Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Ericc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Higher Definition Home Theatre store in Oakville: Anyone ever been?

Good to hear, I was getting a little worried as pretty much everything I have found thus far about these guys has been rather negative.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:55 am
Just Joined

distox is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloops, I am glad you got your sub! Ericc, I wish you the best of luck! I still have not heard from them and my case is now in the hands of the credit card company.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:01 am
Just Joined

distox I wish you the best of luck as well, it sure seems like these people are running a shady business down there...
Old Mar 29th 2013, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Well, here is an update. According to an email I just got from them, Higher Definition has officially ceased operations. They also said to contact my credit card company for a chargeback.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:52 am
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by distox
Well, here is an update. According to an email I just got from them, Higher Definition has officially ceased operations. They also said to contact my credit card company for a chargeback.
Damn.

..and yet there's no mention of this on their website.

Last edited by Bleepedy Bloops; Mar 29th 2013 at 4:54 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

CVFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ericc
Good to hear, I was getting a little worried as pretty much everything I have found thus far about these guys has been rather negative.
WARNING!!!
To everyone considering ordering from Higher Definition in Oakville Ontario.
Please order from HD if you like the following:
- Call the store just to find out that they cannot answer your call.
- Being unable to leave a message when the above occurs.
- E-mail the place and a week later still there is no answer.
- Being told your item ETA is 3-5 business days and two weeks later you have no means of reaching anyone and find out what is going on and if the item was even ordered in the first place.
- Going in person on a regular business day within the alleged hours of operation just to kiss the door knob because the place is locked up and not a living soul around.

In all honesty it seems the place is going under because no one in their right mind treats customers like that. I basically feel like they have taken my $900.00 and told me to P*** OFF. Maybe they think they are doing us all a huge favor just by being.

Please feel free to comment on that.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2013 at 4:11 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Well I filed a formal complaint to Paypal once Higher Definition refused to answer my emails and a couple of days later my money was refunded to me...I dont know if these guys are still in business or not but I am certainly not going to order from them once again just to find out.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:45 am
Just Joined

friendofafriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Went there today to try to recover $4200 paid by a church in Whitehorse for equipment they never received. Was actually admitted, after buzzing several times. Woman there claimed she couldn't talk to me about the order because I wasn't "with the church" (though I had an authorizing note), then claimed they'd been trying to contact the church - a baldfaced lie. The order was placed Jan. 31. This is outright fraud, and I told her that if I didn't have a refund within 24 hours i will go to the police as well as the ministry of consumer affairs. I urge anyone who has likewise been ripped off to contact Halton Region Police, fraud squad.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by friendofafriend
Went there today to try to recover $4200 paid by a church in Whitehorse for equipment they never received. Was actually admitted, after buzzing several times. Woman there claimed she couldn't talk to me about the order because I wasn't "with the church" (though I had an authorizing note), then claimed they'd been trying to contact the church - a baldfaced lie. The order was placed Jan. 31. This is outright fraud, and I told her that if I didn't have a refund within 24 hours i will go to the police as well as the ministry of consumer affairs. I urge anyone who has likewise been ripped off to contact Halton Region Police, fraud squad.
Which is odd as they were quite happy to talk to me about Bleepedy Bloop's order even though I freely admitted that I didn't really know him, had no clue where he lived or exactly what he had ordered. Just more proof that they have no procedures or systems in place for running the business.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Another update. Well, I am still waiting for my credit card company to do something. In the mean time, just for fun, I called them and someone actually answered. When I inquired about my order, they just said they will send me an email update. Not.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

LT2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to add i just order a elite screen from them. I also didn't recieve shipping date. So I email and called them for three days. No reply on email, they don't answer calls and don't even have a voice mail to leave a message. First time for me to experience such a crappy business.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Welcome to the club I just recently got my money back from my credit card company. It took 3 months for them to process my claim. Don't know if the money came from Higher Definition or from the credit card company.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:51 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking good http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/busines...400/complaints