Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Flag Etiquette in Canada

Flag Etiquette in Canada

Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:08 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flag Etiquette in Canada

Originally Posted by Tangram
What the **** does that mean ?
It means .....why the need to come out and say what you said

get it?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:10 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Ultrarunner is apparently in the army so as a result everyone on this forum owes him some debt of gratitude.
Bollocks...it's all in ya head. I am not the one that likes to bash Canada, dislike remembrance day et al
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:12 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner

get it?
I could ask you the same question, why the need to link this thread to remembrance day?
"Must be the same folks from the other thread, that think remembrance day is pointless"
In playground parlance... "you started it", so pull you neck in.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

get it?
I responded to a comment stating that the same people who were seemingly anti-Remembrance Day are the same ones who found flag waving curious.

I merely stated that that was not the case, as I had not waded in on the RB thread, thereby disproving to a certain degree your statement.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks...it's all in ya head. I am not the one that likes to bash Canada, dislike remembrance day et al
I think it's at the foremost in my head and others that you seem to think your opinion is some sort of gospel and that everyone is entitled to it.

Remembrance Day, Christmas, Flags or other festivities or symbols are down to individuals as to how they want to view them.

Tangram can come on here an post what ever he/she likes just like you can and have a completely clear conscience.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:31 pm
Banned

I think it's at the foremost in my head and others that you seem to think your opinion is some sort of gospel and that everyone is entitled to it.

Remembrance Day, Christmas, Flags or other festivities or symbols are down to individuals as to how they want to view them.

Tangram can come on here an post what ever he/she likes just like you can and have a completely clear conscience.
It's all in ya head

I don't disagree with your 2nd paragraph there, just like I can post whatever I want as long at it doesn't forum rules.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:55 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

It's all in ya head

I don't disagree with your 2nd paragraph there, just like I can post whatever I want as long at it doesn't forum rules.
You can post whatever and you do. Infact really that is all you post.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:00 pm
Banned

You can post whatever and you do. Infact really that is all you post.
So if we both agree on that, what is the problem then?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:07 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

get it?
So if we both agree on that, what is the problem then?
The problem is you are in agreement that you can post whatever but seem to have a problem with Tangram doing the same
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:11 pm
Banned

The problem is you are in agreement that you can post whatever but seem to have a problem with Tangram doing the same

Let's shake hands on our agreement and move on. Like someone on here said yesterday "Life is too short"
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:02 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think you'd have to be pretty old not to have grown up with that association and to think of the flag as first being that of the NF and then that of the football team. Sure, one can argue that the flag isn't necessarily offensive, just as the swastika is an ancient good luck symbol, but flying it outside an ordinary house is a finger raised either to Catholics or to the enemies of the NF, depending on location within the UK. Flying such a flag is offensive to some and achieves nothing, there's need for such rudery. The local equivalent would be the Confederate flag, something one sees more than often enough.
I am so hoping this means I am young

lots of flag waving at national / royal events not assoc with NF or even EDL now, but of a temp / celebratory nature.
I will be honest though and still assoc. the UJ or st george flags with the context + location where I see it.
NF scarred, perhaps.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:57 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I've been flying the Japanese flag upside down for years!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:05 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP why would you fly the Canadian flag unless you are Canadian??..i fly the Union Jack and the George Cross on Canada day just to piss of my neighbours..other than that i dont understand the whole flag waving thing in Canada must be an inferiorty complex or something?
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
To the OP why would you fly the Canadian flag unless you are Canadian??..i fly the Union Jack and the George Cross on Canada day just to piss of my neighbours..other than that i dont understand the whole flag waving thing in Canada must be an inferiorty complex or something?

Have you done your acquired Canadian citizenship yet?
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

there's generally loads more flags flying in Canada than in the UK. at times i find it a bit in-your-face though. having said that i do want to fly a george cross from my place, me being a proud englishman and whatnot. it truly is a gorgeous flag, especially when flying from some twee little village church!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.