don't get made everyday!).

I find the best way to clean the house is to invite someone over for dinner. Then I am a pedantic pain in the backside from 9am until they arrive and every single thing gets put away and tidied - and if it doesn't move, it gets bleached! Mostly, I am 'take me as you find me' but a dinner invitation is special!

Edit for fledermaus. I don't care if other people's houses are untidy, but if the bathroom for example was grubby or the kitchen was dirty, I'd be really put off. Your messy paperwork just makes me feel comfortable and normal!
Ann, i couldn't have put it better myself. We have loads of 'stuff' (especially since the kids started back at school and come home with endless bits of paper)
We're never having another island in the kitchen according to DH as it's a dumping ground for all our 'stuff'.

OH is (in my opinion) slightly OCD and likes it all neat and tidy but i think he's realised over the years that 3 kids and 'neat & tidy" don't go together.
I like that he is like that, though, as i fear i would let it pile up too much.

He's also a great one for putting everything away after a trip skate/ski or camping and has all his papers properly filed away.

I'm not a perpetual bleacher, there isn't any aspect of housework that i enjoy doing. I'm of the "a bit of dirt, never hurt" ilk. Life's too short to stuff a mushroom, and all that. But i do it out of necessity.

I too would feal uneasy in someone's house if it was like a showhome, but if we had company coming, everything would be cleaned, tidied and bleached (DH likes this)

Eldest daughter is showing signs of being like DH (yippee - a free maid)
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:41 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Given the title this is such a disappointing thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut
Old Sep 26th 2009, 2:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back
Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:36 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
So does my OH, she gets one.
Where does he go when you're home?

Originally Posted by Souvy
Cleaning comes in campaigns. It is not unknown for her to go at the tiles wih a toothbrush.
Hopefully not yours if she's mad at you!

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Oh christ friends and alcohol used to be a cause of the mess back in the day

Your house looked great, and your OH is a great guy. I'm sure you make a wonderful couple.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Your house looked great, and your OH is a great guy. I'm sure you make a wonderful couple.
Aww, we do make people wonder sometimes..
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:05 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
If I was you C, I'd threaten them with having to listen to Mika and watch Videos of their Mum dancing with big fluffy dogs.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:10 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

We took an oath of homeship when we got married.

"A home has to look lived in and not like some builders show house, we shall not tidy up obsessively and we will not make people take their shoes off before they walk on the carpet."

However, I do not like seeing skidmarks in the toilet, or coffee stains on the kitchen worktops... This puts me off even accepting a cup of coffee.

When the girls where young little tykes, Jules has been known to pick everything up to hoover the floor then put it all back down so it looks like a home
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
Ann, i couldn't have put it better myself.
.... (yippee - a free maid)
Well done !

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Jules has been known to pick everything up to hoover the floor then put it all back down so it looks like a home
Love that idea - what a clever girl
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:50 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Why wont that bit of misinformation die?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:45 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Why wont that bit of misinformation die?
Yes. I thought Steve P was the Scouser? Aren't you a Scot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.