Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How did Canada become uncool?

How did Canada become uncool?

Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:29 am
Just Joined

warmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nicewarmrobby is just really nice
Unhappy Re: How did Canada become uncool?

I would rather say that being in Canada since early last year,it is not that it's not cool,it's simply a different kind of country then most of us are used to....if you have been and lived here long enough.

This country is relaxed,as I will say of it's people. Too relaxed to riot over tax hikes but not relaxed enough to riot over a lost hockey game.

I notice that when it comes to politics,people will complain but actually allow the government here to do as they wish when they wish.

Canadian television is horrid as far as imagination and content is concerned.

It seems to me from being here just a bit over a year that Canada is really heading along a path of being a seperated American state....
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:13 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did Canada become uncool?

Originally Posted by johnh009
Do you think that this does not happen in Canada, i.e. sponsorship scandal, Ontario online health registry, etc? The sponsorship scandal just about brought down the Martin government.
To add to that, the Brian Mulroney cash for questions money in an envelope, and his answer that "yes I took the money, but it was a gift and not related to sponsorship deals"...Right
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:05 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that when it comes to politics,people will complain but actually allow the government here to do as they wish when they wish.

It seems to me from being here just a bit over a year that Canada is really heading along a path of being a seperated American state....

Would you please provide examples to indicate truth of these two statements and where the first statement is different as to what happens elsewhere.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:58 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warmrobby
I would rather say that being in Canada since early last year,it is not that it's not cool,it's simply a different kind of country then most of us are used to....if you have been and lived here long enough.

This country is relaxed,as I will say of it's people. Too relaxed to riot over tax hikes but not relaxed enough to riot over a lost hockey game.

Canadian television is horrid as far as imagination and content is concerned.

Er, that is how democratically elected government works. MPs are not delegates; they are representatives. Government has a mandate to act as is sees best. If people don't like it, they vote for someone else at the next election. This why the Tories got slaughtered in the 1997 UK election, why Labour got a kicking last time, and why the Liberals and Bloc got blown to pieces here a few months ago.