Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

He's baaaaccckkkk.....

He's baaaaccckkkk.....

Old May 7th 2014, 5:44 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: He's baaaaccckkkk.....

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
So, do the assembled sages of BE think that Ford is actually in a rehab program? Everything that has been said or written about the supposed "football camp" atmosphere, his outbound phonecalls to colleagues and constituents, even a media interview, all scream that this is not a man serious about getting himself sorted out.

One comment from somebody even more cynical than myself suggested that he's running short of campaign cash and this is a really good way to step away from the election campaign for a couple of months to save money.

Whatever's going on, if he's not in a proper program then he's insulting not only the voters, but all those who are, really, facing the demons of their own addiction. I don't want to know where he is, but some independent (i.e. not his brother's) corroboration that he is actually undergoing inpatient treatment would help to clarify the situation...

Magnum, can't you do a bit of unpaid freelance work and track him down for us?
I thought his brother was about to dump him and go for the Mayors job himself.
Old May 7th 2014, 5:50 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I thought his brother was about to dump him and go for the Mayors job himself.
Doug Ford, the Enabler-in-Chief?

I've seen some commentary that has picked up on the precise wording of Rob Ford's statement last week. He didn't explicitly say that he was going to check in to a rehab facility. He has (once again) allowed his brother to make explicit claims on his behalf - some suggest this will give him "you didn't ask the right questions"-style plausible deniability when it turns out he's been at a weight-loss camp instead of an addiction rehab centre.

I don't know whether Doug is dropping Rob, or is it Rob that's dropping Doug in the smelly stuff? Either way, what a lovely example of brotherly love and support. Nice family, not.
Old May 7th 2014, 6:03 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm skeptical on whether or not he's in rehab. I suspect, as you said Oakvillian, he's playing some bullsh*t technicality.

For example. He's saying he's in rehab, and we are all assuming he's in the typical locked-down cut-off-from-the-world-except-family type of rehab we all generally think of.

He's probably in something that's more like a "halfway house" - lots more freedoms and much less strict, and he's calling it "rehab".

As for Doug... http://i.imgur.com/1lZzYS8.jpg *shudder*
Old May 7th 2014, 6:06 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

According to sources he never made it to the US. He is in re-hab, but know not where ??

Any guesses? Maybe at a Niagara winery, or in his garden shed making more bobble heads
Old May 7th 2014, 6:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

So, do the assembled sages of BE think that Ford is actually in a rehab program? Everything that has been said or written about the supposed "football camp" atmosphere, his outbound phonecalls to colleagues and constituents, even a media interview, all scream that this is not a man serious about getting himself sorted out.

One comment from somebody even more cynical than myself suggested that he's running short of campaign cash and this is a really good way to step away from the election campaign for a couple of months to save money.

Whatever's going on, if he's not in a proper program then he's insulting not only the voters, but all those who are, really, facing the demons of their own addiction. I don't want to know where he is, but some independent (i.e. not his brother's) corroboration that he is actually undergoing inpatient treatment would help to clarify the situation...

Magnum, can't you do a bit of unpaid freelance work and track him down for us?
Really? Why take it so personally? Is he really being held up as a beacon of moral or immoral leadership? Either vote for the fat twat or don't vote for the fat twat. Simples.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:17 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Really? Why take it so personally? Is he really being held up as a beacon of moral or immoral leadership? Either vote for the fat twat or don't vote for the fat twat. Simples.
I'm not taking it personally at all - in fact, even if I were allowed to vote in Canada, as a dweller in the outer suburbs I wouldn't be able to vote in the Toronto election.

I was simply pointing out that taking the piss out of claims to be in rehab is possibly really quite insulting to anybody who has actually been through a rehab process. From everything I've heard, it's a harrowing, humbling, painful experience, and for somebody to call it "fun" and compare it to a football camp is pretty much taking the piss.

He is expecting the voting public to sympathise, forgive, and vote for him. I don't think it has anything to do with being held up as a beacon of moral or immoral leadership, but lying through your teeth and then blaming everyone else for not asking the right questions is pretty poor form even for as shallow a profession as municipal politics. Shame on Ford Nation for being so naive and gullible, I suppose...
Old May 7th 2014, 7:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not taking it personally at all - in fact, even if I were allowed to vote in Canada, as a dweller in the outer suburbs I wouldn't be able to vote in the Toronto election.

I was simply pointing out that taking the piss out of claims to be in rehab is possibly really quite insulting to anybody who has actually been through a rehab process. From everything I've heard, it's a harrowing, humbling, painful experience, and for somebody to call it "fun" and compare it to a football camp is pretty much taking the piss.

He is expecting the voting public to sympathise, forgive, and vote for him. I don't think it has anything to do with being held up as a beacon of moral or immoral leadership, but lying through your teeth and then blaming everyone else for not asking the right questions is pretty poor form even for as shallow a profession as municipal politics. Shame on Ford Nation for being so naive and gullible, I suppose...
I agree, he's a disgusting person and if I could vote in the Toronto elections I would vote for him in a millisecond. I voted for McCain/Palin for President and would vote for her for President for similar reasons of hilarity.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:39 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I agree, he's a disgusting person and if I could vote in the Toronto elections I would vote for him in a millisecond. I voted for McCain/Palin for President and would vote for her for President for similar reasons of hilarity.
Please surrender your US passport at the earliest opportunity.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Quite agree with this. Everyone with an IQ of 50 or higher knows this is an "uh-oh, I might lose the election" stunt, and it is insulting. Hate the fat ****ing **** with every bone in body.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Quite agree with this. Everyone with an IQ of 50 or higher knows this is an "uh-oh, I might lose the election" stunt, and it is insulting. Hate the fat ****ing **** with every bone in body.
Now Mike, you know what happened the last time you lost your self control.

Welcome back, BTW.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Now Mike, you know what happened the last time you lost your self control.

Welcome back, BTW.
Not pretty ...
Ah thank you, and cheers Novo. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Not pretty ...
Ah thank you, and cheers Novo. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
As are you, sir. Any chance you can be at the Yard on June 20th?
Old May 9th 2014, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As are you, sir. Any chance you can be at the Yard on June 20th?
On it like a car bonnet
Old May 16th 2014, 8:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently this isn't over yet: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/05...own-residents/