Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL

hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL

Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:48 am
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice
Default Re: hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL

Originally Posted by Morwenna
It's getting kinda deep here now...... The auld dog keeps going out and burrowing into it! .... the soccer ball on the lawn has disappeared.

Not showing any sign of stopping, and set to continue until Tuesday (I think!)

Ohhhhhh your so lucky. Were just having to deal with drizzle, dampness and more grey clouds and drizzle.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

well have woken up this morning and it is still snowing here in the cowichan valley...unheard of for this time of year...brrrrr
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Snowing in Kelowna too.....
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Snowing in Kelowna too.....
Gosh it is awful here as well...oh no hang on it is gloriously sunny and warm here today with temps expected to be in the high teens later in the week....ahh life in Nova Scotia is GREAT!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ann m

By the way - at what point should I expect to see some movement or sightings from all the new spring bulbs that were put in last year. Might they make an appearance before, oh, I don't know - say June?!
My tulip bulbs had all just started sprouting and the first leaves were about an inch tall - that was until last night. Now they are covered in at least a foot of snow, so whether they will carry on growing is another matter
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to all

The TV channels were all on the blink for ages yesterday evening, then when I went to bed I thought I'd left the window open it was so cold - I looked out and SNOW!!!

It's melting now tho'
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:44 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
I'm so over snow.
Me too .......... I know why I chose BC (wot rain? )
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Well, so far here its gorgeous. The Environment Canada site now says 19 for tomorrow but 40% chance of snow on Monday and Tuesday. The Weather Network forecast does not include snow any day. So I will go by that one!

And before anyone asks - that is the frame to a trampoline. And the dead patches are where my golden peed all winter. It looks terrible right now but it grows back really quickly.
Attached Thumbnails hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL-dscn5167.jpg   hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL-april-18-tyson.jpg  
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Morwenna
It's getting kinda deep here now...... The auld dog keeps going out and burrowing into it! .... the soccer ball on the lawn has disappeared.

Not showing any sign of stopping, and set to continue until Tuesday (I think!)
My dog wouldnt go down the stairs on the deck cos it was too deep at the bottom, poor thing wouldnt have been able to see.

You actually cant see our front porch area cos we're in a culdesac and out house is the little wind tunnel area and have about 4 ft of snow piled up in there, we're always the ones where the snow wont melt on our drive cos its deeper than everyone else, we get everyones share i think :curse:

Lets get it all over with now so that May wll be super nice - thats my theory
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Our deck and the front of our house this morning - now nothing but sunshine and blue skies - that's Calgary for you
Attached Thumbnails hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL-calgary-spring-2008.jpg   hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL-calgary-spring-2008g.jpg  
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:08 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

It's 22 degress in TO.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:09 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Well Mrs Mini

I havent got any yet on the south side of town - maybe it will bypass us
haha didnt miss you for long

hahaaa it is snowing here in april....LOL-dsc01172.jpg

Had a go on driving as well, that was fun
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:07 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

It is a-snowing not in Ottawa.

+20C at 7pm - I it! Had the season's first icecream earlier today, and then a cold beer when I got home from work - life doesn't get much better!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:54 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
It's 22 degress in TO.
Oi!! Don't rub it in
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:07 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in shorts and bare feet since last Thursday and I've already started to tan.

Amazing how quickly all the snow melted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.