Wikiposts

This is frightening

Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:33 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is frightening

Originally Posted by dgjamison
why don't you just go away somewhere, you really are to me a nobody go way please
After you, dear

Even though i love a good tear up, i honestly think you should take some time away from here and concentrate on the positives in your life. Your instability is a little disturbing and, based upon what you write, not good for your physical and mental health.

And if you're thinking of coming back with any unfounded scathing comments, you should know that you're also a nobody to me and i'm more than happy to help you surpass your boiling point
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy
I too was a member of the "first communion brigade" and the comment about the dress was based on your ill founded comments in previous threads. I wouldn't have a problem working with your brother as long as he was acting as unbiased as I was during my times there.

Don't forget that the troops were originally moved into the province to protect the minority of a certain religion, who were subsequently responsible for the majority of deaths and injuries of those same troops.
what ill founded comments, all I remember saying is I was looking forward to going home to my grandaugters first communion? Please tell what else I have said? this has really upset me why? I don't really know, except to say , I always thought the troops were there for us the people, and this person has just put my people into a corner, that when this was said to me I fought against, sometimes against my own safety for him to now say these things has devestated me, sorry but thats the way it is he had also just said that all catholics were responsible for the the deaths and injuries of those same troops????? Please stop while you are ahead, you could start the whole thing over again alone for your so biased remarks!! my god You have really upset me here please just go away into a corner somehere I just can't believe you are supposed to be a neutral member of the forces. Is this happening in Afganistan????
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

oh Elizabeth, I was ready to let these toads get to me but not any more, or I am not my mothers daughter. I smile now when I read the same posts I read a few months ago, and thought these people were actually important!! well how sad is that!! now I realise they are nobody, just like you and me, but put a uniform on them and they become little Hitlers???? look at the tickets given on the street\\///

the "toads" -- LOL

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Feb 27th 2010 at 12:58 am.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

now look I have had a bottle of wine tonight, lovely, so goodnight to all, wish you all a lovely year,week, day whatever, this is the first nice glass of wine I have had in a long time, loving it!!!!!

I need some wine, lol, there's a tsunami headed for NZ.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

The conflict in Northern ireland was never a WAR, IT WAS A CONFLICT,war was never declared.

I thought it was just called "the troubles" but the footage from the 70's sure looked like a war zone...
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

what ill founded comments, all I remember saying is I was looking forward to going home to my grandaugters first communion? Please tell what else I have said? this has really upset me why? I don't really know, except to say , I always thought the troops were there for us the people, and this person has just put my people into a corner, that when this was said to me I fought against, sometimes against my own safety for him to now say these things has devestated me, sorry but thats the way it is he had also just said that all catholics were responsible for the the deaths and injuries of those same troops????? Please stop while you are ahead, you could start the whole thing over again alone for your so biased remarks!! my god You have really upset me here please just go away into a corner somehere I just can't believe you are supposed to be a neutral member of the forces. Is this happening in Afganistan????
Nowhere did I say that ALL catholics were responsible for these actions. It was my job to act in an impartial way during my times there, the same forall troops including your brother, even though we were subjected daily to racist abuse, bigotry, stonings, shootings, bombings.

We were not there for YOU, we were there to try and keep the peace and to stop you (people from both sides of the communities) from trying to kill each other and us. I was there doing a thankless job. I have not made any biased comments, just commented on my own expariences.

I think that it is you that needs to find a quiet corner and contemplate on how much ill feelings you have caused in the forums due to your inane ramblings. No wonder you get short sharp responses from those that you vilify and call names.

Please clarify the points raised in my posts instead of rambling off track every time, or just please close the door quietly behind you on your onward journey.

As I said earlier, I wish you well wherever you decide to retire, you've already said that Canada isn't for you, and now neither is England (supposedly my faulty, although I'm still awaiting an explanation). Good luck to you wherever you decide to go.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
Do you mean Silver Slippered Steve? His hands are like whipped butter, I wouldn't have noticed him fondling any part of my anatomy, he's way too posh to get caught out.
Silver Slippered Steve? Who dat?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

So you start the arguments, then don't want to continue as it confirms what you've always thought. WTF does that mean?

How have my comments hurt you? The truth does hurt sometimes.

What does my nationality have to do with anything? I am suspect all over again of what? I don't see how I'm responsible for you not being able to retire to England.

I still don't see how you can call me bigoted, please explain.

