Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Frivolous gift ideas please!

Frivolous gift ideas please!

Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:02 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frivolous gift ideas please!

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
What about one of the "fashion shoot" days. All 3 of you? You get pampered, lunch etc and then you will gave some fab memories? Xxx
what was wrong with this one ??
Old Nov 17th 2011, 1:40 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
what was wrong with this one ??
I love the idea, but ever since time begun my Mum does the whole camera avoidance tricks and now she looks twice her age and can't even find clothes that work, I don't think she would go for it. She is stressing about what to wear for Christmas day as it is, at 4'10 she has always struggled with clothes (hence the heels) now she has no meat on her it`s even worse and she is also quite often a yellowish colour too.

The only way we got lots of pics this summer is my niece who just took pictures non stop.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:55 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I love the idea, but ever since time begun my Mum does the whole camera avoidance tricks and now she looks twice her age and can't even find clothes that work, I don't think she would go for it. She is stressing about what to wear for Christmas day as it is, at 4'10 she has always struggled with clothes (hence the heels) now she has no meat on her it`s even worse and she is also quite often a yellowish colour too.

The only way we got lots of pics this summer is my niece who just took pictures non stop.
aaah ok !!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Afternoon tea at The Ritz .
that's a brilliant one and if she doesn't want to eat she can just enjoy the ambience
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

I'm really liking the limo to spa day thing
The Sanctuary in Covent Garden is lovely...

http://www.urbanpath.com/london/spas/sanctuary.htm
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:30 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
that's a brilliant one and if she doesn't want to eat she can just enjoy the ambience
She used to meet her Dad for breakfast there.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

She used to meet her Dad for breakfast there.
haha, well that should bring back happy memories?? (or not)
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
haha, well that should bring back happy memories?? (or not)
Maybe She doesn't do well with pomp, she'd more likely show us up and get us kicked out. Also a little far for her to travel, she's just outside Lincoln.

I really appreciate everyone's input
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

She doesn't do well with pomp, she'd more likely show us up and get us kicked out.
lol, Mums are so adorable, haha
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe She doesn't do well with pomp, she'd more likely show us up and get us kicked out. Also a little far for her to travel, she's just outside Lincoln.

I really appreciate everyone's input
So take her for afternoon tea at the poshest hotel in Lincoln that does afternoon teas.... after her spa-day of course...
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Chookie
So take her for afternoon tea at the poshest hotel in Lincoln that does afternoon teas.... after her spa-day of course...
Going to have a long chat with my sister and possibly my Mum about it all at the weekend, see how we're all feeling about the gifting thing, It might be a wait until we see how she's doing by Christmas, mind you the determination and stubbornness she has is second to none - she'll be FAB!