Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How did you / your husband propose?

How did you / your husband propose?

Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:44 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How did you / your husband propose?

Originally Posted by lousid
Mine was lifted first revealing a lovely dessert, as ordered; hers was lifted a fraction of a second later revealing a polished ivory lined wooden hexagonal mahogany ring box among scattered rose petals, inside which was a beautiful, gleaming diamond ring.
Yes, but where was her dessert?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:01 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that hiding an engagement ring in the pudding is a popular way of proposing, its not very imaginative though. How about a skydiving pygmy goat with the ring stuck up its arse or something with a bit of panache?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:39 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
It seems that hiding an engagement ring in the pudding is a popular way of proposing, its not very imaginative though. How about a skydiving pygmy goat with the ring stuck up its arse or something with a bit of panache?
Something with a bit of panache, please
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:56 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

hmm best make that a full size goat - you aint gonna get a v big diamond up a pigmy goats arse and I would want a v v v v v big diamond
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Always obsessed with rear entry. That ain't healthy....
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:24 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
Always obsessed with rear entry. That ain't healthy....
Not for the goat.....
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Yes, but where was her dessert?
Why, me, of course ...
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by helcat12
Disgraceful, thoughtless behaviour!!!
Don't you realise that now there will be several cohorts of impressionable public school girls (and I know what they are like, because I was one) who will now be INCONSOLABLY DISAPPOINTED with the male of the species when they are eventually proposed to in lay-by in North Wales?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:30 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that hiding an engagement ring in the pudding is a popular way of proposing, its not very imaginative though. How about a goat with the ring stuck up its arse or something with a bit of panache?
I suppose if the intended didn't notice the ring in the pud, it would end up stuck up the arse of a goat.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:38 am
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

I'd imagine breaking a rib or two whilst performing the Heimlich Maneuver to retrieve the ring from her throat would be very romantic.

The pygmy goat thing is a great idea though. I like the way your mind works.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

Met on Valentines day -as a blind date. Neither of us realized it was valentine's day, till we saw the decorations in the mall we arranged to meet in!

He proposed the next valentines day, then we got married on the following valentines day. In a little Chapel - no family at the service- afraid that when Priest said "does any one have any reason...." his mother would speak up lol.

Let me tell you he has anniversary's dead easy! it is pre-printed on every calendar! Been married 11 years now.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We met at work - who says office romances don't work!?
After dating for almost a year, we went on a tour of the USA for three weeks, when we reached the Grand Canyon after 2.5 weeks, we went out to the canyon edge to watch the sunset, it was just the two of us.. we were joined by a large, buzzy flying insect which freaked the missus out, and after I'd batted it away, I took a deep breath and said something along the lines of.. "I'd like to protect you from yukky things for the rest of my life, will you marry me?" :-) That was Wednesday May 25th 2005, a day I'll always remember - Liverpool came back from 3-0 down to win the Champions League Final in Istanbul against AC Milan and I didn't see it.

The rest, as they say, is ancient history. And I'm STILL having to trap spiders under pint glasses at home and the like. Wouldn't have it any other way though!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:30 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
This is a popular scenario My Husband proposed to me whilst driving back from me meeting his parents for the 1st time. 'So will you marry me, one day, y'know when we can?'

Of course I said, 'Of course I will'

We got married on New Years Day 2003 on Anna Marie Island, on the beach whilst the sun set, I had the worst cold in the world. We had rented a house, my parents and his parents and DD were there, so it was a very quiet wedding night

Oh and we wrote our own vows to, have no idea what we said now though.
It certainly seems to be - mine was on the M8 whilst driving from Edinburgh to our friends house in Glasgow on the evening of June 21st, the longest day - he was driving, pulled out the ring box (yes the ring was in it)and I said if you get down on one knee now, there will be no wedding!
big white (well ivory) wedding 14 months later - 2 kids and an immigration under our belts - been together 16 years
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

MrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really nice

Me: They won't give me insurance through the pregnancy - I told them you are European but they don't care 'cause we aren't married!
Him: We're going to have to do that then.

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:52 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Doing a BTA involves either a long distance relationship or getting wed. Not the most romantic reason but the location of the proposal was absolutely stunning - the Roque de los Muchachos. A five week engagement (no ring) was followed by a quick trip to the register office a two minute walk from our flat. Job done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.