Hot Dogs, part two.

Old May 10th 2013, 1:53 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Dogs, part two.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I assure you that in France no such abomination exists.
Originally Posted by Oink
They do and I've eaten them there.

So, which of you two "guys" is prevaricating?
Old May 10th 2013, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

There are just too many choices regarding hot dogs and condiments to go with them its enough to make ones head explode.
All beef, turkey, tofu and veggie, regular sausage, polish sausage or bratwurst or even a smoke dog.
Which brand and what size 6" or foot long or somewhere in between.
What type of bun ie white, whole wheat, italian roll or portugese roll.
Ketchup, mustard BBQ sauce relish, onions raw or fried, saurkraut, cheese fresh or processed out of a squirt bottle, mayonnaise.
How many beers have you had before deciding to make a dog will also influence your decision on what goes on it. Single or double dog?
Have your hosts cheaped out on the type of dog and bun or are they trying to impress. Paper or china plate. Cutlery or just holding it in your hands.
God forbid someone starts a Hamburger thread.
Old May 10th 2013, 2:25 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
There are just too many choices regarding hot dogs and condiments to go with them its enough to make ones head explode.
All beef, turkey, tofu and veggie, regular sausage, polish sausage or bratwurst or even a smoke dog.
Which brand and what size 6" or foot long or somewhere in between.
What type of bun ie white, whole wheat, italian roll or portugese roll.
Ketchup, mustard BBQ sauce relish, onions raw or fried, saurkraut, cheese fresh or processed out of a squirt bottle, mayonnaise.
How many beers have you had before deciding to make a dog will also influence your decision on what goes on it. Single or double dog?
Have your hosts cheaped out on the type of dog and bun or are they trying to impress. Paper or china plate. Cutlery or just holding it in your hands.
God forbid someone starts a Hamburger thread.
I sense that you are never stuck for questions to ask when some tired hapless sod turns up at the border waiting to be waved through
Old May 10th 2013, 2:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
So, which of you two "guys" is prevaricating?
Probably Novo, but I have no evidence to back it up, never having been to France. In Old Mexico they had bicycle carts selling hotdogs and sandwiches. The 'tortas' were ham or chicken with onions and tomato and avocado on fresh buns like kaisers. The hotdogs, give me a sec, the hotdogs were a challenge even for me and I have the digestive tract of a black bear. They were bright orange like the orange on a Flyers jersey, and it was impossible to tell what sort of meat it was. The incongruity of those wonderful fresh sandwiches side by side with...... Two nuns stop at a hotdog stand and buy some. One looks in the bun, throws the works into the trash, and asks her companion, "What part of the dog did you get?"
Old May 10th 2013, 2:30 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Probably Novo, but I have no evidence to back it up, never having been to France. In Old Mexico they had bicycle carts selling hotdogs and sandwiches. The 'tortas' were ham or chicken with onions and tomato and avocado on fresh buns like kaisers. The hotdogs, give me a sec, the hotdogs were a challenge even for me and I have the digestive tract of a black bear. They were bright orange like the orange on a Flyers jersey, and it was impossible to tell what sort of meat it was. The incongruity of those wonderful fresh sandwiches side by side with...... Two nuns stop at a hotdog stand and buy some. One looks in the bun, throws the works into the trash, and asks her companion, "What part of the dog did you get?"
Does this answer your question:

http://www.auchan.fr/mini-hot-dogs-d.../achat4/345742

Streets stands sell hot dogs too, though as Oink said, often in baguette.
Old May 10th 2013, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

BBQ sauce if it's there, green relish (it's nice Oink) and that bright yellow mustard.

Ketchup if no bbq sauce.

I will never be able to look at a hotdog the same and not think of Jings description... thanks for that...
Old May 10th 2013, 2:33 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
BBQ sauce if it's there, green relish (it's nice Oink) and that bright yellow mustard.

Ketchup if no bbq sauce.

I will never be able to look at a hotdog the same and not think of Jings description... thanks for that...
He did you a favour, seriously he did!
Old May 10th 2013, 2:48 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
They were bright orange like the orange on a Flyers jersey
What's that in English, please?
Old May 10th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

All food should be deep fried in batter...
Old May 10th 2013, 3:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
So that's a corn-dog for you then is it?

Old May 10th 2013, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by siouxie
So that's a corn-dog for you then is it?

Just googled what that is - definitely not enough batter on one of them...
Old May 10th 2013, 4:28 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Including Mars Bars !
Old May 10th 2013, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Including Mars Bars !
Absolutely - although those with a more refined palate prefer the deep fried creme egg...
Old May 10th 2013, 5:27 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
What's that in English, please?
Flyers jersey isn't quite right, they were sort of pumpkin coloured, or google texas longhorns jersey and scroll down.... with just a touch of the orange on a nice new extension chord. I likely finished it too, can't remember, but the tortas were excellent and you could have salsa or mayo, top notch street food.
Nobody's mentioned Vienna sausages yet, they're more like our weiners than European (or German) weiners are.
Ps: I am leaving now for Commercial Drive to get some sausage from JN'nZs Deli, best pepperoni ever. Without preordering they'll only sell me $20 worth at a time so I'll go tomorrow too.

Last edited by caretaker; May 10th 2013 at 5:34 am.
Old May 10th 2013, 9:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Does this answer your question:

http://www.auchan.fr/mini-hot-dogs-d.../achat4/345742

Streets stands sell hot dogs too, though as Oink said, often in baguette.
Since you're so good at googling, now figure out what "volaille" means.

I've never seen a hot dog stand in France (although plenty of sausage stands in the markets). If Oink spends his time in France searching for such things well, good for him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.