Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:37 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Originally Posted by Shard
They look legit from the website, but you should give them an earful if you ever get a chance to speak to them.
Take it from someone who works in web design, a legit looking website is no guarantee of a legit business.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:27 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjones
Take it from someone who works in web design, a legit looking website is no guarantee of a legit business.
Yes true. Probably a case of me engaging keyboard before brain. It happens. (Although extremely rarely!)
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

distox is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined today. I wanted to add that I have been waiting many weeks for some Palliser chairs. No one seems to answer the phones. Please wait, then nothing for hours...
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by distox
Just joined today. I wanted to add that I have been waiting many weeks for some Palliser chairs. No one seems to answer the phones. Please wait, then nothing for hours...
It actually took a while for someone to appear in the showroom when I went in person, if you had told me exactly what you had all ordered I probably could have lifted it before anybody even knew I was there. I may have struggled with the chairs though!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=HGerchikov;10590361]It actually took a while for someone to appear in the showroom when I went in person, ...QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. So the place is still opened. When was the last time you went?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

1974nelson is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you please ask them why don't answer the phone or emails........does it look like the place is going out of business. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=distox;10590426]
Originally Posted by HGerchikov
It actually took a while for someone to appear in the showroom when I went in person, ...QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. So the place is still opened. When was the last time you went?
I went in there on Monday to chase down the order from the OP, they found a record of his order and his emails and promised to send him an email with an update - last I heard he hasn't received one. The area I went in looked more like a warehouse than a showroom, it was not well stocked but may be the area they use to place items ready for delivery. It is difficult to judge whether business was going under or just badly run, when I asked why they hadn't responded to emails they said that they were swamped with orders and so had fallen behind. Incidentally they also said that they should only charge your credit card when the ETA of the item you ordered is less than a week - not the experience of the OP though.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:02 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjones
Yeah, it's these people

http://5z8.info/malicious-cookie_a6n...-personal-data
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:50 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
They don't seem to do too well with customer service as the OP is finding out.

See here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Higher_Definition

Reseller Ratings is a reasonably good resource when online shopping, mostly U.S. based but obviously has some Canadian reviews.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:20 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a bit naughty, but you could always see if H2 Systems can help you out. Always had great service and support from them. Clinton is a great guy and very friendly.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:14 am
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing from these people yet. So I'm fed up and I start looking for help from the gubbmint and here it is:

Ontario Ministry Of Consumer Services

To anyone with the same problem I encourage you to join in, read the website carefully, and write these clowns a letter including the provided gubbmint "notice of complaint" letter in the link. It's worth a shot anyway.

Last edited by Bleepedy Bloops; Mar 10th 2013 at 4:22 am.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Well, count me in! I just sent them an email with a demand of refund. If they don't comply within 5 days, then I'll contact my credit card company and do the Ministry thing. Thank you for that link!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:26 am
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1974nelson
Hi there feeling your pain order my amp on Sunday March 3th and can't get a hold of these guys, I have talked with them over the phone before not sure what's happening please let me know if you hear anything I will post if I get through to them. Thanks
The letter writing seemed to have worked as they have finally decided to contact me through email and apologize profusely and provide me with a tracking number, so the goods are finally on the way.

Along with outlining the various ways in which they have pissed me off...I threatened them with sending a copy of the letter I wrote to the Ontario consumer thingy and I think that may have inspired them.

So I encourage others to do the same, write them a letter threatening same and send it via registered mail. I'm sure they want to avoid getting a call from the government after several complaints where filed against them.

Good luck....jeez.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Ericc is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like I made a really dumb mistake last week-end by ordering an Elite Screen projector screen from these guys...After a quick net search and having found nothing good or bad about Higher Definition I decided to proceed with my order I know stupid me... I since then have found this thread among other things and now understand that I most probably will never receive anything from these guys and if I do it will take a long long time...

Any updates from any of you guys having dealt with Higher Definition?

Bleepedy Bloops did you end up receiving your sub as expected?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:08 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ericc
Bleepedy Bloops did you end up receiving your sub as expected?
Yes it finally arrived, straight from the factory as described. All they really needed to do was to send me a single email explaining there would be a two week delay while they order in the speaker...it would have cleared things up immensely.

btw the Q400 subwoofer sounds beautiful with my KEF Q100s

Last edited by Bleepedy Bloops; Mar 19th 2013 at 11:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.