British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/goggle-box-anything-worth-watching-tv-872172/)

MillieF Apr 30th 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

I've been really enjoying The Bletchley Circle...it might be a bit more of a one for the women, perhaps, but is basically sound and thoroughly entertaining:thumbup:

magnumpi May 6th 2017 3:08 pm

So I just finished binge watching Fargo 1 and 2 and they was real good ainch they, okey ! yah!

plasticcanuck May 7th 2017 1:42 am

Just finished watching a 10 part Belgian series "Hotel Beau Sejour" on Netflix. Unusual concept but on a scale of 10 for me perhaps a 7.5. It's worth watching.

BristolUK May 7th 2017 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12246658)
...Fargo 1 and 2...

In the backlog.

I'm not one for costume drama but I thought I'd give War & Peace a go. 6 part BBC series.

Watched episode one which was enough for me to download the next part for later. Very odd seeing Brian Wilson in it ;)

Teaandtoday5 May 7th 2017 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12241734)
I've been really enjoying The Bletchley Circle...it might be a bit more of a one for the women, perhaps, but is basically sound and thoroughly entertaining:thumbup:

Got it on DVD from the library. Loved it.

bats May 7th 2017 3:00 pm

Anyone watching The Handmaids Tale? Very good, very disturbing and unsettling.

Danny B May 7th 2017 3:29 pm

Channel 4
Born to Kill

3 episodes so far, the final is on Thursday. I would give it a 8.5/10

BristolUK May 8th 2017 12:05 am

Originally Posted by bats (Post 12247240)
Anyone watching The Handmaids Tale? Very good, very disturbing and unsettling.

Not yet. Saw the movie many moons ago so I'm trying to concentrate on 'new' things for the time being.

Although I may re-watch Twin Peaks before the new one starts.

Oink May 8th 2017 2:00 am

Just finished the 2nd series of The Last Kingdom. I don't usually like that sort of a that fantasy crap like LotR and GoT, it's just a bunch of puerile rubbish but this series was pretty decent.

Oink May 9th 2017 8:44 pm

I've mentioned it before but now it's on iPlayer I thought it might be available to a wider audience. The film is "Kajaki: The True Story.

It's not for the feint of heart but it's a vey acute portrayal and I know of colleagues on both the UK and US side that were involved with this particular event. Anyway it's worth watching.

BristolUK May 10th 2017 7:15 am

Twin Peaks Showtime Premiere May 21, 2017

fulwood May 10th 2017 9:23 am

DannyB based upon your recommendation I am watching Born to Kill. Really like it. Thanks.

Tangram May 12th 2017 12:01 am

Line of Duty has been v good so far, 1 & 2. Moving onto 3 on NF and just downloaded 4 waiting in the queue.

BristolUK May 21st 2017 1:28 am

Found a series called Berlin Station which really ought to be right up my street but I've seen the first two episodes and I'm still not sure what to make of it.

It's as recent as last year and is going into a second season this year.

I see the name Rhys Ifans and I imagine him in his saggy underpants. It makes his American accent seem even more odd. :lol:

Danny B May 21st 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 12249976)
DannyB based upon your recommendation I am watching Born to Kill. Really like it. Thanks.

I thought the main character (the psychopath son) was a fantastic actor. I'm sure we will be seeing more of him.