Wikiposts

This is frightening

Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: This is frightening

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Just wanted to point out that everyone's experience of NI is different. I used to find it odd when I moved to Toronto and people would be so sympathetic towards me because I grew up in this apparently awful place, I can't blame people for thinking that when all they have to go on are News reports and the scary stuff always makes a better story to tell.

Yeah I guess so, I'm glad yours was ok Elaine.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Elaine, with all, due respect what age are you, where you there as I was at age 15/16 when a curfew was imposed and everyone had to be home by 7pm othewise be shot? now \i was a teenager wanting to go to dances, clubs, pubs, if you don't remember please ask your mother, nights when my husband came home from work, were he had to turn his headlights out at checkpoints, soilders with blackened faces? do you remember that? my husband was afraid to open the front door when it was knocked as the IRA were just shooting people did'nt matter who they were, and the soldiers did some stuff as well

yikes, those are the kind of things I heard about...
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:47 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Elaine, with all, due respect what age are you, where you there as I was at age 15/16 when a curfew was imposed and everyone had to be home by 7pm othewise be shot? now \i was a teenager wanting to go to dances, clubs, pubs, if you don't remember please ask your mother, nights when my husband came home from work, were he had to turn his headlights out at checkpoints, soilders with blackened faces? do you remember that? my husband was afraid to open the front door when it was knocked as the IRA were just shooting people did'nt matter who they were, and the soldiers did some stuff as well, do you remember any of it, because if not with all due respect you havent a clue OK
So what? I blame your parents for keeping you in a potentially deadly environment, and then yourself for remaining in the deadly environment.

Oh, and make your mind up. Was the curfew 6pm or 7pm? You seem confused as to which is the correct time. Must be old age.

soilders with blackened faces
And there you go with your racism. Terrible!

Anyway, i thought you were going?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy
As I've already said I was doing my job in an unbiased way.

Look at the figures and tell me that the troops who were sent to protect the catholics originally did not suffer and die at the hands of the catholic extremists.

I am not a bigot, purely stating the facts about a terrible situation. I still don't know what I am supposed to have done to you personally.

I served my tours in Northern Ireland, as a catholic, to try to stop the death and suffering of others, by trying to stem the activities of extremists on both sides of the divide.

This thread was started with a video (albeit doctored) of a moslem politican and people were commenting on this. You then stated that you agreed with freedom of speech, but are against it for the moslem extremists.

This is exactly what was felt by the majority of people in Great Britain when the religious extremists in Northern Irelend were spouting the exact same venom. Don't forget the innocents on the mainland killed and wounded by these extremists who had nothing to do with this internal conflict.

I sincerely hope that the situation in Great Britain does not expand to the same state as was in Northern Ireland during the times of the conflict, caused by these extremist leaders or spokesmen.

As for Afghanistan, the troops there from a number of countries are there not to fight people on religious grounds, purely to stop extremists from causing further death and suffering to peoples around the world, as well as to help the people of Afghanistan take back control of their own country through peacefull and political means.

I don't see why you are comparing Afghanistan to Northern Ireland, totally different situations.
never have I said the soldiers did not suffer, you attacked me because I was a, catholic, read your own thread, you brought up me being a member of the communion brigade?( where are all the politically polite people now is this racism??) I only ever mentioned looking forward to going home to my grandaughters communion and that caused all this???? but it has shown you up fr what you are, and I see it, I did not hold a gun never have and never will hopefully, yet you bunched me in with every other person especially catholics by your own admission you are a bigot and nothing you say to me now will ever change my mind, all I can say is shame on you you have let the armed forces down by your bigotry, I will now look at what is happening in Afganistan and every time I see a muslem killed will now think, did they endcounter someone like you, someone who thinks all people are guilty even when innocenct??. same old story lets tar them all with the same brush Is that how the british army thinks, I never thought so before?/
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:50 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

...( where are all the politically polite people now is this racism??)
I think you misunderstand the meaning of racism. Psychological scarring can do that to you i guess.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Elaine, with all, due respect what age are you, where you there as I was at age 15/16 when a curfew was imposed and everyone had to be home by 7pm othewise be shot? now \i was a teenager wanting to go to dances, clubs, pubs, if you don't remember please ask your mother, nights when my husband came home from work, were he had to turn his headlights out at checkpoints, soilders with blackened faces? do you remember that? my husband was afraid to open the front door when it was knocked as the IRA were just shooting people did'nt matter who they were, and the soldiers did some stuff as well, do you remember any of it, because if not with all due respect you havent a clue OK
FWIW I was born in 1974 so I do remember a lot of this stuff. I just wanted to say that not everyone in NI thinks they lived in a war zone, it obviously wasn't utopia either.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:53 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

( where are all the politically polite people now is this racism??)
We are still here, and no it isn't.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
So what? I blame your parents for keeping you in a potentially deadly environment, and then yourself for remaining in the deadly environment.

Oh, and make your mind up. Was the curfew 6pm or 7pm? You seem confused as to which is the correct time. Must be old age.

And there you go with your racism. Terrible!

Anyway, i thought you were going?
I was and then was accused of running away from the issue? what would YOU have me do ?? by he way the curfew was 7pm, have I made that clear now? <<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Feb 27th 2010 at 2:01 am. Reason: You've been asked before. Stop the name calling please.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

FWIW I was born in 1974 so I do remember a lot of this stuff. I just wanted to say that not everyone in NI thinks they lived in a war zone, it obviously wasn't utopia either.
a baby, had'nt a clue about the realy bad times, ask your parents, see what they say, it was a war zone in the early 70's I was there lived through it, it's onlky when you start talking about it you remember the really bad times, and yes thank god they are behind us now and hopefully we will have a much better future for our kids, we actually have kids now who do not remember the troubles, that in itself is a great thing long may it last.....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

I just do not believe you are for real.

