Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Hi, we're back on line !!!

Hi, we're back on line !!!

Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about
Talking Hi, we're back on line !!!

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a big hi and thanks for all the kind wishes and words of support to us, they mean the world.

The landing/immigration nightmare is now completely sorted and I'm now a permanent resident, thank goodness, was a little around this time too.

OMG What a rollercoaster It's been quite hard as our container arrived in Canada on schedule but due to the CN Rail strike it just sat in Montreal for weeks !! We couldn't do a thing and no-one could tell us when we'd get it.

However we have it now, it arrived Wednesday and all ok, so far, but still can't locate a few things. At first I didn't really miss things as it was like a long holiday but life with only 8 holdalls was hard especially with two kids who missed their toys and clothes. I was making do and some bits we just had to buy, and borrow from new friends. I think the hardest part, besides not having the internet when you wanted it, was the lack of personal items including my family photos

When we unpacked it was like all our birthdays had come at once, and Megan and Joshua truly thought it was Christmas, their little faces were a picture.

So we're here and back on-line, we've bought a web cam as my plan was to be up and running in time for Mother's Day so we can chat and see our families.

All I would say is that there are hiccups along the way sometimes but the end goal is well worth the stress.

I've had some great advice from BE folk out here, you know who you are , and their words of support have helped on the low days to see the good in it all and a light at the end of the tunnel. A couple of bad days are nothing in a lifetime when you consider the enormity of the move.

I have loads of posts to catch up on and we look forward to hearing all your news and how your individual journeys are progressing.

Bye for now

Elli and Paul
Old Mar 16th 2007, 11:37 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, we're back on line !!!

Glad your feeling a bit more settled now your shipment has arrived. We were about 9 weeks without our things but our kids are a wee bit older and don't need the same toys around as the little ones. You're right, in the grand scheme of things, that few weeks are not so bad after all.

Your families will be glad to see you all on the webcam too. You must have felt lost without your pc.

Welcome to Canada
Old Mar 17th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elli and Paul
Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a big hi and thanks for all the kind wishes and words of support to us, they mean the world.

The landing/immigration nightmare is now completely sorted and I'm now a permanent resident, thank goodness, was a little around this time too.

OMG What a rollercoaster It's been quite hard as our container arrived in Canada on schedule but due to the CN Rail strike it just sat in Montreal for weeks !! We couldn't do a thing and no-one could tell us when we'd get it.

However we have it now, it arrived Wednesday and all ok, so far, but still can't locate a few things. At first I didn't really miss things as it was like a long holiday but life with only 8 holdalls was hard especially with two kids who missed their toys and clothes. I was making do and some bits we just had to buy, and borrow from new friends. I think the hardest part, besides not having the internet when you wanted it, was the lack of personal items including my family photos

When we unpacked it was like all our birthdays had come at once, and Megan and Joshua truly thought it was Christmas, their little faces were a picture.

So we're here and back on-line, we've bought a web cam as my plan was to be up and running in time for Mother's Day so we can chat and see our families.

All I would say is that there are hiccups along the way sometimes but the end goal is well worth the stress.

I've had some great advice from BE folk out here, you know who you are , and their words of support have helped on the low days to see the good in it all and a light at the end of the tunnel. A couple of bad days are nothing in a lifetime when you consider the enormity of the move.

I have loads of posts to catch up on and we look forward to hearing all your news and how your individual journeys are progressing.

Bye for now

Elli and Paul
hi hun

have pm'd u

Gay
x
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:48 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back you guys, its greeeeeaaaattttt getting your stuff back, it was like Xmas all over again for us as well, the kids had a ball going through all the opened boxes again

Welcome to Canada

Eddie
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Welcome back you guys, its greeeeeaaaattttt getting your stuff back, it was like Xmas all over again for us as well, the kids had a ball going through all the opened boxes again

Welcome to Canada

Eddie
Yeah its amazing the attachment you have to certain items. It was nice when our stuff arrived too.

Welcome to the other side Elli and Paul.

It sounds like you had a nightmare landing.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys - nice to hear from you again - glad it's all finally slotting into place - what a nightmare - I bet you keep checking your PR card don't you?!

How's Paul getting on? My hubby starts with CPS in July - somewhat dreading doing all that training again in many ways !

So, a large glass is raised in your direction (again) (mind you, it is a bit early, but hey ho) and here's to a smoother life in Edmonton from now on. Cheers!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 8:34 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Glad your all safe and well, hope to hear more about your new life.

Emma
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:56 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elli & Paul
Great to hear that you are getting settled now. Hopefully Kent will be losing a couple more of its population soon now that we have our VISAs!!!
All the best
Flossie
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Hi Elli & Paul
Great to hear that you are getting settled now. Hopefully Kent will be losing a couple more of its population soon now that we have our VISAs!!!
All the best
Flossie
Oh Floss

Congrats to you and jim

Gay
x
Old Mar 18th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Hi Elli & Paul
All the best
Flossie
Great news Flossie so pleased for you
Old Mar 18th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Glad the immigrations problem is finally sorted out!!!!

We have just got the keys to the house, so I will ring you soon!!!

Linda
XX
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda P

Linda
XX
AHEM!!!!!

Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Linda P
Hi there,

Glad the immigrations problem is finally sorted out!!!!

Linda
XX
Great news Linda

Debbie did mention that the move was coming soon. Hope that your house will become a happy home.

Elli
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
AHEM!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
AHEM!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.