Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

Old Aug 9th 2018, 3:13 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

I'm so sorry for taking so long to renew the league!!! I've done it now but the deadline is tomorrow, 10 August!!!

For anyone who wants to join, the league code is 3569786-812889.

Drop a line here if you need anything, happy playing!!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 1:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fantasy Premier League 2018-2019

I've no idea where I'm supposed to go to sign up / join!

Thanks so much Schnooks.. you're a star!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I'm so sorry for taking so long to renew the league!!! I've done it now but the deadline is tomorrow, 10 August!!!

Thanks for this - I'm in!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:41 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I've no idea where I'm supposed to go to sign up / join!

Thanks so much Schnooks.. you're a star!
https://fantasy.premierleague.com

Create an account then follow the instructions. The section for Leagues will allow you to enter the league code. You have 100M to spend on a team of 15 players. Each week you play 11. You earn points based on their performance. Your Captain earns double points. It's pretty straight forward! Give it a shot and drop a message on here if you get stuck. Deadline is 7pm (you can still join after that but you'll miss the first week).
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Balancing the budget is a bit awkward as you rapidly get to the point where you have three or four players and you're going to go way over because there aren't enough 'cheap' options to fit.

I find it easier to use auto select and then swap players in and out before finalising it. That way you can look and say "I'll spend 2 million more on a different striker and a million less on each of two defenders" or whatever you fancy.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 3:34 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

As I constantly tell my Hooters girls! You do God's work Schnooko!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scknook - Lets go the Ambien!!
Old Sep 1st 2018, 4:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Woe, woe and thrice woe.

Isn't that just typical. Calvert-Lewin hasn't had much of a look-in at Everton so I transferred him out and Bournemouth's Wilson in.

So naturally C-L started for the first time today and, of course, scored.

I also moved the Captaincy from Firmino to Mane, figuring that Mane was more likely to get a couple today than Firmino who has been playing much deeper this season. Sure enough, Mane got the opener. Except that I really knew it was Sane in my team and I had some sort of senior moment and saw Mane in my line up. Oh well, maybe Sane will get his first start of the season today and make up for it.

So I missed double points for Firmino's goal and now I discover that Sane hasn't even made the squad today.

I had such a good start to the season too.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:24 pm
Oscar nominated

Bugger.
Last weekend, with the FA Cup semi finals and no Prem games for some teams, there were so many of my players not involved I decided to use the free transfer thing. Three players to be transferred in at no cost and then the team reverts back to what it normally is.

I had Mane and Pogba in my team with the captaincy flitting between the two according to who they were playing.

I clicked on the button and it said to make the changes - which I did. I shelved Pogba and Aguero to make a decent amount (knowing I'd get them back) and one of the other changes was to bring in Lacazette. I was given the option of 'paying' for the transfers or using the free hit, which I selected and I then put Lacazette in the starting line-up and saved.

Come the match day, there was Lacazette on the bench. Eh? I emailed because why would I transfer in a player to replace one not playing and then not play the one coming in? They said I must not have saved. Well, if I didn't 'save' how come the system saved my transfers?

I wasn't expecting them to make my intended change (and, of course, they didn't). But then I noticed I still had the free hit option, so despite selecting the free transfer button instead of paying for the transfers, I had now lost points as well as losing the selection change. There must have been some glitch.

It turned out not to be a disaster because Lacazette didn't score.

But not only had I lost points (it should have been free) when I shouldn't have done, to get my original selection back I'd have to 'pay' again with a second points deduction.

And just to compound this, with no Pogba in my team - and I'd have had him as captain,, being more likely to score against West Ham than Mane would against Chelsea - who scores two goals today, costing me double points?

Of course, I'm missing Aguero too so you can guarantee he'll get a hatful tomorrow.

Last edited by BristolUK; Apr 13th 2019 at 7:27 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 11:19 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I join next year when Leeds are in it, otherwise it’s just boring for me now