Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Flag Etiquette in Canada

Flag Etiquette in Canada

Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:04 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flag Etiquette in Canada

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
To the OP why would you fly the Canadian flag unless you are Canadian??..i fly the Union Jack and the George Cross on Canada day just to piss of my neighbours..other than that i dont understand the whole flag waving thing in Canada must be an inferiorty complex or something?
When is Canada day? What is the point of that?
Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:20 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP why would you fly the Canadian flag unless you are Canadian??..i fly the Union Jack and the George Cross on Canada day just to piss of my neighbours..other than that i dont understand the whole flag waving thing in Canada must be an inferiorty complex or something?
Being pedantic, but it is the Union Flag, it is only the Union 'Jack' when hoisted from the jackstaff of a ship.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you live in a country you despise?

My reason for flying a Canadian flag would be that of respect for the new country I would be given the opportunity to start a new life in, and I would fly a Saltire out of being a proud Scot. I wouldn't be flying the scottish flag to piss anyone off. Doesn't even make sense, since a huge percentage of Canada's population comes from British descent.

Obviously you like to wind people up on this forum, but unfortunately, you're just not very good at it. Shame.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:18 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Why would you live in a country you despise?

My reason for flying a Canadian flag would be that of respect for the new country I would be given the opportunity to start a new life in, and I would fly a Saltire out of being a proud Scot. I wouldn't be flying the scottish flag to piss anyone off. Doesn't even make sense, since a huge percentage of Canada's population comes from British descent.

Obviously you like to wind people up on this forum, but unfortunately, you're just not very good at it. Shame.
you obviously never heard of saracsm..so you will fit in like a dream in Canada.

Where did i say i despise Canada??..if your a proud Scot why are you leaving?
You can start a new life anywhere dont see that as a reason to wave flag about it?

Last edited by cheeky_monkey; Nov 18th 2011 at 4:31 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

you obviously never heard of saracsm..so you will fit in like a dream in Canada.

Where did i say i despise Canada??..if your a proud Scot why are you leaving?
You can start a new life anywhere dont see that as a reason to wave flag about it?
lol, I know sarcasm well, you're just not very good at it.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Being pedantic, but it is the Union Flag, it is only the Union 'Jack' when hoisted from the jackstaff of a ship.
Actually in Canada it is the "Royal Union Flag".
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

and being pedantic, if you are not in the armed services no need to use the naval term for it anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 8:17 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Actually in Canada it is the "Royal Union Flag".
Here we go......next
Old Nov 18th 2011, 8:25 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess that when the original poster mentioned The Canadian National flag I thought he meant this ! The railway innit !
Attached Thumbnails Flag Etiquette in Canada-ca%7Ecnfer.gif  
Old Nov 19th 2011, 12:28 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I must confess that when the original poster mentioned The Canadian National flag I thought he meant this ! The railway innit !
You mean this
Old Feb 4th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
haha! i might fly that as a joke
"what do you mean, why am i flying that? it's the Canadian National Flag!"
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:00 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

You are not being pedantic. You are being wrong.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:33 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
You are not being pedantic. You are being wrong.
I beg to differ. He is indeed correct ! Ask any former naval person.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:39 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, were is Ultra "paperboy" delivera gone, anyhoo
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:08 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Hey, were is Ultra "paperboy" delivera gone, anyhoo
Deep behind enema lines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.