Foxy Knoxy

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxy Knoxy

Originally Posted by bats
38 executions in 8 states doesn't sound any better. The point is that Italy does not have the desth penalty and the US does. Anywhere with a death penalty is in no position to criticise the judiciary of another country.
My point was, you posted she would be dead by now if she had been convicted in the US, which is not true for most of the country, maybe in a few states yes, but certainly not true as a whole.

That was the only point I was trying to make.

50 states, with 50 different but similar justice systems, but certainly not exactly identical. so it would all be dependent on which state the crime took place in.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 2:59 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
She's not that pretty and she's as guilty as hell. They got a far more credible juridical review than they would of have in the US. Especially the black bloke.
They have prettier girls at The Keg. And if that fails certainly at Hooters.....
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:20 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My point was, you posted she would be dead by now if she had been convicted in the US, which is not true for most of the country, maybe in a few states yes, but certainly not true as a whole.

That was the only point I was trying to make.

50 states, with 50 different but similar justice systems, but certainly not exactly identical. so it would all be dependent on which state the crime took place in.
I probably was playing to the gallery with that sentence.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
a) Yes.
b) So say her Seattle based legal team who believe Italy is a medieval land.
c) Yes. If this case involved three retirees in Spain, we would never have heard of it.
Thanks, Shard.

I think it's very unfair that she gets so much positive press coverage just because she looks OK.

And yes I have seen a lot of attacks on the Italian judicial system.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:29 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
Thanks, Shard.

I think it's very unfair that she gets so much positive press coverage just because she looks OK.

And yes I have seen a lot of attacks on the Italian judicial system.
She gets a lot of press (because of her ok looks) but in the UK it is mostly negative. The US reports I have heard have been fairly biased (in Amanda's favour - quelle surprise).

I was pleased to see in a Guardian article yesterday that the accompanying photo was actually Meredith, and think that would be a more appropriate convention for newspapers to follow. We ought to keep her memory alive not fixate on Amanda (so says the Mr Pot ).
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:57 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

She gets a lot of press (because of her ok looks) but in the UK it is mostly negative. The US reports I have heard have been fairly biased (in Amanda's favour - quelle surprise).

I was pleased to see in a Guardian article yesterday that the accompanying photo was actually Meredith, and think that would be a more appropriate convention for newspapers to follow. We ought to keep her memory alive not fixate on Amanda (so says the Mr Pot ).
Why would we keep the memory alive of someone probably no one here knows? Knox is the story now.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:32 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Why would we keep the memory alive of someone probably no one here knows? Knox is the story now.
Harsh but true.

Who can name any of Fred West or Harold Shipman's victims? Some crimes are definitely more about the perpetrator than the victim.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:02 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? We don't know either of them personally. It makes more sense to me to remember a victim than a perpetrator. Somehow there's a respect to it.

It's the same with the Saville case. I don't think the media should be replaying his image ad infinitum given his fall from grace. A name would be enough.

To Jings point, perhaps more difficult when there have been multiple murders. But look at Lee Rigby, we'll remember him, and see the (multiple) perpetrators as vague monsters.

Last edited by Shard; Feb 3rd 2014 at 8:04 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:59 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? We don't know either of them personally. It makes more sense to me to remember a victim than a perpetrator. Somehow there's a respect to it.

It's the same with the Saville case. I don't think the media should be replaying his image ad infinitum given his fall from grace. A name would be enough.

To Jings point, perhaps more difficult when there have been multiple murders. But look at Lee Rigby, we'll remember him, and see the (multiple) perpetrators as vague monsters.
I think your examples illustrate that it is the story that dictates which names we know. Rigby was the story. The perpetrators never being in doubt. Knox is the story because her role is moot.

Neither story need one name being manipulated over another for prominence, because the market place of interest/concern dictated the result.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:25 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I think your examples illustrate that it is the story that dictates which names we know. Rigby was the story. The perpetrators never being in doubt. Knox is the story because her role is moot.

Neither story need one name being manipulated over another for prominence, because the market place of interest/concern dictated the result.
Give the people what they want
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:56 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
They have prettier girls at The Keg. And if that fails certainly at Hooters.....
What has prettiness got to do with guilt? Has anyone mentioned whether Rudy G or Sollecito are handsome?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:24 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
What has prettiness got to do with guilt? Has anyone mentioned whether Rudy G or Sollecito are handsome?
As long as they flirted a bit, I always gave the prettier girls better grades so I'm sure its the same with the courts and juries.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:40 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Oink
As long as they flirted a bit, I always gave the prettier girls better grades so I'm sure its the same with the courts and juries.
And tipping. Although slow delivery of beer can be a killer regardless of appearance.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:41 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Mallory
Everything. Sex sells. What do on earth do you think is the hiring policy of any Downtown Toronto bar these days. The world is going backwards I'm afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.