Guitar Mad People

Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:50 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guitar Mad People

Anyone play guitar, or learning, or just collect guitars because they look good?

I have a few and a 1/2 decent Peavey Amp. I just play enough to get me into trouble, mostly Floyd stuff, some Hip and the odd AC/DC and Metallica riff

Have an electrified acoustic, a Fender Squire Strat and a recently refurbished Vintage Hondo 1986 solid body Les Paul copy, man that one sounds good, twin hum buckers give an awesome sound.

Anyone, any pics of your treasures? I will add a pic when I get home.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Anyone play guitar...
Does air guitar count?

I actually used to use an old walking stick. The crook handle would 'hook' into my pocket.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:49 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I have a number and a number of amps

Two Fender strats, two Gibson Les Pauls and a couple of acoustics.

They are all on the walls in the basement, with the exception of an Epiphone Les Paul that I keep in my office for when I am bored.

My main amp is a Fender Bassbreaker and I have more pedals than I know how to deal with.

My credit card wobbles every time I go near my local guitar store.

If you wish to improve, or simply learn how to play any number of songs, this guy is my go to man: https://www.justinguitar.com/

I am at the office at the moment, so this is the only one I can provide a picture for. (Edit: site won't allow me to upload it)
I know what you mean about buying stuffs, Resist !!

I will look at that web page when I get home, looks good, I mostly use you tube and Tab from Ultimate Guitar dot com.

Be sure to add some pics laters :@)
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I have a number and a number of amps

Two Fender strats, two Gibson Les Pauls and a couple of acoustics.

They are all on the walls in the basement, with the exception of an Epiphone Les Paul that I keep in my office for when I am bored.

My main amp is a Fender Bassbreaker and I have more pedals than I know how to deal with.

My credit card wobbles every time I go near my local guitar store.

If you wish to improve, or simply learn how to play any number of songs, this guy is my go to man: https://www.justinguitar.com/

I am at the office at the moment, so this is the only one I can provide a picture for.
Attached Thumbnails Guitar Mad People-office-guitar.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about buying stuffs, Resist !!

I will look at that web page when I get home, looks good, I mostly use you tube and Tab from Ultimate Guitar dot com.

Be sure to add some pics laters :@)
Sacrilege. One can never have enough guitars.

I have promised myself that, once I can play Nothing Else Matters, using a looper and performing all the parts (as best as one can with a looper) I will buy myself a Fender Telecaster (yellow). It's not that hard a song but I haven't got round to doing so yet. (worked out the intro and the solo but not the middle bit)
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:08 pm

Sacrilege. One can never have enough guitars.

I have promised myself that, once I can play Nothing Else Matters, using a looper and performing all the parts (as best as one can with a looper) I will buy myself a Fender Telecaster (yellow). It's not that hard a song but I haven't got round to doing so yet. (worked out the intro and the solo but not the middle bit)
Great to have a goal

i like to play first half of Pink Floyd's brain-damage then follow by Us and them then I play the start of In the flesh, and follow on with the first part of The Wall, that works for me !! Also learning shit loads more but I forget the chord progressions the next day lol

I def need most of my stuff written down that's for sure

Currently learning Pigs three different ones, inspired by going to see Roger Waters

Then i go to sleep and dream I am this good:

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 6th 2017 at 3:15 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great to have a goal

i like to play first half of Pink Floyd's brain-damage then follow by Us and them then I play the start of In the flesh, and follow on with the first part of The Wall, that works for me !! Also learning shit loads more but I forget the chord progressions the next day lol

I def need most of my stuff written down that's for sure

Currently learning Pigs three different ones, inspired by going to see Roger Waters

Then i go to sleep and dream I am this good:

https://youtu.be/wukNgS4oCYM
I hate the way good guitar players make it look so effortless.

I only play about an hour a day, which is nowhere near enough to get good. I wish I had started when I was a kid. All those hours with so little to do!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:43 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Guitar mad, but only as a listener. Also bass mad and drum mad. The more I think about it, generally mad!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:13 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for a Gretsch White Falcon or an original solid body late '50s Burns Bison, the cherry red one. Oh happy days.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shard
Guitar mad, but only as a listener. Also bass mad and drum mad. The more I think about it, generally mad!
I have a drum kit too.

I have thought about buying a bass, a Uke and mandolin, but I wouldn't want my wife to have to consult with a local divorce lawyer.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I have a drum kit too.

I have thought about buying a bass, a Uke and mandolin, but I wouldn't want my wife to have to consult with a local divorce lawyer.
She needs to join the band!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:46 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Cort electric acoustic and a lovely Peavey semi-acoustic, with a small Vox amp. Totally rubbish but I enjoy making a racket.

I've recently been trying to get the hang of open E tuning, trying the Keith Richards sounds... Honky Tonk Women is a great tune.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:52 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I have a ukulele. Does that count? It is bright orange, if that helps...

I'd love to learn guitar, but don't have the time to practise properly. The uke is easier to get to a point where you can accompany a campfire song, I reckoned. I also have a didgeridoo, which I am getting reasonably good at - had the circular-breathing thing licked a while ago, and can now do some of the more complicated rhythmic sounds and barks, as well as the drone.

I don't think I'd get a drum kit past SWMBO, but have asked for a cajon for my next birthday, so we'll see what happens
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:54 pm

I think a Yuke is permissible for this Fred

My amp is a Peavey, I really like it, has a few extras on it, reverb, gain, valve sound and a EQ
Old Oct 6th 2017, 6:05 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I have some earplugs.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.