I too was proud to serve my Queen and country and fully support the poor sods from any coutry's forces carrrying out the orders of their sometimes misguided politicians.
Please by all means let us continue the argument, I have just reread your original post, and you state , that because I was from the first communion birgade you hoped I was not on your side as your defender, is this right or wrong?
Now can you tell me after that comment do you honestly believe I would have any confidence in you? now you next state, that it was the communion side of the community that killed your soldiers, am I right as this is what you said?> so you go on to ask me why I would call you bigoted? I think if anyone looks at your post and if they are honest they will say yes. what you have done to me personally and I am sure if I were to show your posts to other people from my country, it would be the same, that as a soldier sent t defend innocent members of a community weather catholic, protestent, Hindu, or Muslem you would do so and do it unbiased am I right? so can I asssume the same is happening in Afagnistan? Really want to be sure now about how I feel about things, and also others on this thread, would reall;y like to know thier thoughts on this ???? the silence is golden!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I thought it was just called "the troubles" but the footage from the 70's sure looked like a war zone...
I grew up in Northern Ireland and I never felt like I was living in a War Zone.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elaine B.

I hear varying reports, I went out with an Irish guy once and used to live in Kilburn, I heard more Irish people talking about it being like a war zone than not....But I dunno, I never grew up there so don't know what it was like, didn't look pleasant though.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Please by all means let us continue the argument, I have just reread your original post, and you state , that because I was from the first communion birgade you hoped I was not on your side as your defender, is this right or wrong?
Now can you tell me after that comment do you honestly believe I would have any confidence in you? now you next state, that it was the communion side of the community that killed your soldiers, am I right as this is what you said?> so you go on to ask me why I would call you bigoted? I think if anyone looks at your post and if they are honest they will say yes. what you have done to me personally and I am sure if I were to show your posts to other people from my country, it would be the same, that as a soldier sent t defend innocent members of a community weather catholic, protestent, Hindu, or Muslem you would do so and do it unbiased am I right? so can I asssume the same is happening in Afagnistan? Really want to be sure now about how I feel about things, and also others on this thread, would reall;y like to know thier thoughts on this ???? the silence is golden!!!!

As I've already said I was doing my job in an unbiased way.

Look at the figures and tell me that the troops who were sent to protect the catholics originally did not suffer and die at the hands of the catholic extremists.

I am not a bigot, purely stating the facts about a terrible situation. I still don't know what I am supposed to have done to you personally.

I served my tours in Northern Ireland, as a catholic, to try to stop the death and suffering of others, by trying to stem the activities of extremists on both sides of the divide.

This thread was started with a video (albeit doctored) of a moslem politican and people were commenting on this. You then stated that you agreed with freedom of speech, but are against it for the moslem extremists.

This is exactly what was felt by the majority of people in Great Britain when the religious extremists in Northern Irelend were spouting the exact same venom. Don't forget the innocents on the mainland killed and wounded by these extremists who had nothing to do with this internal conflict.

I sincerely hope that the situation in Great Britain does not expand to the same state as was in Northern Ireland during the times of the conflict, caused by these extremist leaders or spokesmen.

As for Afghanistan, the troops there from a number of countries are there not to fight people on religious grounds, purely to stop extremists from causing further death and suffering to peoples around the world, as well as to help the people of Afghanistan take back control of their own country through peacefull and political means.

I don't see why you are comparing Afghanistan to Northern Ireland, totally different situations.

Last edited by Trophy; Feb 27th 2010 at 1:23 am. Reason: double quoted
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:31 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Right, good few hours of sleep. Miserable weather outside.
Where were we? Looks like I missed some action....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Right, good few hours of sleep. Miserable weather outside.
Where were we? Looks like I missed some action....
Do try to keep up.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Elaine, with all, due respect what age are you, where you there as I was at age 15/16 when a curfew was imposed and everyone had to be home by 7pm othewise be shot? now \i was a teenager wanting to go to dances, clubs, pubs, if you don't remember please ask your mother, nights when my husband came home from work, were he had to turn his headlights out at checkpoints, soilders with blackened faces? do you remember that? my husband was afraid to open the front door when it was knocked as the IRA were just shooting people did'nt matter who they were, and the soldiers did some stuff as well, do you remember any of it, because if not with all due respect you havent a clue OK
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I hear varying reports, I went out with an Irish guy once and used to live in Kilburn, I heard more Irish people talking about it being like a war zone than not....But I dunno, I never grew up there so don't know what it was like, didn't look pleasant though.
Just wanted to point out that everyone's experience of NI is different. I used to find it odd when I moved to Toronto and people would be so sympathetic towards me because I grew up in this apparently awful place, I can't blame people for thinking that when all they have to go on are News reports and the scary stuff always makes a better story to tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.