Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Great things that came from Wales...

Great things that came from Wales...

Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:38 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great things that came from Wales...

Originally Posted by el_richo
My PE teacher at school was Welsh. He used to join us in the showers. I shit you not

Is this a typical Welsh tradition?
Jones the Fiddler?
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:40 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

defo not!!

and we don't all wear wellies!!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
My PE teacher at school was Welsh. He used to join us in the showers. I shit you not

Is this a typical Welsh tradition?
It may be... Our music teacher was Welsh and after he took the boys choir on tour to the UK he had to resign in disgrace and ended up playing piano in a sleazy bar.
He was a very good singer though.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:48 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Jones the Fiddler?
His last name as Tams. He also like Rugby and had a moustache.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JulieLord
Lol.. Do you speak Welsh Lvh76?? where about are you from?
Tipyn bach Julie. My family are all from and first language Welsh but I grew up in lovely Wrexham which is almost England. I lived in Cardiff for 12 years though. Love that city
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Meant to say 'my family are all from Portmadog'
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

That's my dad
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:01 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

I worked in the Welsh Government for years in Cardiff and my hubby is a Cardiff boy.

We now live in the valley, where I was born and bred

I love Wales, but am soooo looking forward to getting to Canada

Good to meet you and the rest of the members on here!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JulieLord
I worked in the Welsh Government for years in Cardiff and my hubby is a Cardiff boy.

We now live in the valley, where I was born and bred

I love Wales, but am soooo looking forward to getting to Canada

Good to meet you and the rest of the members on here!
I've never been to Aberdare but I love valley people. Salt of the earth and usually very funny. Good luck with your move over here xx
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:09 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by Lvh76
I've never been to Aberdare but I love valley people. Salt of the earth and usually very funny. Good luck with your move over here xx

That's us

Thanks very much...
Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Seedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant future

Its a Welsh party, although I am not Welsh (NE England), my wife is from Wrexham, well Caergwrle. Lived down here for a few years, just counting down the remaining years until we may go to Canada!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:34 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by Seedubs
Its a Welsh party, although I am not Welsh (NE England), my wife is from Wrexham, well Caergwrle. Lived down here for a few years, just counting down the remaining years until we may go to Canada!
Hia!

Where are you hoping to move to in Canada??
Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Seedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant futureSeedubs has a brilliant future

We are hoping Fredericton, but we are in the very early stages and lots depends on circumstances when we can and decide to make it happen, in the meantime, I just stalk Canada (as my wife says).
Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:45 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

lol!!

Well I hope it all works out for you and all your dreams come true

We will be going to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan once our Nomination comes through... cannot wait, We're like cats on hot bricks!!

all the best!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

We have not ruled out other areas including Saskatchewan, but its way off yet, my wife is a student nurse, she will not graduate for another year or so and then needs another year experience, but I may get a work transfer.

Anyway good luck to you and I hope your nomination comes through soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.