Flu shots.

Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flu shots.

Please can you share your experiences of having a flu shot. I have had nasty bouts of flu several times last year and this year. Now the doctor has recommended I have a flu shot and a pneumonia vaccination. About eleven years ago I came down with pneumonia and needed hospitalisation. The doctor says I will be protected for ten years with the pneumonia vaccination but will need a yearly flu shot. He feels that I fall into a high risk category because I work with children in an educational settings.

What are your thoughts on both these jabs. I am quite worried about my health and I need to hear your responses on whether the flu jab helped regarding how severe a flu infection you came down with and is it a good idea.

Thank you all.

regards
Ruby
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:00 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flu shots.

Don't know, but thank you for asking the question, it's something I've been thinking about too. I've had flu twice in my life and both times it was dreadfully serious and I thought I'd kick the bucket, and was hospitalised. I'm normally healthy as a horse, but I seem to have become much more 'chesty' since I came here...it's the damp I think. I worry about flu.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:02 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with the flu jab is that it can only protect against the few that they think MIGHT be big that year - there is no guarantee at all, and there are thousands of variations. You can get the jab and STILL get the flu, in fact you can get the flu FROM the flu jab. I'm not a big fan tbh - just seen it not work too many times to warrant my belief in it. Personally I would hook up with a good naturopath and look at more "natural" ways to boost your immune system so you can more easily fight of the lurgies.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:20 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I've been getting the flu shot for years now. I have never had the flu or any side effects since I started. I shall have on next week before I leave town for the winter.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Simon, I may just go ahead and get a flu shot. I am just so ill at the moment. I feel so tired and this is upsetting me.

Ruby
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MillieF
Don't know, but thank you for asking the question, it's something I've been thinking about too. I've had flu twice in my life and both times it was dreadfully serious and I thought I'd kick the bucket, and was hospitalised. I'm normally healthy as a horse, but I seem to have become much more 'chesty' since I came here...it's the damp I think. I worry about flu.
Hi! Millie,

I am just so ill and I wish it would just go away. I am tired and weepy. I will go out into the sunshine for a bit. I just want a new body.

Ruby
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
The problem with the flu jab is that it can only protect against the few that they think MIGHT be big that year - there is no guarantee at all, and there are thousands of variations. You can get the jab and STILL get the flu, in fact you can get the flu FROM the flu jab. I'm not a big fan tbh - just seen it not work too many times to warrant my belief in it. Personally I would hook up with a good naturopath and look at more "natural" ways to boost your immune system so you can more easily fight of the lurgies.
Thanks, Annie. I may consider this in the future but I have been taking Echinacea to no avail, so maybe traditional methods are what I need now.

Ruby
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:33 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RubyRose
Please can you share your experiences of having a flu shot. I have had nasty bouts of flu several times last year and this year. Now the doctor has recommended I have a flu shot and a pneumonia vaccination. About eleven years ago I came down with pneumonia and needed hospitalisation. The doctor says I will be protected for ten years with the pneumonia vaccination but will need a yearly flu shot. He feels that I fall into a high risk category because I work with children in an educational settings.

What are your thoughts on both these jabs. I am quite worried about my health and I need to hear your responses on whether the flu jab helped regarding how severe a flu infection you came down with and is it a good idea.

Thank you all.

regards
Ruby
I always get the flu shot, snd had the Pneumovax vaccine a few years ago. I haen't had my annual bout of bronchitis since

The flu shot does not give you flu. You get a sore arm for a day or so, that's it.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:34 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Millie,

I am just so ill and I wish it would just go away. I am tired and weepy. I will go out into the sunshine for a bit. I just want a new body.

Ruby
Take some B12, low levels make you tired and depressed
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Bats, I will get some B12 and D.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute

You're much better off to take oral homeopathic Influenzinum. It's recommended by the World Health Organisation and is updated every year to include all 'flu strains. I've used it for over ten years. It has no side effects. Neither my husband nor I have had 'flu in all that time. We never take 'flu shots.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:25 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I will be on immune-suppressant medication for the remainder of my life. The hospital contacts me every fall to remind me to get the flu shot and pneumonia shot if required. I've been having the flu shot for many years now without experiencing any flu or colds. It seems foolish to me not to take advantage of avoiding a condition (flu) that could prove deadly.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:34 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Annie. I may consider this in the future but I have been taking Echinacea to no avail, so maybe traditional methods are what I need now.

Ruby
If you've got anymore money you want to waste why don't you just send it to me and I'll pray that you don't get the flu. Wouldn't be any less effective.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:45 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by leith
You're much better off to take oral homeopathic Influenzinum. It's recommended by the World Health Organisation and is updated every year to include all 'flu strains. I've used it for over ten years. It has no side effects. Neither my husband nor I have had 'flu in all that time. We never take 'flu shots.
Really? WHO recommended? Water with a memory?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:03 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leith
Originally Posted by bats
Really? WHO recommended? Water with a memory?
No. Really not.

I suspect Leith has become confused by the paragraph on this page or somewhere similar, that states
Each year, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the flu viruses to be used in the influenza vaccine for the Northern Hemisphere. Influenzinum is a homeopathic cold and flu remedy prepared from the current influenza vaccine. The remedy is homeopathically diluted and potentized and rendered completely safe and non-toxic. If you are looking for effective flu prevention without the potential side effects of conventional vaccinations, Influenzinum is for you!
That's disingenuous to the point of almost being criminal. "A respected organization recommends action A. We want to sell you some mumbo-jumbo, and by associating ourselves with the respected organization by dropping their name, we want to give our mumbo-jumbo a veil of authenticity."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.