The Grand Tour

Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:38 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grand Tour

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Huh?
Bloody realistic animated Clarkson driving it then, no wonder it costs a lot to produce the show
Sorry yes, the Aston. I was thinking the Bugatti

Still not enough cars and too much farting on unfunny scripted crap.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:49 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Sorry yes, the Aston. I was thinking the Bugatti

Still not enough cars and too much farting on unfunny scripted crap.
If people want a review of say the Audi S8 plus then they can look at review videos on line. Top Gear wasn't so much a car programme, it was mainly about three blokes interacting and exchanging banter about cars... And life and each other.

Top Gear Mk2 tried to ape this and failed badly as it lacked the three crucial elements. Top Gear was heavily scripted as is the Grand Tour.
At the moment I would agree there has been a shift a bit towards the three of them rather than the cars but it is a new show, give them a chance!

The views on this show are clearly very polarised, I found the Jordan bit very amusing- it wasn't about the cars, that bit was about them- just my opinion though. They talked about the S8 and if you then want more then go test drive it! I skipped the James May bit as it was boring, and had too many cars in it for my liking

The Vulcan piece was way more than 5 minutes Pulaski, if I hadn't got a life I would check... But I have so I won't

Last edited by Stinkypup; Nov 28th 2016 at 3:11 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:48 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
At the moment I would agree there has been a shift a bit towards the three of them rather than the cars but it is a new show, give them a chance!
I'm tempted to suggest that the Beeb had them on a longer leash and this was reflected in the programme success and that Amazon have them under a more control based production team.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:37 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

If last of the summer wine were to make a car show, it would look something like episode 2
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the whole Jordan bit & the Aston piece was classic tg. They need to ditch the faux killing-off-a-star bit though. It was mildly amusing the first time in Ep1 but completely predictable and boring now. What I'm awaiting for is for something like the challenges of buying something for x and doing y. Hopefully that's coming.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:50 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I think the tent around the world is a mistake. It may appeal to folk world wide but not the UK or British audiences. The tent idea could remain, but drag it around the UK.

And stick to reviewing cars FFS not making mini war movies
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:14 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I think the tent around the world is a mistake. It may appeal to folk world wide but not the UK or British audiences. The tent idea could remain, but drag it around the UK.

And stick to reviewing cars FFS not making mini war movies
Amazon isn't spending $160m to appeal to Uk audiences. It has to be a global programme now to provide the return on investment.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:32 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Amazon isn't spending $160m to appeal to Uk audiences. It has to be a global programme now to provide the return on investment.
Pretty much what the BBC did selling it worldwide.

I have no issue with the location of the tent, it's the content I have the issue with
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram
Pretty much what the BBC did selling it worldwide.

I have no issue with the location of the tent, it's the content I have the issue with
But it's hard to get that typical British content that the world craves in a desert
Old Nov 28th 2016, 7:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The 'Grand Tour in a tent' concept is fine; they just need to rediscover what made old new Top Gear so good - three overgrown schoolboys cocking about in cars. Rewatching the older episodes it's very clear which bits were scripted and which bits were spontaneous - the latter being invariably far funnier. Get back to the races and cheap car challenges and they'll be fine.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The 'Grand Tour in a tent' concept is fine; they just need to rediscover what made old new Top Gear so good - three overgrown schoolboys cocking about in cars. Rewatching the older episodes it's very clear which bits were scripted and which bits were spontaneous - the latter being invariably far funnier. Get back to the races and cheap car challenges and they'll be fine.

I agree, its as simple as that, they shouldnt try so hard, stick to what made old new top gear funny.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 12:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If the trailer is anything to go by, it looks Iike the boys might be getting into their stride.

Old Nov 30th 2016, 12:30 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If the trailer is anything to go by, it looks Iike the boys might be getting into their stride.

The Grand Tour, Trailer for Episode 3
Oh thank God for that, it might cheer you lot up a little bit
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 5:58 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Pulaski

The Grand Tour, Trailer for Episode 3
I think that even the GOM will crack a smile with this one

It's orange
Old Dec 4th 2016, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Episode 3 was OK.

Certainly an improvement on Episode 2. That was tripe.

Maybe they will actually have some guests on eventually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.