Guitar Mad People

Old Feb 9th 2019, 5:33 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
That's a real variety of genres. I love Travelling Wilburys. The guitar work of Mike Campbell on those albums is fantastic. As, of course, was his work in the Heartbreakers!

ha ha yeh we have a few different minds in the band. The Variax deals with every genre without any issues
Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 18th 2019, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Originally Posted by caretaker
And he had just finished learning "When The Levee Breaks"
Old Mar 18th 2019, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
That is surely shocking. Why couldn't she take a couple of them?
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:30 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she is grabbing an Amp or two to follow
Old Jul 30th 2019, 7:12 pm

Looking back when I started this thread, end of 2017, I had picked up the guitar after many many years of not playing, not that I could play much anyhow, just strum a few chords and pick a few partial songs, never really playing a.full song :@/

well at the weekend I played my first Gig, with the guys who I jam with Wends eves. Was my works BBQ so a friendly crowd, and we did two sets, from pinball wizard to Brain Damage finishing of with Highway to Hell.
So now I have Another tick in the book of life

i am white tee in pic
Old Jul 30th 2019, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi

Looking back when I started this thread, end of 2017, I had picked up the guitar after many many years of not playing, not that I could play much anyhow, just strum a few chords and pick a few partial songs, never really playing a.full song :@/

well at the weekend I played my first Gig, with the guys who I jam with Wends eves. Was my works BBQ so a friendly crowd, and we did two sets, from pinball wizard to Brain Damage finishing of with Highway to Hell.
So now I have Another tick in the book of life

i am white tee in pic
Cool

How did you find the transition from practising sitting down to playing standing up?
Old Jul 30th 2019, 8:14 pm

Cool

How did you find the transition from practising sitting down to playing standing up?

Only a guitarist would ask that question lol

Thats was my biggest fear when I started jamming, we started using a rehearsal studio, I said I use a chair/stool.

but I eventually got the hang of standing up and playing. I set the strap so the guitar wasn’t resting on my knee seated, after that it wasn’t so bad to transition
Old Jul 30th 2019, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only a guitarist would ask that question lol

Thats was my biggest fear when I started jamming, we started using a rehearsal studio, I said I use a chair/stool.

but I eventually got the hang of standing up and playing. I set the strap so the guitar wasn’t resting on my knee seated, after that it wasn’t so bad to transition
Fantastic!

I know that the received wisdom was to ensure that you play in the same position sat down, as stood up, but I could never make it work.

When sat down, I like to play with the neck almost parallel with the floor whereas, when stood up, my neck is a lot steeper to the floor. In the end, I just learned how to play with a much steeper neck which makes barre chords much easier.

This reminds me, I purchased a semi hollow recently so a new piccie is required. Will have to remember to do so when I get home.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here it is
Old Jul 30th 2019, 10:33 pm

Fantastic!

I know that the received wisdom was to ensure that you play in the same position sat down, as stood up, but I could never make it work.

When sat down, I like to play with the neck almost parallel with the floor whereas, when stood up, my neck is a lot steeper to the floor. In the end, I just learned how to play with a much steeper neck which makes barre chords much easier.

This reminds me, I purchased a semi hollow recently so a new piccie is required. Will have to remember to do so when I get home.
also depends on guitar used, I am using my Variax which is a skinny light guitar, I can now stand n play other larger guitars but it’s best to start small I recon
Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here it is
Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:59 am

Here it is
very nice looks just like mine except for the logo on the head stock.

I find that when you need to play loud, with enough volume to be heard over a drummer amp choice comes into play.

When I was only practicing alone, my little Vox VTX was good enough, but crank that up to full and it won’t make headway over a drummer. My go to amp now is a Traynor 40w Tube amp, has the same tone as a Vox AC30 at half the price and takes pedals nicely
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

very nice looks just like mine except for the logo on the head stock.

I find that when you need to play loud, with enough volume to be heard over a drummer amp choice comes into play.

When I was only practicing alone, my little Vox VTX was good enough, but crank that up to full and it won’t make headway over a drummer. My go to amp now is a Traynor 40w Tube amp, has the same tone as a Vox AC30 at half the price and takes pedals nicely
It is a used Epiphone Dot. I didn't know how I would get on with a semi-hollow so I didn't want to go for a Gibson as, around here, the prices of them are crazy and experience has taught me that they are not always of the best quality.

I almost purchased a new Epiphone Sheraton II and, as I have got on well with the Dot, I wished that I had pulled the trigger now.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:21 pm

It is a used Epiphone Dot. I didn't know how I would get on with a semi-hollow so I didn't want to go for a Gibson as, around here, the prices of them are crazy and experience has taught me that they are not always of the best quality.

I almost purchased a new Epiphone Sheraton II and, as I have got on well with the Dot, I wished that I had pulled the trigger now.
Ah ok, I just saw the Gib truss rod plate, yeh Gibson is overpriced for sure, mine is a DOT replica kinda thing, is a red Peavey, and with a good setup it plays nice.

i have a Gibson Les Paul, but it’s nothing special IMO. The best guitar is one you can play well, no one asked me what make my guitar was at the the gig, no one asked about my amp, they just said “when you guys back on again” lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.