British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   The Grand Tour (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/grand-tour-887690/)

magnumpi Nov 20th 2016 6:11 pm

The Grand Tour

At last normal car program resumes, nice to see the boys back even if Jezzer is a bit of a fatty now ;)

Program was quite good, not Perfect, can only improve to where it is great again

dave_j Nov 20th 2016 6:17 pm

re: The Grand Tour

I thought it lacked the spontaneity of the original, as though they were trying a little too hard.

magnumpi Nov 20th 2016 6:25 pm

re: The Grand Tour

Originally Posted by dave_j (Post 12109872)
I thought it lacked the spontaneity of the original, as though they were trying a little too hard.

There was an odd feeling of trying too hard. The celebrity bit was just cock

I spelled Grand a bit wrong can some one adjust that plz

Tangram Nov 21st 2016 3:59 pm

Re: The Grand Tour

Over long and strained in places. Quite good, can improve.

Paul_Shepherd Nov 21st 2016 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12109881)
There was an odd feeling of trying too hard. The celebrity bit was just cock

I spelled Grand a bit wrong can some one adjust that plz

Yes this is what ive heard from freinds in the UK, have not heard great things about it.

Hopefully it improves

BritInParis Nov 21st 2016 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 12110581)
Over long and strained in places. Quite good, can improve.

Agreed. Yet to find its feet (the whole spiel regarding the new American replacement for the Stig was rather tortured) but still miles better than the BBC's effort.

R I C H Nov 21st 2016 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 12110585)
Yes this is what ive heard from freinds in the UK, have not heard great things about it.

Hopefully it improves

Here if you want to watch it yourself: Watch The Grand Tour 1 (TV-Show 2016) [HD 720p] | Free Online Movie Streaming

Novocastrian Nov 21st 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 12110598)

F*** me. Is that Pulaski?

Paul_Shepherd Nov 21st 2016 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 12110598)

Cheers!! i shall watch that this evening and form my own opinion, im sure the show is just trying to feel its feet...and maybe for the first episode they could be trying a little too hard... not the end of the world, surely still beats the new top gear which i assume is dead in the water now?

Shard Nov 21st 2016 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12110604)

Yes, apparently! For quite some time I assumed his avatar was a personal photo (until he educated me otherwise).

Honestly cannot see the appeal any of those three presenters.

Pulaski Nov 21st 2016 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12110604)

I share some similarities with Mr Clarkson :) 6'5" curly-haired south Yorkshireman, former resident of Wandsworth, with an interest in cars, and the same diplomatic personality and good-natured sense of humour. :unsure:

Oink Nov 21st 2016 6:07 pm

They're just all too old to be doing this. Its too painful to watch.

magnumpi Nov 21st 2016 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12110704)
They're just all too old to be doing this. Its too painful to watch.

Jezzers belly is way over done !!

I actually like Capt Slow, I also watch his many other programs, currently I am looking through his people's cars series.

Pulaski Nov 21st 2016 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12110717)
.... I actually like Capt Slow, I also watch his many other programs, currently I am looking through his people's cars series.

Have you see and of Jezzer's other (non-car) documentaries? His military documentaries are very good, with the one on the raid on St Nazaire being especially good.

Atlantic Xpat Nov 21st 2016 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12110721)
Have you see and of Jezzer's other (non-car) documentaries? His military documentaries are very good, with the one on the raid on St Nazaire being especially good.

Plus the one on PQ17, that was excellent.

I thought the first GT eps was ok. A bit cringeworthy in parts but ok. I look forward to the three of them cocking around on a challenge. That's what works best imho