Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Ford F150 or Chevy Suburban

Ford F150 or Chevy Suburban

Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ford F150 or Chevy Suburban

Hey folks,
If you had the choice, which would you go for....?

We're looking at buying a holiday trailer this year as the tent camping lark last year was ok but we want a definite upgrade this year. We've test driven 2 vehicles over the weekend - a 2005 white F150 Supercrew, 1 prev owner with 36,000kms...mint condition (obviously) for $29,995

Or, a 2005 metallic beige Chevy Suburban, 1 owner with 85,000kms, luxury leather interior, in fairly good condition for $25,500 (that's the offer the dealership will agree on).

My favourite is the Suburban as the comfort is out of this world and it will tow a trailer and seat up to 8 people in it.......my OH & son are drooling over the F150 - for obvious reasons!!

Which sounds like the better deal to you lot?

Confused Jaycee

Ladies views very welcome also!

Last edited by Ruby Murray; Apr 16th 2007 at 4:35 am.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:44 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ford F150 or Chevy Suburban

Quite different vehicles really. Hard to say which is the best deal - one's 'mint', one's 'fairly good', and there's a $ and km's difference. What are you looking for out of a vehicle?

I purchased an '07 F150 (King Ranch) which offers all the luxury and toys of the Suburban you describe. If you want leather etc look for a high spec XLT, Lariat or King Ranch F150.

The truck will give a firmer ride than the Chev, and, when unloaded, will handle in a less secure manner, though will ultimately haul more.

If it's you main transportation you might find the truck too compromised - no trunk space (though a canopy over the bed will provide secure(ish) dry storage), and only seating for 5.

If you're planning to buy your son and OH a quad or dirt bike each, then the F150's the best choice
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Hey folks,
If you had the choice, which would you go for....?

We're looking at buying a holiday trailer this year as the tent camping lark last year was ok but we want a definite upgrade this year. We've test driven 2 vehicles over the weekend - a 2005 white F150 Supercrew, 1 prev owner with 36,000kms...mint condition (obviously) for $29,995

Or, a 2005 metallic beige Chevy Suburban, 1 owner with 85,000kms, luxury leather interior, in fairly good condition for $25,500 (that's the offer the dealership will agree on).

My favourite is the Suburban as the comfort is out of this world and it will tow a trailer and seat up to 8 people in it.......my OH & son are drooling over the F150 - for obvious reasons!!

Which sounds like the better deal to you lot?

Confused Jaycee

Ladies views very welcome also!
You can't tow a gooseneck trailer with a Suburban so if you really must have one of those instant traffic jam things you need the F150.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

If you were thinking of the F150 I'd be tempted to lease or finance a new one over buying used. There will continue to be good finance deals on these vehicles as gas prices rise ever upwards. The other beauty of leasing is that after your 3 years you can give it back. Which could be useful if the value of second hand vehicles plummets 'cos noone can afford to run 'em. $350-400 over 36 mths leases you a midspec F150, leastways in these parts it does.

Of the two vehicles I'd go for the F150 cos its more versatile and roughty toughty. Surburbans are good for living out those US secret service / 24 fantasys though I suppose.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Jayc,

I will talk to hubby when he gets in from work and see what he thinks would be the best deal for you - repair wise etc (I'll see if he will check them out for you too if you want?).

We just bought a RV this weekend WHOOPEE! ANOTHER vehicle to add to the collection, got two up on ebay this week hopefully they'll go...Karma needed peeps!

Chat soon
Piff
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Jayc,

I will talk to hubby when he gets in from work and see what he thinks would be the best deal for you - repair wise etc (I'll see if he will check them out for you too if you want?).

We just bought a RV this weekend WHOOPEE! ANOTHER vehicle to add to the collection, got two up on ebay this week hopefully they'll go...Karma needed peeps!

Chat soon
Piff
Tried giving you some karma but nothing happens when i click on the logo, don't know why. Maybe you've got way too much.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:13 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

My advice

Rent one for a weekend... drive around a bit

fill em up then think hard and drive its till its empty and fill her up again

I drove a Dodge Ram as the rental company had one available and needed to hang to as many comapcts as they could....

needless to say after I figured it cost me $5 per trip to work and another $5 back ......
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
You can't tow a gooseneck trailer with a Suburban so if you really must have one of those instant traffic jam things you need the F150.
I'm with dbd33 on this one.

If you want the choice of either type of trailer, conventional or fifth wheel (gooseneck) then the F-150 is the one to go for.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:57 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
metallic beige
Egads!!! Run away! Run away!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
metallic beige. Egads!!! Run away! Run away!
What would you prefer madam, cerise pink perhaps?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Velentrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Ford F150 or Chevy Suburban

I'm thinking that to take some short travel to Austria is more better then take something long that will take from us more money.some people even don't think try to check if there are some places that will take at least for something that worth that money we spent out.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Velentrin
I'm thinking that to take some short travel to Austria is more better then take something long that will take from us more money.some people even don't think try to check if there are some places that will take at least for something that worth that money we spent out.
What him say?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
What him say?
Something about a trip to Austria and long things
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has gone all wierd now, i'm well confused???????
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
What him say?
Actually it's "Her"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.