You accuse me of being a bigot for stating that catholics were responsible for the deaths and woundings of troops and innocents, and you blatantly state that your husband was afraid to open the door because the IRA were shooting people.

Let me think, (sarcasm mode engaged) IRA, now were they protestant, muslim, hindu, islamic fundamentalists, buddhists, oh no they were the catholics that I referred to.

Don't forget the acts carried out by the other side as well, UVF,UDA although they didn't target the troops. Also PIRA and INLA on the catholic side, can't just blame the IRA, that would be bigotted now wouldn't it, that's why I never singled out one organisations as you did.

Please feel free to print out the comments from this and your contributions to other threads to show others, but please ensure that you include ALL of your posts to give them an honest view.

On another note, would you stand in the glare of the headlights of a vehicle in the dark without some sort of camouflage, making you the biggest target for some extremist? This is standard procedure for a roadblock wherever, whenever in the hours from dusk til dawn. Don't forget the troops manning those roadblocks as well as carrying out other duties were there for your protection, to try and stop the IRA from shooting your husband when he opened the door.

Make your mind up or just shuffle off to your corner.

I'm not going to waste any more time on your conflicting drivel. Have a nice life wherever you end up.

Please feel free to flounce if I've upset you so much with my facts and honesty, you will not be missed.

For those who only have views on the situation from news reports etc, please remember that there was so much going on at the time that only the worst was reported, same as any major news story.

People start to get fatigued of the same news day after day, plus too much media coverage was only advertising for the extremists after all.

Plus certain information could not be released due to operational need.
That's also why the British press is subject to D notices.

Enough said.

Last edited by Trophy; Feb 27th 2010 at 2:02 am. Reason: extra info
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lmartin999
We are still here, and no it isn't.
so if you all think i am nuts and phycologically scarred why are you all still here amazing really ???? how many of you out there now n4-5?? amazing
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:06 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

so if you all think i am nuts and phycologically scarred why are you all still here amazing really ???? how many of you out there now n4-5?? amazing
Your posts do come across as mildly psyhcotic. I'm quite intrigued by what you are going to come out with next.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:07 am
Beep

It's ok dear. Firstly, let me help you with your errors.

...from the age of 15 I lived in a war zone, had to be in my home at 6pm ...
...and everyone had to be home by 7pm...
Secondly, note the following. When you fail to follow your own beliefs, how can anything you say be trusted? I feel let down by you.

as I said before silly plucker are'nt you???
Funny when small minded people can't take critisism, they resort to name calling...
Thirdly, noting the following comment from your debate teaming years, YOU are weak

...remember our debate team in school saying if you can't debate, then you are weak...
Fourth and finally, what would i have you do?

1, I couldn't give a monkey's about you or you life to date, because you're nobody to me.

2, If a "war zone" cemented itself in or around where i was living and it affected me as much as it clearly affected you, i would make sure myself and my family were safe and would remove ourselves from the situation. If not, and if we survived, i'd fear in many years to come the bitterness will retain its hold on me, overflowing my emotions at random intervals during situations that would not normally warrant it.

I was and then was accused of running away from the issue? what would YOU have me do??
And may i say, this is the best, longest, and most psychotic flounce i've ever seen on here. For that i applaud you.

Last edited by el_richo; Feb 27th 2010 at 2:12 am.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Just wanted to point out that everyone's experience of NI is different. I used to find it odd when I moved to Toronto and people would be so sympathetic towards me because I grew up in this apparently awful place, I can't blame people for thinking that when all they have to go on are News reports and the scary stuff always makes a better story to tell.
northern Ireland started to get "Better" at the later part of the 70's , by that I mean, people were not getting shot just for being one or the other, I remember going into town with my mother and husband, she wanted wallpaper, I was "nine" months preganant at the time, you were not allowed to leave cars unoccupied at the time as bombs were going off everywhere, so I sat in the car awhile my husband and mother went to get the wallpaper all of a sudden the massive esplosion went.off I had never heard anything like it before, I was 19, and something came flying through the air and missed our car by inches, I was frozen to the spot, and people came running from everywhere to get me out of the car, you know nobody cared what religon I was and I certainly did'nt care either, to this day I am grateful to them just for getting me and my little girl away from it all. I could tell so many stories, one of a pregnant woman being shot going for her check up, to the hospital thank god the baby survived. sorry I honestly do not think of these things anymore untill something like this comes up, and it is hard yes I suppose we are all scarred, but we push it to the back of our minds, you know we were all tarred with the one brush and that is not fair.....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:31 am
Beep

northern Ireland started to get "Better" at the later part of the 70's , by that I mean, people were not getting shot just for being one or the other, I remember going into town with my mother and husband, she wanted wallpaper, I was "nine" months preganant at the time, you were not allowed to leave cars unoccupied at the time as bombs were going off everywhere, so I sat in the car awhile my husband and mother went to get the wallpaper all of a sudden the massive esplosion went.off I had never heard anything like it before, I was 19, and something came flying through the air and missed our car by inches, I was frozen to the spot, and people came running from everywhere to get me out of the car, you know nobody cared what religon I was and I certainly did'nt care either, to this day I am grateful to them just for getting me and my little girl away from it all. I could tell so many stories, one of a pregnant woman being shot going for her check up, to the hospital thank god the baby survived. sorry I honestly do not think of these things anymore untill something like this comes up, and it is hard yes I suppose we are all scarred, but we push it to the back of our minds, you know we were all tarred with the one brush and that is not fair.....
All ranting, joking, sarcasm, and ill-feeling aside, have you had, or thought of having, therapy to help you with these deep routed emotions?

Having read through your posts, i really think you should talk to a professional. If your emotions flow through your writing, you are not in a mentally comfortable place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.